What are your 5 favorites programs this season? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

What are your 5 favorites programs this season?

Barb

Record Breaker
1.Satoko Miss Saigon
2.Hanyu Phantom of the Opera
3. Ten Caruso
4. Radionova FP
5.Miu Honda Pink panther
Miu is the Novis rising star. Her Pink Panther looked like Lori's old one but it is Fumie Sugiri 's first work as choreographer according to her.

do you have a link for Honda's video?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay, now that the season is over --- I guess I can give my 5 faves. Sticking to competition programs. :)

(Not in any particular order; including best international performance for it, IMO)
-- Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani - Paso SD. (4CC)
-- Jason Brown - Tristan and Isolde FS (WTT)
-- Han Yan - Sinatra FS (4CC)
-- Weijung Sui/Cong Han - Strut Cat Strut SP (WTT)
-- Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov - Manfred Symphony FS (Skate America)

Honorable Mentions (rounding out top 10)
-- Cheng Peng/Hao Zhang - Arabian Dance SP (Cup of China)
-- Yuzuru Hanyu - Chopin Ballade SP (GPF)
-- Satoko Miyahara - Miss Saigon FS (WTT)
-- Sergei Voronov - It's a Man's World, et al FS (WTT)
-- Ashley Wagner - Mouiin Rouge FS (GPF)

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Oh dear, choosing five programs is so hard I would say with no particular order: Papadakis/Cizeron's FD, Hanyu's SP, Ashley's FP, Liza's SP aaaaaaaand Duhamel/Radford's FP. And Sui/Han's SP...... and Wakaba Higuchi's programs, and Weaver/ Poje Four Seasons, Han Yan's SP.... Nooooo there are too much programs I adored this season

khlaw

Rinkside
It is so hard to choose only 5 from many programs that I like... so I decided to pick 2 sp, 2 lp and 1 Ex ;-) No ice dance programs sorry - not that I don't like it but I followed it more as a casual audience because lack of much knowledge

SP:

1. Yulia's SP - watched it live and loved it! (though I'm not a fan of that costume lol) I wish her come back in form next season!
2. Yuzuru's SP - I think Jeff-Yuzuru is a perfect match! Just like David-Yuna:) I hope Jeff could choreograph his LP next season

Nominated: Javier's SP - very Javi;-) And my dad loves it LOL

LP:

3. Ashley's LP - fall in love with her program at GPF - one word to summarize: gorgeous
4. Pang / TOng's LP - such a program with all those emotions...

Nominated: Yuzuru's COC - after seeing him lied on ice for one (probably two) minutes not able to getting up but choking... I was so touched. (though I was not and still not buying this program lol) Boy is a fighter.

Ex:

5. Sui / Han's plants vs. zombies!!!

Btw, I was happy that I didn't answer this question earlier - many changes (like/so-so) made throughout the season.

samm22

On the Ice
1. Kanako's short ... simply because she goes out and does it with a beaming smile every time
2. Joshua's short ... choreo is supurb
3. Satoko's long ... choreo and transitions and arms and grace out-way lack of height on her jumps
4. Yuzuru's long ... a decent program, and he skates it well and commits to it and elevates it
5. Satoko's ex ... she embodies the song so well, and I LOVE her arms

I also really liked Jason's long, Ashley's long, Elizabet's long (although she's still a junior) and G/C's long

EDIT: I didn't order them in any particular order, but it seems that way looking back at it...oops

Last edited:

AnaBM

Rinkside
This is so hard, but the ones I've seen over and over again are (in no particular order):
Hurtado/Díaz SD
Weaver/Poje FD
Javier Fernandez SP
Papadakis/Cizeron FD
Kavaguti/Smirnov LP