Where are you watching Skate America 2023? | Golden Skate

Where are you watching Skate America 2023?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For those without Peacock, USFSA has a YouTube channel which has practice recaps, backstage video, and the press conferences here:

https://youtube.com/@USFigureSkating?si=-dj9J3rWFogm3SNY

Fans from many countries can watch on the ISU channel here:

Here are the tiles for the ISU Livestreams, for those lucky enough to be able to use them.​
Another thing you can do with these tiles is to get a notification sent to your cellphone.​

Friday, 20 October

Pairs SP
7:30 PM Eastern time​

Men's SP
8:53 PM Eastern time​

Saturday, 21 October

Rhythm Dance
3:03 PM Eastern time​

Pairs FS
4:39 PM Eastern time​

Women's SP
7:16 PM Eastern time​

Men's FS
9:04 PM Eastern time​

Sunday, 22 October

Free Dance
2:15 PM Eastern time​

Women's FS
4:03 PM Eastern time​

Exhibition
8:30 PM Eastern time​

In the US, we can't, and here's the US schedule.

All events can be streamed on Peacock. There is also quite a lot of TV coverage, too, for Skate America at least.

DateCompetitionTime (ET)Platform
Oct. 202023 Humana Skate America: Pairs and Men's Short Program7:30 p.m.E!
Oct. 212023 Humana Skate America: Women's Short Program and Men's Free Skate8 p.m.E!
Oct. 222023 Humana Skate America: Free Dance and Women's Free Skate3 p.m.E!
Oct. 222023 Humana Skate America: Recap12 p.m.
-2:00 pm
NBC

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Free (for Canadians or honorary Canadians) online streaming on CBC website. Enjoy ! This is the schedule for the entire GP season. Eastern time.

Fri Oct 207:30 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Pairs Short Program
Fri Oct 208:53 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Men's Short Program
Sat Oct 213:03 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Sat Oct 214:39 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Pairs Free Program
Sat Oct 217:16 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Women's Short Program
Sat Oct 219:04 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Men's Free Program
Sun Oct 222:15 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Ice Dance Free Dance
Sun Oct 224:03 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Women's Free Program
Sun Oct 228:30 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America - Gala
Fri Oct 275:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Women's Short Program
Fri Oct 276:50 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Fri Oct 279:45 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Pairs Short Program
Fri Oct 2711:10 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Men's Short Program
Sat Oct 285:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Women's Free Program
Sat Oct 286:25 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Oct 289:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Pairs Free Program
Sat Oct 2810:37 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Men's Short Program
Sun Oct 295:00 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate Canada International - Gala
Fri Nov 037:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Women's Short Program
Fri Nov 039:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Fri Nov 0310:45 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Men's Short Program
Fri Nov 0312:45 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Pairs Short Program
Sat Nov 047:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Women's Free Program
Sat Nov 049:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Nov 0411:02 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Men's Free Program
Sat Nov 041:10 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Pairs Free Program
Sun Nov 057:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Grand Prix de France - Gala
Fri Nov 103:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Fri Nov 105:10 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Women's Short Program
Fri Nov 107:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Men's Short Program
Fri Nov 108:50 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Pairs Short Program
Sat Nov 112:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Nov 114:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Women's Free Program
Sat Nov 116:40 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Men's Free Program
Sat Nov 119:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Pairs Free Program
Sun Nov 122:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Cup of China - Gala
Fri Nov 176:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Men's Short Program
Fri Nov 177:50 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Pairs Short Program
Fri Nov 1710:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Women's Short Program
Fri Nov 1711:50 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Sat Nov 185:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Men's Free Program
Sat Nov 187:40 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Pairs Free Program
Sat Nov 1810:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Women's Free Program
Sat Nov 1812:40 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Ice Dance Free Program
Sun Nov 197:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Espoo 2023 - Gala
Thu Nov 2311:25 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Fri Nov 241:15 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Women's Short Program
Fri Nov 243:15 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Pairs Short Program
Fri Nov 246:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Men's Short Program
Fri Nov 2410:50 p.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Nov 2512:50 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Women's Free Program
Sat Nov 254:10 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Pairs Free Program
Sat Nov 256:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Men's Free Program
Sun Nov 2612:20 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: NHK Trophy - Gala
Thu Dec 075:55 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Pairs Short Program
Thu Dec 077:07 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Men's Short Program
Fri Dec 084:45 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Pairs Free Program
Fri Dec 087:55 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Women's Short Program
Fri Dec 089:00 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
Sat Dec 095:50 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Ice Dance Free Program
Sat Dec 097:10 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Women's Free Program
Sat Dec 098:27 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Men's Free Program
Sun Dec 102:30 a.m.ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2023 - Gala

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Will the competitions also be streamed live on the ISU YouTube channel?
Yes. From the ISU homepage:
Where to Watch

The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events will be live streamed on the official ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating YouTube Channel in most countries. Find out Where to watch the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating competitions.

Subscribe to the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating YouTube Channel to receive all the latest videos, and follow the conversation with #GPFigure.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For USA viewers... and I suppose for others that are geo-blocked for whatever reason...

Last year, I used the free version of the Proton VPN app, installed to my iPad, and set to Netherlands, to view all ISU livestream GP and major international championship events.

Fingers crossed it works again.

PS, I'm an old fart and not technologically savvy, and even I could manage it.

Edit: I see our friend @CoyoteChris beat me to the punch with the Proton info. But you all deserve to see it twice!

Ivana

On the Ice
Got to love the ISU again, there is a new rights holder for my country, not a single minute planned to air on TV or online, yet we are blocked for another season from their stream. At least there is Eurosport live and on demand to catch up.

macy

Record Breaker
why is it being shown on E! instead of NBC this season? i don't recall it ever being on E!...

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll second the VPN thing. If anyone needs help with it, I'm more than happy to assist.
Oooh, I need help! I used Proton last year, and it did work. The problem was switching back and forth between Netherlands and the US, because I don't actually want to use a VPN most of the time. Every time I switched, it made me log out of everything--all social media, work emails, streaming services, the whole nine yards. If I didn't, it just refused to work. What with swapping back and forth every day during major events, sometimes more than once, it was such a big pain I just stopped watching. Is there a way around this?

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Oooh, I need help! I used Proton last year, and it did work. The problem was switching back and forth between Netherlands and the US, because I don't actually want to use a VPN most of the time. Every time I switched, it made me log out of everything--all social media, work emails, streaming services, the whole nine yards. If I didn't, it just refused to work. What with swapping back and forth every day during major events, sometimes more than once, it was such a big pain I just stopped watching. Is there a way around this?
Happy to help!

Perhaps try using a different browser for the skating only?

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Another issue is don't forget to disconnect from the VPN when done watching. If not, you could run into the issue i had last season when I forgot to disconnect and couldn't figure out why all the sports news on ESPN.com was all in Dutch LOL!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
USFSA posted this on Instagram:

Screenshot_20231018-080412.png

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With less than 48 hours to go until the start of Skate America, I think fans in the British Isles finally have an answer.

To recap:

• In March 2022, Viaplay announced that they had bought the British Isles rights for all ISU skating events in the 2023-24 to 2027-28 seasons.
  • Viaplay UK launched in November 2022.
  • British Eurosport's contract for the figure skating ended at the end of the 2022-23 season.
  • In July 2023, Viaplay announced that they were pulling out of all markets except for the Nordic countries and the Netherlands.

For the past 3 months, we in the British Isles haven't known where we will be able to watch the ISU skating events. There have been no announcements or indication from anywhere.

However, all of the livestreams for the World Feed coverage of Skate America are now visible on the "Upcoming Livestreams" page on the ISU YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU/

I would say that is a good sign that the streams will NOT be geo-blocked for us when they come on-air.

So, I take it this means that Viaplay has already handed back the rights in the British Isles, and nobody else has bought them.

Well, at least it means we will be able to watch the skating for free. Just a pity that it is online only, and not on linear TV as well.

CaroLiza_fan

Pink Peril

Rinkside
With less than 48 hours to go until the start of Skate America, I think fans in the British Isles finally have an answer.

To recap:

• In March 2022, Viaplay announced that they had bought the British Isles rights for all ISU skating events in the 2023-24 to 2027-28 seasons.
  • Viaplay UK launched in November 2022.
  • British Eurosport's contract for the figure skating ended at the end of the 2022-23 season.
  • In July 2023, Viaplay announced that they were pulling out of all markets except for the Nordic countries and the Netherlands.

For the past 3 months, we in the British Isles haven't known where we will be able to watch the ISU skating events. There have been no announcements or indication from anywhere.

However, all of the livestreams for the World Feed coverage of Skate America are now visible on the "Upcoming Livestreams" page on the ISU YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU/

I would say that is a good sign that the streams will NOT be geo-blocked for us when they come on-air.

So, I take it this means that Viaplay has already handed back the rights in the British Isles, and nobody else has bought them.

Well, at least it means we will be able to watch the skating for free. Just a pity that it is online only, and not on linear TV as well.

CaroLiza_fan
I am in New Zealand and also desperately hoping that this year they will have unblocked us and that I will also be able to watch the ISU YouTube live broadcast. Here we previously had it on sky NZ, but they then dropped it two years ago but despite them requesting ISU numerous times to release the Geo block, they didn’t so we’ve been unable to watch.
I made multiple complaints to the ISU customer service and never had a single response to any of them. I typed a letter and sent it snail mail, but again heard nothing. Just disgraceful the way they operate. They seem to want to stop almost anyone on earth watching skating anymore.
Last year we also had all the live streams listed, but when you clicked on them to watch, it was Geo blocked. So I’m expecting the same this year.

I’ve just installed the proton app recommended here, although I have no idea how to use it yet and the last thing I want is to be locked out of all my other things like email and social media.
I have friends in Australia that watch so I just checked with them and they all watch on the ISU YouTube channel. So don’t know if there will be a Proton VPN available that I can set to Australia. Fingers crossed 🤞