Veronika Zhilina | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Veronika Zhilina

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So Nika had the dubious honour of competing in the Channel One Cup.

I say dubious because the jumping contest consisted of about 8 jumps. Like 5 minutes of skating.

The Channel One Cup is taking place in Sarnask, a little over 650km from Moscow.

Nika went more than 1300km for 8 jumps.

She wasn't even invited to stay with Team Blue!

I'm so angry for her. What the Hell was the point of that?! She's had an absolute terrible season with a serious injury and unfortunate performances at Junior Nats. And the RusFed in all their wisdom thought it was appropriate, thought they were doing her a FAVOUR by letting her compete in the jumping competition?!

She didn't even get any money for her troubles! She could have re-injured herself!

And unless she managed to fly there she spent 18 hours in a train or on the road to do all that. She's 13 years old!

I. Am. Pissed.

Remilia

On the Ice
So Nika had the dubious honour of competing in the Channel One Cup.

I say dubious because the jumping contest consisted of about 8 jumps. Like 5 minutes of skating.

The Channel One Cup is taking place in Sarnask, a little over 650km from Moscow.

Nika went more than 1300km for 8 jumps.

She wasn't even invited to stay with Team Blue!

I'm so angry for her. What the Hell was the point of that?! She's had an absolute terrible season with a serious injury and unfortunate performances at Junior Nats. And the RusFed in all their wisdom thought it was appropriate, thought they were doing her a FAVOUR by letting her compete in the jumping competition?!

She didn't even get any money for her troubles! She could have re-injured herself!

And unless she managed to fly there she spent 18 hours in a train or on the road to do all that. She's 13 years old!

I. Am. Pissed.
I mean, to be fair, no one forced her to compete. If her coaches didn't think it was a good idea, they wouldn't have let her do it. It sucks that she wasn't allowed to compete in the actual program portion of the event, but it was the same for Akatieva. I assume it has something to do with them being considered juniors still, but in that case, I don't know why they were invited at all. At the very least, Nika being invited to compete in the channel 1 cup probably means she is still in the Rusfed's good favor despite her rocky past few competitions.

Still, I would have loved to see her perform her actual programs there, and it is unfair that she did not get any prize money out of it. I certainly hope her traveling to and from Sarnask didn't contribute to her falling ill and being unable to compete at novice nats...:slink:

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Veronika jumped 4S<+1Eu+3S+1Eu+3Lo+1Eu+3Sq+2A<+1Eu+3S+1Eu+3S<+2A<+1Eu+3S<+1Eu+3S<+1Eu+3S< in training. Not strict BV (not counting +SEQ deductions or more than 3 jump invalidation): 48.60 points.
If jumped in competition however she would only be credited for the 4S<+1Eu+3S which would be 12.56 points.
If scored without counting +REP and allowing for multiple jumps in a combo and +SEQ (which only allow the jumps in front of it to be counted at 80% BV and if you compound that up): 4S<+1Eu+3S+1Eu+3Lo+SEQ+1Eu+3Sq+2A<+SEQ+1Eu+3S+1Eu+3S<+2A<+SEQ+1Eu+3S<+1Eu+3S<+1Eu+3S< would only get 17.01 points.

Remilia

On the Ice
I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to be impressed by that :palmf: it just seems so reckless and utterly pointless. Like, how is this going to help her where needed? Which is consistency. Just risking her getting injured again... :bang:There's no way that's healthy for her body

Azikin

Medalist
Veronika at the Junior Test Skates

https://youtu.be/vk36upY2ErE?si=bxKiw_-U5Qomf91E - SP Music: Can't Help Falling In Love (Dark Verison)
https://youtu.be/bwX7KuNkqCo?si=7FBLvfKODBIUmM-j - FS Music: Michael Jackson Medley

She's looking good! I wonder what the costumes will be like?
You mean, other than the usual consistency problems? But I must admit, as much as I think that Michael Jackson program is not suitable for her, I see some potential in it and I really like some parts.. I also think Nika is getting better in her expression and feel for the music.. yeah, I guess she's maturing...

Remilia

On the Ice
Belated test skates thoughts. I like both Nika's short and fs. A step up from last season where she had a beautiful short but, imo, terrible fs that she simply could not connect with. It also seems to me that her issue with nerves has improved tremendously over the past 2 years. Despite the mistakes in the fs, she didn't fall apart or let it impact the performance as a whole, so bravo to her! I always figured/hoped she'd become less nervy as she got older, and I'm pleased to see I was right (knock on wood). The fs still needs some work, mostly with her expressions, and it would be nice if she loosened up more during the dance parts, but I'm sure those areas will improve over the course of the season. Looking at her grand prix assignments, she's got two tough stages and it's her first season as a senior, so I'm a little worried, but I have faith in her.

Unrelated, but I'm curious as to how tall she is now. She has clearly grown quite a bit over the past 2 years. If I had to guess, I'd say around 153cm 🤔

Last edited: