friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
1) Zijun Li SP
2) Karen Chen FS
3) Boyang Jin SP
4) Patrick Chan FS
5) Shin Amano

All in all, this was a painful competition imo.

eta

Medalist
In no particular order because I can't decide...

Yu/Zhang
Peng/Jin
Boyang
Tech caller for ladies
Hong Chen's FD dress

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My Top 5 in order : didn't see half of the event yet though.

1. Cheng Peng / Yang Jin SP & FS
2. Xiaoyu Yu / Hao Zhang FS
3. Boyang Jin SP & FS
4. Patrick Chan FS
5. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva FS

Honorable mention

Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin SD
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje FD
Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
1. Is the fun I had posting with people here. I think it's a lot safer for the rest of you when the competitions don't make those of us in N.A stay up so late. We get rowdy. Why is it Europeans, Asians and Australians can stay up without losing their minds?

2. P. Chan's long. I don't know if it's just that I was really fighting off sleep but I found his performance very moving. He doesn't normally move me. I'm not always the biggest Patrick Chan fan so this was surprising.

3. The 3 lovely chinese pairs and the 3 lovely chinese dance teams. I hope they get them out there and send them to senior bs and give them more exposure.

4. Daniel Samohin's short to Tom Jones is my own personal red bull. I give me wings.

5. Osmond's short and Tuk's return to the form (hopefully).

I second the tech caller for ladies praise as well. They can't keep allowing underrotations and flutzes. And don't start with the prerotations because I think they should figure out what do about those too. (I do like the idea of playing the Grinch music when Mr. Shin AMANO name is announced in the arena)

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
1) Elena Radionova's SP
2) Boyang Jin's SP
3) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's FS
4) Peng/Jin's SP
5) Zijun Li's SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
1) Shin Amano
2) Patrick Chan's LP
3)Jin's SP
4) Kaetkyn's SP
5) Weapo's SD

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In no particular order - hard to pick only 5 :)

1) Boyang Jin's SP
2) Voronov's FS (go Gramps!)
3) Max Aaron's FS (roar!)
4) Mai Mihara's SP
5) Kaetlyn Osmond's FS -- especially the Musetta's Waltz section

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
in no particular order....

1. Shin Amano

okay I'm joking but his calls made everything interesting

1. Patrick FS
2. Boyang FS
3. S/K SD
4. Wea/Po SD
5. Yu/Zhang SP

Kirei

On the Ice
Peng/Jin SP - One of my favourite Pairs SP this season. It is so charming and suits them well. I'm so happy to see Peng relaxed, happy and landing her jumps.

Kaetlyn Osmond SP - Her entire season has been amazing, especially after all her injuries the past few seasons.

Boyang Jin's SP: The program really came alive here when he landed all his jumps (+ home crowd). He's improved a lot since last season

Patrick Chan's FS: His skating is beautiful. Full stop.

Ladies' Technical Panel - I'm sad that Ashley will probably not make GPF. But it's good to see clean jumps rewarded, and the calls were quite consistent for everyone.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Peng/Jin SP. They are really an interesting, young couple, and I liked this program soooo much! It suits them really well and the choreo matches the music beautifully! Great for them :biggrin:
Shin Amano, obviously ahahahaha :laugh:
Boyang's SP. Really happy he delivered a good performance after the disaster at Skate America :agree:
Elena's SP, I'm just in love with the flirty Radionova in that program! It suits her capability of interpretation and performance amazingly well! Great job by Shae Lynn :hap10:
Tukt's FS, well done! She seems returning to her best form, slowly, and I can't wait for Russian Nats :love:

Bonus: Kaetlyn's SP, maybe my favourite SP of this season till now! Go Kaetlyn and good luck for the GPF! :gclap:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
1. Peng/Jin SP - I have been pretty bored with pairs lately and they give me hope again!
2. Sergei SP/FS
3. Boyang SP/FS
4. Liza FS - not sure if I actually liked anything about it, just good to see her skating as well as I know she can
5. Daniel Samohin SP

honorable mention - Kaetlyn's SP

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Chanā€™s free skate was beyond beautiful despite a fall, which always brings down a performance for me. (Though sadly Iā€™ve almost got used to men falling. Nearly everyone with quad attempts do ā€¦well, shout out to Max Aaron and Voronov who didnā€™t at this event).

Radionovaā€™s both programs and winning GOLD. Sheā€™s such a fighter and performer and tackles her growth so well.

Osmondā€™s both programs and winning SILVER. Iā€™m so happy sheā€™s back strong from all her injury problems. Hope she can skate two clean programs and challenge for a medal at worlds.

Peng/Jin having fun together, performing and skating well winning SILVER.

Boyang Jinā€™s free skate with four quad attempts + fun attempt to charm the judges for better components. Better luck next time!

Honorable mention to Inna Goncharenko for:
* Bringing up a star
* Training and nurturing a silver fox
* Having patience with a naughty boy

voolfee

On the Ice
1. Elena Radionova SP
2. Elena Radionova LP
3. Patrick Chan LP
4. Stepanova/Bukin FD
5. Sergey Voronov LP

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I loved Jin Boyang LP so much, I watched it several times. It is childish but nice. The SP is also super entertaining. I am so happy he came back with strong programs. I only hope judges become more kind to his presentation marks. He improved so much, still marks have not changed.
So Jin grabs my first spots.

Next, in no particular order, come Kaetlyn SP, Voronov LP, Daniel Samohin SP.

Honourable mention: Weaver and Poje programs, both SP and LP

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Can I give my "worst five" instead? What can I say, I'm the princess of positivity.

1. The overhead camera on the spins. I had to look away every time. Nauseating.

2. Dylan and Lubov's free program. All my teeth have cavities after watching that, I'm currently on my way to the denture clinic. I bet even Marie-France watches it and thinks: "This is too much mush, even for me. I need to immediately listen to some more Sam Smith to get my hate back."

3. Liza's black garbage bag dress. Why are her people so adamant on trying to make her appear ugly?

4. Kovtun after his short program, tossing his dirty snot tissue into the kiss-n-cry planter right on camera, and coach Goncharenko fishing it out in disgust. She was probably thinking: "How did I get so lucky to have such a graceful, classy student? Such a good skater too, that program was pure bliss!" Actually no, she was probably fantasizing about hitchhiking herself right out of China.

5. Kovtun, yet again! Spitting on the ice like a camel before his free program. Epitome of class. Such a gentleman.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She's a saint and has a lot more patience than I would have.

I'm seriously convinced that in January of 2014, somebody in the Russian fed actually had the ability to see into the future, witnessed Kovtun's behaviour this weekend, and said "Yep, this is why we're sending Plushy to the Olympics".