Who is back and who is not | Golden Skate

Who is back and who is not

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, based on GP assignments we know that quite a few skaters who skated at the JGP Final or placed well at the Junior Worlds will not be back next season.

Ladies
Moved to seniors
Panenkova, Konstantinova, Samodurova, Yamashita, Kihira, Eun-soo

Some of the main JGPF contenders
Trusova, Kostornaia, Gubanova, Shcherbakova, Vasilieva, Tarakanova, Kanysheva, Sinitsyna

Men
Moved to seniors
Erokhov, Krasnozhon, Rizzo

Anyone who will have at least one good quad.

Pairs
Moved to seniors
Pavliuchenko / Khodykin, Boikova / Kozlovskii, Walsh / Michaud

Kostiukovich / Ialin, Mishina / Galiamov, Kvartalova / Sviatchenko, Atakhanova / Volodin, Panfilova / Rylov, Poluianova / Sopot

Pairs who have split up
Gao Yumeng / Xie Zhong

Ice dance
Moved to seniors
Skoptsova / Aleshin, Shpilevaya / Smirnov, Carreira / Ponomarenko

Ushakova / Nekrasov, Shevchenko / Eremenko, Khudaiberdieva / Nazarov, Konkina / Vakhnov, Lajoie / Lagha, Green / Green

Teams who have split up
Polishchuk / Vakhnov, Konkina / Yakushev

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think it's more likely that Gubanova gets the Rostelecom host spot than does another year in juniors. She can compete more in seniors than she can in juniors, and she'll want to establish herself as a senior skater before the 4A moves up next year.
I think Tarusina will probably get a JGP at least, and due to her consistency, should be a JGPF contender. She didn't fall or pop at all last season as far as I remember, and she's got the interest factor in her 3Lz-1Lo-3F combo.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I think it's more likely that Gubanova gets the Rostelecom host spot than does another year in juniors. She can compete more in seniors than she can in juniors, and she'll want to establish herself as a senior skater before the 4A moves up next year.

I don't think so. On paper she should be one of the main contenders for the 3rd Rostelecom spot but the Fed can't guarantee her anything untill a few weeks before the event and if she waits their decisions she could lose both the JGP season and the GP season. She should take the JGP season and get another medal at the JGP Final. She can obviously skate one or two CS events as well.

I think Tarusina will probably get a JGP at least, and due to her consistency, should be a JGPF contender. She didn't fall or pop at all last season as far as I remember, and she's got the interest factor in her 3Lz-1Lo-3F combo.

She might, she could also be the one who could get the 3rd Rostelecom spot if she doesn't get any JGP events.

There are quite a few contenders who could get the 3rd Rostelecom spot.

Samodurova
Sima
Pogo
Tarusina
Gulyakova
Nugumanova
Mikhailova
Gubanova

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
She should take the JGP season and get another medal at the JGP Final
She's not that sure to get another medal, with Trusova, Kostornaia, Shcherbakova and Tarakanova around, if everyone is healthy.

Aside of that, right now i think and hope, like Spirals, that she is the one that will get the Rostelecom host spot, with Tarusina skate at JGP.

hanca

Record Breaker
Pairs
Moved to seniors
Pavliuchenko / Khodykin, Boikova / Kozlovskii, Walsh / Michaud

Kostiukovich / Ialin, Mishina / Galiamov, Kvartalova / Sviatchenko, Atakhanova / Volodin, Panfilova / Rylov, Poluianova / Sopot

There are a few other pairs that could have strong season. Akhanteva/Kolesov (who seem to be liked by the federaion and get plenty of opportunities), Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov and Labazina/Rakhmanin. Possibly also Vislobokova/Briukhanov, if they get a chance.