Watching TV. Computer help. | Golden Skate

Watching TV. Computer help.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am no computer genius. I bumbled around and finally figured out how to watch Japanese TV using iSakura. The biggest issue was getting adobe flash player to work as a "plug in" to Google Chrome after enabling it. But Adobe flash is being dropped like a hot potato on Jan 1. See their website. I am going to write up for myself how to get iSakura for next year. If anyone knows or comes across a way to get a flash player to work on any common browser, let me know. TIA
japan tv 8.jpg

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know the answer (also not computer brainy) but I have found that sometimes just typing "how do I" and the problem you need solving into google brings up at lest half a dozen forums/websites where they are discussing it and a couple of solutions. Someone else has always needed to know what I need ☺️

Also isakura will be aware of the flash going so presumably will be doing something about it too before long?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don't know the answer (also not computer brainy) but I have found that sometimes just typing "how do I" and the problem you need solving into google brings up at lest half a dozen forums/websites where they are discussing it and a couple of solutions. Someone else has always needed to know what I need ☺️

Also isakura will be aware of the flash going so presumably will be doing something about it too before long?
Like you, I use google to learn about or ask questions about just about everything. It really works most of the time ...especially questions about cell phones and other technology that many others have asked.....so far its very unclear what will happen to Adobe flash in the short term. THEY say to uninstall it but you dont have to....I hope it all gets sorted out a year from now....for some reason, after the first day, the feed was very smooth and worked perfectly.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Like you, I use google to learn about or ask questions about just about everything. It really works most of the time ...especially questions about cell phones and other technology that many others have asked.....so far its very unclear what will happen to Adobe flash in the short term. THEY say to uninstall it but you dont have to....I hope it all gets sorted out a year from now....for some reason, after the first day, the feed was very smooth and worked perfectly.
I did take mine off (which meant one of the little online games I play is lost 😩) and am keeping a weather eye out for any suggestions online or through people I know who know better... if I get something over the year I'll try and remember to post about it.

One thing, because it was the Japanese, there were quite a few fan streams as well, which took neither flash nor VPN.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I did take mine off (which meant one of the little online games I play is lost 😩) and am keeping a weather eye out for any suggestions online or through people I know who know better... if I get something over the year I'll try and remember to post about it.

One thing, because it was the Japanese, there were quite a few fan streams as well, which took neither flash nor VPN.
Thanks for the info! I really got spoiled with Japanese TV. No midnight to 4 am seasons...watch when I want, as much as I like. Loved the sentimental Kubota commercials and the beer commercials....sad there is no easy way to record the event...oh well....there is always youtube.
I am sure there is a workaround at some point for flash, but its odd that no one has prepared for this yet.....

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Preparation for the demise of flash has been spotty. I regular visit two different games sites. One converted all their games from flash to non-flash at least 6 months ago. They announced their plan on the site, told people when the conversion was happening, and invited users to report problems. The other site has not announced anything, but last week games started disappearing from the site. Most of the ones that use flash have just disappeared, with no explanation. Are they going to be restored with non-flash versions? It's anybody's guess.