Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hm, Sofia Akatieva now has the highest Free Skate score ever attained at the... What, younger novice category Russian championships. It's the highest ever by over 15 points. I believe Sofia Samodelkina is #2 all-time with this 104.01 point performance. Akatieva scored 119.45. Before this, I believe Anastasia Tarakanova's was the highest scoring free skate with 102.30 points.

Speaking of which, if we adjust for a junior program and Sofia Akatieva had added a backloaded 2A+2T+2Lo combo with same GOE as all her non- 3-3 jumps here(Should be a walk in the park for her) as well as another 3.50 BV spin(with around 0.70 GOE), she could have scored around 12.64 TES more, which would have brought her to 75.49 TES even without taking the bonus into account. With 55 PCS, that's over 130 points in the junior category.

I actually think that next season as she probably is going to be taking part in Cup of Russia, I believe she's going to be very competitive, qualify for Russian nationals and be very competitive there as well.The season after, she could even win(as a 12yo). After all, the big names will have graduated. That'd be quite something.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Ksenia Melkumova 2009
Well, that 3T gives some hope. Was actually overrotated instead of clearly UR like almost every other time. The air time was rather good, in fact. And interestingly, that's the most rotation I've seen for a 5 frame sample outside of Shcherbakova quad and Akatieva's various triples. It's almost a full revolution, which is what would translate to 6 revolutions per second. Sure, there are some inaccuracies with frame timings as always, but I've never seen anyone other than Akatieva and Shcherbakova rotate this much in that amount of time regardless. Not Trusova quad, not Kihira 3A, not Shcherbakova 3Lo, not Berestovskaya's fastest rotation samples, etc.

Ah, I made a video of it: https://streamable.com/bzdt6

And regardless of how it'll be marked, she actually managed to rotate a triple while still 8 years old.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I actually felt like also making a Melkumova to Melkumova 3T comparison which is here:

https://streamable.com/7wisc

Mhm, I didn't think it was just my eyes playing tricks. She didn't even pre-rotate an overwhelming amount here. Hmmm, I wonder what this means...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Maria Khabibulina... She really is fantastic to watch, amazing flexibility, great skating skills for her age. Incredible spirals. And amazing spins. When I watch her I start thinking that she really is a great talent.

... Then she jumps for the first time and the illusion is shattered. How's it even possible?!? Come onnnn... *bangs head against the wall*

tars

Record Breaker
Maria Khabibulina... She really is fantastic to watch, amazing flexibility, great skating skills for her age. Incredible spirals. And amazing spins. When I watch her I start thinking that she really is a great talent.

... Then she jumps for the first time and the illusion is shattered. How's it even possible?!? Come onnnn... *bangs head against the wall*
She ain't that bad for 8yo. I don't think you can assess jumping ability well at such young age.
Some body mass here and there and these kids might explode into air.

Does this 9yo look like jumping phenom to you? ;)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Does this 9yo look like jumping phenom to you? ;)
8yo :p

You're right of course. A lot can happen. And I guess she does have some rotation speed, and the leg wrap is good.

Tomorrow also will skate Uliana Vasilieva and Polina Borovskih at the same competition.
The first jun. 2 category competition of a skater is always the most exciting! It's such a step up. Unfortunately, it's the last event of the day...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
After first Ksenia's jump I started to think, 'That was good, maybe other jumps will be so good as well?' But... Sigh.

I'd note Varvara Navarenko, yesterday her short program was awful and slow, but today's free program was pretty good. Beautiful glading and spins.

Others two good girls are Maria Rebrova and Lyubov GRISHCHENKOVA (little Irina Slutskaya). Maria saved the event, very good program and skating! I guess she is a winner.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
After first Ksenia's jump I started to think, 'That was good, maybe other jumps will be so good as well?' But... Sigh.
So... that was odd. I know that for her combo, she does 1A into 3T. But she ended up doing a 2A<<. I can't imagine that she would actually plan to jump 2A as the first part of a combo, so I guess she just accidentally went way over with it?

Then again, with this coaching I would actually not even be surprised if they thought that it'd be a fantastic idea to make the first jump of the combo a 2A...

tars

Record Breaker
Can't see much promise in this girl, sorry. :confused2:

Others two good girls are Maria Rebrova
Very nice gliding, she looks elegant and free there. The rest rather meh.

Lyubov GRISHCHENKOVA[/URL] (little Irina Slutskaya). Maria saved the event, very good program and skating! I guess she is a winner.
She looks like a boy, thanks god for white boots! :laugh:

tars

Record Breaker
But didn't you just make the point that it's too early to judge Maria Khabibulina's jumps? And Melkumova's the same age :think:
It's not about jumps, but body shape. Melkumova has wide hips and bulky legs and she hasn't even started her puberty. I feel bad to say such things about kid of her age, but I also feel bad watching her coach burdening her with absurd content and about your misfired hopes.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It's not about jumps, but body shape. Melkumova has wide hips and bulky legs and she hasn't even started her puberty. I feel bad to say such things about kid of her age, but I also feel bad watching her coach burdening her with absurd content and about your misfired hopes.
Well, that's true but I still think that 8's a bit too early to make comprehensive predictions regarding body shape... The entire development's still ahead and can be affected in various ways.

Quad potential is one thing but if even Panenkova can jump consistent triples...

tars

Record Breaker
Well, let's say I sincerely want to be wrong, because her gliding, edges and musicality are truly exquisite. :thumbsup:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Two interesting upcoming events:

The first one. Just look at the staring order.

3 jun. highlights are:

Maya Koryakova (2011)
Sofia Lapshina (2012)

But then, there are many girls from Crystal, which we may haven't seen before:

2 and 1 jun.:

Alexandra PASHKEVICH
Alina Meshkova
Daria ZERNOVA
Alina GERASIMOVA
Alexandra ELONOVA
Polina TIKHONOVA
Elizaveta SMIRNOVA
Victoria SUKHOVA
Maria OSOKINA

And the second one. I guess this is the first time when Samodelkina, Berestovskaya and Zinina will compete with elder skaters: Chistyakova, Muravyova, Usacheva, Sultanmagomedova. In other category interesting competition with Mukhortova, Sinitsyna, Kostyuk, Rubtsova and others.