Veronika Zhilina | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Veronika Zhilina

Remilia

On the Ice
Oh no, apparently it's serious and she won't be recovered until February??? In that case, her season is basically already over :cry: and when it seemed like she'd finally managed to overcome her nerves too. Hopefully she is able to get better sooner than expected.

But with this injury, I can't help but worry about her jumps. if it's really that serious, then she won't be training them for months...

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm really sorry to hear this - but thanks for the replies - I worried that something like that might be the case, as I could think of no other sensible reason for her removal.

I hope that her recovery goes better than expected, but health is paramount, and I wish her the best.

I'll miss seeing her at upcoming competitions, but she had a wonderful triumph and nothing can take that away.

Scott512

Record Breaker
So sorry to hear about this injury and hopefully it won't be as bad as expected. Veronika is young and strong and can recover fast. She looked like a different skater this season and and I hope she can come back by January. But if not make it next season.

The stress all of these phenomenal athletes put on their body with figure skating is incredible and then you add it all the ultra jumps. Very tough on the body.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Some more info has come to light about Nika's injury - I may well regret posting this, but I can't let it slide...

It would appear that the reports of her being badly injured were from a site called Telegram. Which is basically a cross between Twitter and What's App. The main takeaway from this is that the person in question had no verifiable information and was basically posting some rumours they heard.

Nika has returned to the ice on two feet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUVQk2gAHod

And prior to this week she hadn't been seen on the ice for some days. So basically...she was injured, enough that she couldn't compete at the Baltic Cup safely this week. She was not entered as an alternate at Linz and therefore can't make the JGPF (this is no way indicates that she can't skate in December only that she can't make the criteria NOW). The person on Telegram basically took this isolated fact and turned it into a definitive statement that Nika is so badly injured she can't skate for MONTHS.

And everyone from Reddit to here took at as gospel.

Now that we see Nika on ice the claim is the Academy is risking her health because they're horrible people who don't care, but this is actually her rehabilitation after been OFF the ice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUULPOOg3Fj and https://www.instagram.com/p/CUUEnwxjzPj - It was her left hip that was hurt and here she is practicing on her LEFT leg to strengthen it back up again.

I hurt my right shoulder earlier this year and have been going to the Physio every couple of weeks. I am given exercises for THAT shoulder, because it's weak and I need to strengthen it up. I dare say my Physiotherapist is not a psycho trying to injure me further.

Honestly, I'd post this in the Russian Women Thread, but that would probably be as useful as shouting this post under water.

I just hope fellow fans of Nika might be a bit less inclined to see the worst case scenario because of who her coach is.

I hope Nika is fully healthy soon and maybe she'll try a Cup of Russia stage.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Some more info has come to light about Nika's injury - I may well regret posting this, but I can't let it slide...

It would appear that the reports of her being badly injured were from a site called Telegram. Which is basically a cross between Twitter and What's App. The main takeaway from this is that the person in question had no verifiable information and was basically posting some rumours they heard.

Nika has returned to the ice on two feet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUVQk2gAHod

And prior to this week she hadn't been seen on the ice for some days. So basically...she was injured, enough that she couldn't compete at the Baltic Cup safely this week. She was not entered as an alternate at Linz and therefore can't make the JGPF (this is no way indicates that she can't skate in December only that she can't make the criteria NOW). The person on Telegram basically took this isolated fact and turned it into a definitive statement that Nika is so badly injured she can't skate for MONTHS.

And everyone from Reddit to here took at as gospel.

Now that we see Nika on ice the claim is the Academy is risking her health because they're horrible people who don't care, but this is actually her rehabilitation after been OFF the ice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUULPOOg3Fj and https://www.instagram.com/p/CUUEnwxjzPj - It was her left hip that was hurt and here she is practicing on her LEFT leg to strengthen it back up again.

I hurt my right shoulder earlier this year and have been going to the Physio every couple of weeks. I am given exercises for THAT shoulder, because it's weak and I need to strengthen it up. I dare say my Physiotherapist is not a psycho trying to injure me further.

Honestly, I'd post this in the Russian Women Thread, but that would probably be as useful as shouting this post under water.

I just hope fellow fans of Nika might be a bit less inclined to see the worst case scenario because of who her coach is.

I hope Nika is fully healthy soon and maybe she'll try a Cup of Russia stage.
There was so much confusion about her injury was it a leg? Ankle? It was her hip.
And then Nika was gonna miss the rest of the junior season and of course that wasn't true either. She's back and likely to skate competitively soon. Nice.

Isn't she in the in the JGP final?

The competition is so tough among the Russian junior girls it's important to compete if healthy. .

Oh and you should have posted this in Russian women's thread what's used to be the Russian lady's thread. It would have made sense to people who were upset saying nika skate on one leg and wondering what the heck was going on. Now it all adds up.

Remilia

On the Ice
Aaaaah!!! I'm so happy she had such a speedy recovery!:jump::party2::bsplit:I was so worried we wouldn't see her again at all this season and she would sadly have to pull out of the jgpf 😭

I wonder if it would be too much to hope we'll see her at cup of russia? Get some competition and practice in before jgpf?

Remilia

On the Ice
Does anyone know if Veronika has actually started back doing jumps yet :unsure: I don't follow the AoP account, so I wouldn't know.

Also, still disappointed she wasn't actually at Denis Ten memorial... wonder if she was ever actually supposed to be there and withdrew (which would be a tad concerning) or it was just false info that got spread somehow?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Veronika has actually started back doing jumps yet :unsure: I don't follow the AoP account, so I wouldn't know.

Also, still disappointed she wasn't actually at Denis Ten memorial... wonder if she was ever actually supposed to be there and withdrew (which would be a tad concerning) or it was just false info that got spread somehow?
She withdrew. I don't think she's ready yet.

Remilia

On the Ice
I don't really keep up with sportsru, so I just discovered this article! So glad to have it confirmed that Veronika will be at the gpf and is apparently back to jumping quads and the 3a :cheer:

And speaking of sportsru, it's kind of hilarious to me how a certain group of users there are convinced that Veronika's injury was fake...such a ridiculous notion.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And speaking of sportsru, it's kind of hilarious to me how a certain group of users there are convinced that Veronika's injury was fake...such a ridiculous notion.
Yeah that place is awful...makes Twitter look well-balanced! The rumour is that the Academy (aka Plushy) were terrified of having her go up against Sofia Akatieva and/or Sofia Samodelkina. Which really is ridiculous because she's totally going to meet them at Nats even if she didn't go to JGPF.

But I'm happy she is! I'm looking forward to seeing her programs again, she's a total firecracker 🥰