3. Fornier-Beaudry-Sorenson FD
4. Alaine coming back to win ladies
5. MT-M stepping up and looking like champions to take the title
6. Walsh/Michaud FS
7. Brasseur/Bardei FS and just discovering this new young pair in general
8. All the great young pairs
9. Nam coming back to win another title
10. The beautiful skating of Roman Sadovsky — wish he could have placed better

honourable mentions to the young and talented Stephen Gogolev and Aurora Cotop taking silver in their respective disciplines.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I no paricular order
1. Sephan Gogolev amazing SP spellbinding
2. Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier FD magical
3. Alaine Chartrand FP pure joy for her comeback
4. Nam Nguyen SP and FS sheer determination
5, Roman Sadovsky's programs without jumps
6. Aurora Cotop perfect programs

gottadance

On the Ice
top 3 ice dance teams free skates
Nadeau"s " redemption" free skate
sportsmanship amongst the men fs finalists
Joy of Veronique Mallett after FS
Walsh Michaud FS
Seeing Phan have a good comp

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
FDs from P2 & WeaPo seen through a mist of my tears.
Keegan & Nam's Hug.

Balloon

On the Ice
Weaver/Poje
Piper/Paul
Walsh/Michaud
Junior Dance teams-amazing
Aurora cotop
Top 4 junior men
Solid junior pair performances and the grit showed by young Patricia Andrew.
Stephan is always amazing
The young novice winner Ruiter hope she continues to strengthen

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Despite it being an apparent off year for Canada in respect to perspective world medallists and stars there were some awesome skates.

1. Tie Gilles and porier and Weaver and Poje freeskates. Different but equally gorgeous
3. Nam Nguyen freeskate ad winning gold after many years of growth and hardships
4. Weapo RD - wow
5. Stephen G Run boy Run short - so youthful and inspiring
6. Alaine - okay the women have reverted back to their weak stage but it was nice to see h er skate solidly and regain her nationaltitle.
7. Keegan's two program - error filled but he can entertain.
8. Aurora cotop - the cleanest Canadian good for her.
9. MTM and M - skating so solidly to take on the pairs mantle
10Gabby's short program though it was a prelude to disaster.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Congrats for making this a TOP 10 thread. It should always be this way :gclap: (even though I can't think of 10 at the mo)

1. Piper & Paul's most amazing and very emotional FD
2. Piper & Paul's RD
3. WeaPos RD
4. Stephen's SP
5. Nam's FP
6. Nam and Brian hugging
7. WeaPo FD
8. Walsh/Michaud FP

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
THE MOMENT of the whole competition for me has to be Piper and Paul's FD that defies critique, expectations and the general perception of ice dance, at least for me. One-of-a-lifetime kind of program of team whose originality, attention to detail, nuance level, staying true to themselves yet committed to the character in performance are unparalleled for me and could gift a dozen of other teams. I watched it at 2 AM, shaking even harder than in Grenoble 2 months ago seeing it live. It get better, more emotional, structured yet accessible and addictive every time they perform it. I feel privileged to witness such masterpiece of a dance, to relate so deeply to it, to feel inspired myself - I can talk, write about it for hours, so I won't abuse this thread any further ;)

Next in line:

2. PSquared RD - the most original, Milonga-authentic Tango of the season
3. WeaPo RD
4. Walsh/Michaud solid outing
5. Keegan and Nam's support, sportsmanship which illustrated what this rivalry should be about at the end of the day
6. Stephen and Aurora stepping on senior spotlight
7. Veronik getting back on Nationals' podium
8. Alaine and Nam getting back as Champions
9. Laurence/Nikolai first outing as Canadians & qualifying for 4CC and Worlds
10. Sales/Wamsteeker's FD - it's Celine, but I really dig that aesthetic for them

Junior bonus - Lajoie/Lagha. PERIOD. And depth in ID field.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
1. Gilles/Poirier fd (it's amazing the way it is, but i'm also partial to vincent...doctor who's fault)

2. alaine chartrand come back

3. nicolas nadeau fs

4. aurora cotop on the podium

5. the only 14 gogolev :biggrin:

6. last, but not least all of you with your comments. i never get to watch the competitions actually live for some reasons but i enjoy a lot follow your comments :luv17:

removof

On the Ice
Mon top 5 est :

1) Orzell sp

2) Walsh Michaud sp

3) Weaver Poje fd

4) Fournier Sorensen Fd

5) Gilles Poirier FD

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
1) WEAPO's FD+RD package... I feel they are the only team who have two great programs this year

2) Starry Starry Night : gosh, i was a doubter but this is a masterpiece.. nobody is even talking about their Hitchcock or other programs anymore... it's all about this new FD

3)The return of the NamNoodleNguyen. So happy he kept his composure: The favourite was Keegan, the buzz was about Gogo, but he kept his calm and performed

4) The KeeganNam Hug after the FP : showing the fans that skaters actually can be friends not foes.

5) The arrival of the CANES. I think Laurence and Nik are better than ever and I love their Flamenco.

6) Gabby's courage : yes, the tears came down when the results were announced... 5th seemed so far away but it was half a jump away from the podium... considering the deductions she received for falls... anyways the point though is not about the result but mostly about the fact that she put herself at risk. She knew ahead of time that there was a possibility for a bad skate. It happens. It has happened to her before. But she felt strong enough to overcome it. And : later that night, we can see a beaming Gabby, in the audience, standing up after her TCC teammate lays down a near clean program. I believe in Gabby : she will get through her difficult times and will grow up tremendously. She will be a great human being and I hope she stays in the sport and coaches later on. She will have a lot of insight on conquering one's demons.

7) Alaine's 3flip in the FP... that jump, I am not sure I have seen her land it in the last couple years... it's always a hot mess... when she landed that, I knew she was going to have a good skate. Yes, some UR still but the jumps themselves looked healthier than what we have seen in the past. She does pop up. She vaults.... TIGHT UP YOUR ANKLES Alaine ;)

8) joseph and conrad, and gogo, translating their junior successes to the senior world.

9) this is in 9th but could be in the top 5 easily : the best ever ice dance competition where the top 10 is in it... the junior FD.. WOW.

10) MTM2.0 winning their first title and listening to us :they dropped their risky 2aEU3s which was causing all sorts of issues and replaced it with what will look a good combo soon, 3s-2t-2t