Who is going to US Nationals? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Who is going to US Nationals?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Probably should do something like 9 or 9:30 so we can get to the arena in plenty of time. Seems there's plenty of choices downtown.

Gusmom

Rinkside
Didn’t want to join slack until I know I’m going for sure. Which I’ve now figured out depends on finding shared lodging preferably downtown. Is anyone looking to share a room? Priceline still has a decent deal but not sure what kind of room and not sure it’s possible to know ahead of time ;/. Feel free to PM me

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm in for Saturday brunch, and DTF whenever we end up doing it!

skatemore

Rinkside
I'm very excited to be attending my first skating competition - ladies SP and FS only though!

This is also my inaugural post despite many years of learning from the many knowledgeable posters on the site!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm very excited to be attending my first skating competition - ladies SP and FS only though!

This is also my inaugural post despite many years of learning from the many knowledgeable posters on the site!!

Welcome skatemore to Golden Skate. Post often and post long! I hope you'll consider meeting up with us. :) If you would like, PM me your email and I'll add you to the messaging group we're using to stay in contact. However, I'll be updating here too if you are more comfortable checking this thread.

And now updated list:

Mrs. P
apgold
CoyoteChris
Tonichelle
mrrice
noskates
ruffledgrouse
temadd
nguyhm
Hyena
mirai4life
Ravyn Rant
TanithandBenFan
b-man
Arriba627
KatGrace1625
Skating Gator
icejo
Ruffles78
SkateJuipter
Sjs5572
Bookworm
Liz1201
Sloopy
WestVirgina130
sk8addict
patines
Itzme
waxel
ice coverage
skatemore
gravy (?)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
How about during practices. I love watching practices with other fans.

Yes! I plan on being at most of the the practices, I'd love to hang out. I'll be the one with the purple jacket working on my embroidery projects. :agree:

Question: the SAP Center site says no large backpacks, but do you think that means a regular school jansport?

sk8addict

On the Ice
So sorry. I had to miss 2006 due to bacterial Meningitis. last year I got the shagella bacteria in Kansas City and spent the last half of the week in the Hospital. Sick of people telling me not to get sick this year. Sending you healing energy. Hope to see you in Detroit. Damon

temadd

Final Flight
If anyone would like to meet up at the arena during the Sr ladies practice tomorrow, meet me at the top of Section 115 (bottom of 215) at 3:30. I have dark red hair and will be wearing a green scarf.

Lissy

Medalist
I'm so excited the week is finally here!! I, unfortunately, won't be at any events until Friday but I can't wait for the free skates and the exhibition!

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm super pumped to be attending my first competition (and finally de-lurking). I will be arriving just before the Men's SP and will keep an eye on Slack for GS shenanigans.

I'll be that person who is frantically trying to crochet amigurumi versions of the skaters as I get inspired (and we get a reveal of Nathan's costume :luv17: ). So if you see someone popping up for all the Junior Ladies and Men in the senior competition to toss a doll after their performances, that might be me from Section 104 near the back! So far, I have 6 done (ah, so behind!)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm super pumped to be attending my first competition (and finally de-lurking). I will be arriving just before the Men's SP and will keep an eye on Slack for GS shenanigans.

I'll be that person who is frantically trying to crochet amigurumi versions of the skaters as I get inspired (and we get a reveal of Nathan's costume :luv17: ). So if you see someone popping up for all the Junior Ladies and Men in the senior competition to toss a doll after their performances, that might be me from Section 104 near the back! So far, I have 6 done (ah, so behind!)

Welcome to posting at GS!! Post often and post long. Even though I won’t be attending I’d be very happy to read about your experiences and how the crocheting goes.

Here is a link to the live report thread :)
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?68026-2018-US-nats-Experiences-amp-Practice-Reports

Have fun all you lucky GS folks who are attending.

LKR

Rinkside
I will be in San Jose Jan 3-6. Decided to get individual tix as opposed to an all-event because there were good deals on Travelzoo and Stubhub, so my seats are all over the place but generally in sec 116. I'll report here and on my Twitter (@mrusskie93) as much as I can. Hope to meet some of you there!

https://twitter.com/mrusskie93?lang=en

nguyhm

On the Ice
I will be in San Jose Jan 3-6. Decided to get individual tix as opposed to an all-event because there were good deals on Travelzoo and Stubhub, so my seats are all over the place but generally in sec 116. I'll report here and on my Twitter (@mrusskie93) as much as I can. Hope to meet some of you there!

https://twitter.com/mrusskie93?lang=en
I will be in section 116 (row 8) for Senior Ladies and Men Short. Section 117 for all free skates. Hope to meet you in the arena. I will have on a (hot) pink scarf.