Veronika Zhilina | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Veronika Zhilina

Aimee-01

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Is Zhilina in the same situation as Akatieva when it comes to competing juniors next season?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is Zhilina in the same situation as Akatieva when it comes to competing juniors next season?
Well Veronika was born in May 2008 so she won't be able to become a senior until the 23-24 season so I think so...Sofia A was born in 2007 I believe but in July so she just misses the cut-off to go senior next season.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Veronika did well, but she looks like she's not quite back to her usual form yet. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Fortunately she still has time. On the plus side, they seem to have used the time she couldn't jump to work on steps and skating skills (as could be seen on the AoP videos). More better-quality transitions and that's the first time she ever got a StSq4.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Veronika did well, but she looks like she's not quite back to her usual form yet. Let's see what happens tomorrow. Fortunately she still has time. On the plus side, they seem to have used the time she couldn't jump to work on steps and skating skills (as could be seen on the AoP videos). More better-quality transitions and that's the first time she ever got a StSq4.
She did well and she has a chance to beat out Petro for junior worlds. Nika needs a good free though.

These Junior Russian girls are just amazing.

I also would like to see Nika and Adelia standing next to each other so we can see who's taller and smaller. ;) Growth spurts may be coming for both which is always very tricky for a figure skater.

Remilia

On the Ice
God...Nika, that skate was a disaster :( I'm so devastated for her...What is the problem? Bad ice? Nerves? Still not fully recovered from her injury? Has she simply been out of competition for too long? Is it some combination of all those things?...I don't know what the problem is :(

Hopefully she'll have plenty of time to rest up and will be able to come back next season even stronger than before.

Scott512

Record Breaker
God...Nika, that skate was a disaster :( I'm so devastated for her...What is the problem? Bad ice? Nerves? Still not fully recovered from her injury? Has she simply been out of competition for too long? Is it some combination of all those things?...I don't know what the problem is :(

Hopefully she'll have plenty of time to rest up and will be able to come back next season even stronger than before.
She hasn't competed in like 4 months probably since September. But there was so much opportunity there for Nika today. third place was up for grabs.

She was really good in the short program and has so much natural talent I just hope it can be reigned in.

Vernonika also needs more competitions and they don't have to be on the level of Junior Russian Nationals.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She hasn't competed in like 4 months probably since September. But there was so much opportunity there for Nika today. third place was up for grabs.

She was really good in the short program and has so much natural talent I just hope it can be reigned in.

Vernonika also needs more competitions and they don't have to be on the level of Junior Russian Nationals.
Nika clearly wasn't in full form yet, it looked suspicious even in the SP where she landed the jumps but looked out of breath at the end. today it was obvious. For her it was good the JGPF was cancelled, the consequences could have been much worse if she skated there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nika clearly wasn't in full form yet, it looked suspicious even in the SP where she landed the jumps but looked out of breath at the end. today it was obvious. For her it was good the JGPF was cancelled, the consequences could have been much worse if she skated there.
I just hope there's a couple smaller events she can't compete in this season she needs needs to get comfortable competing again.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Veronika talked in her interview about not having had enough practice, particularly with full run-throughs, so it definitely sounds like she wasn't in shape yet. Such a pity. Let's see if she manages to recover later in the season.

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
FP

She had first jump 2A before blackout.:)

7ZD33xdCsvI.jpg

And her sister))

Last edited:

Remilia

On the Ice
I'm glad Nika was able to come back from her short and go mostly clean in the free! Shame about the 1T though, that was the difference between a 4th place finish and a 3rd place finish (well, that and the lvl 3 stsq)...

I think she only has 1 competition left? Novice Championships? Hopefully she can end her season with two clean skates and a win.

Scott512

Record Breaker
FP

She had first jump 2A before blackout.:)

7ZD33xdCsvI.jpg

And her sister))

Pretty brutal PCS score under 60. :(

But i am glad Nika had a good comeback from her injury earlier in the season.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Seems like Kirill isn't the only one who gave an interview in AoP :biggrin:

Nika wants to land 4-4 in competition!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Seems like Kirill isn't the only one who gave an interview in AoP :biggrin:
Match must have visited the Academy...or maybe spoke with Kirill and Nika during Junior Nats. Thanks for the link! A very intriguing interview.

Nika wants to land 4-4 in competition!
That would be a crazy sight! Are 4-4s even allowed though 🤔 I bet that wouldn't stop Nika though :biggrin:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
That would be a crazy sight! Are 4-4s even allowed though 🤔 I bet that wouldn't stop Nika though :biggrin:
They are! 4-4s are only banned in the short program, but women's SP doesn't have quads at all.

From special regulations:
A jump combination may consist of the same or another single, double, triple or quadruple jump. There may be up to three jump combinations or jump sequences in the Free Program.