Who is going to US Nationals? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Who is going to US Nationals?

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm attending with a friend and Mr. Rant is coming along for the ride, AND we have friends in the area who rarely see us. We're arriving just before the ladies free and leaving right after the free dance. I hope to meet some of you, so I'll be checking the forum for news of meet-ups and will attend if I can.
Is anyone else staying at the Arena? Maybe we'll run across each other in the breakfast room.

LKR

Rinkside
I will be in section 116 (row 8) for Senior Ladies and Men Short. Section 117 for all free skates. Hope to meet you in the arena. I will have on a (hot) pink scarf.
Nice! I'm sec 116 row 7 for ladies free (row 14 for ladies short) and sec 117 row 14 for Men's free. I'm 6'4", so very hard to miss. Hope to meet you!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice! I'm sec 116 row 7 for ladies free (row 14 for ladies short) and sec 117 row 14 for Men's free. I'm 6'4", so very hard to miss. Hope to meet you!

Hey LKR, if you PM me your e-mail (only if you want) you can join our Slack group -- it's a messaging app that is really effective for communication! I'll be posting in here, so if that's not your thing, I'll still be in touch here.

I'm in section 127 row 9 for the Men's Short/Short Dance. I'm in section 126 row 14 for all the free skates.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
To all those attending, have fun! I'll be watching from home.

Gusmom

Rinkside
Just checking one last time to see if anyone is looking for roommate thurs - sun. I decided I wasn’t going to make it work then plane fare changed lol. So looking one last time before they go up again. Thanks.

sandi

Rinkside
Late to the party and longtime lurker.. but I had to reply since it's in my home area! I've only seen SOI and Kristi's Golden Moment so I'm excited to go to my first Nationals tomorrow. I didn't get to go in 2012 since I was a broke college student. Hopefully I'll make it in time for opening ceremonies once I get off work. Planning to go the Friday for Ladies FS... maybe Saturday Mens FS.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Welcome skatemore to Golden Skate. Post often and post long! I hope you'll consider meeting up with us. :) If you would like, PM me your email and I'll add you to the messaging group we're using to stay in contact. However, I'll be updating here too if you are more comfortable checking this thread.

And now updated list:

Mrs. P
apgold
CoyoteChris
Tonichelle
mrrice
noskates
ruffledgrouse
temadd
nguyhm
Hyena
mirai4life
Ravyn Rant
TanithandBenFan
b-man
Arriba627
KatGrace1625
Skating Gator
icejo
Ruffles78
SkateJuipter
Sjs5572
Bookworm
Liz1201
Sloopy
WestVirgina130
sk8addict
patines
Itzme
waxel
ice coverage
skatemore
gravy (?)

OK, I am late to the party and do not post as frequently as I did before - but I will be there for the Ladies & Mens Free Skate. Friday I will be with a friend and Saturday I will be by myself. I may also attend on Sunday for either the Free Dance, Exhibition, or both. Mrs. P - I will PM you with my email address. Although I have been to SOI, COI, and other skating events, this will be my first competition!!

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Hi All - decided very last minute to go to Nationals since I live in the area!
Ladies SP: Section 116, row 12 (with my daughter)
Mens FS: Section 116, row 9 (on my own)
I'm already on Slack so will be checking. Hope to see some of you!

nguyhm

On the Ice
I will be in section 116, row 8 for ladies' short. Will look for you, I think we might have met in Boston (IIRC)
Section 117 for all FS.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Yay! Looking forward to seeing you again!!!

sandi

Rinkside
I'm sitting in Section 120. Row 21, Seat 19 for Opening Ceremonies and Ladies SP. Only found out where after I printed my ticket from Groupon.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I didn't think I could swing it but now it looks as if I may be going to the Men's FS on Saturday!!!! I will take BART & Caltrain. It will be a long journey but worth it!! It will be my first competition. Have only gone to Champions On Ice back in the day.
So happy to see Adam & everyone LIVE!!

Skating Gator

Rinkside
Anyone else feel the earthquake last night around 2:40am? I literally jumped out of bed, my mom told me I must have had a bad dream and to go back to sleep... just looked it up and there was an earthquake. I figured our hotel would be fine but I was left wide awake. Being from the east coast that was my first earthquake.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Anyone else feel the earthquake last night around 2:40am? I literally jumped out of bed, my mom told me I must have had a bad dream and to go back to sleep... just looked it up and there was an earthquake. I figured our hotel would be fine but I was left wide awake. Being from the east coast that was my first earthquake.

Yes! Felt it up north in San Francisco. I talked to my roommate just now to let him know I'd be getting home later than usual because I'll be in San Jose and he ended the call by asking if I felt the earthquake! I legit thought it was just a dream. I woke up confused but immediately went back to sleep without skipping a beat. :laugh: They've become pretty common the years I've been living in California so it wasn't exactly a shock. I know they can be pretty scary for people who've never experienced them before though, like my first earthquake.

Anyway, I hadn't noticed this thread before until just now! I'll be at Nationals for the men's short, women's free, and men's free in the 101-103 sections. I bought them all separately from various sellers so the row/seats change for each event. :) Really excited! Haven't been to a skating competition since 2011 Skate America in Ontario.

Gusmom

Rinkside
The universe sometimes works out -- the flight I would have taken would have left me stuck in this winter Bomb/Cyclone/Snowicane mess we're dealing with here in New England. So at least i get to watch from my warm living room rather than cold airport floor!
Safe travels to all & thank you for the reports!

jam8224

Spectator
Hi, I'm new here!

I'm attending tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday, and I watched the men's short today on TV - it looks like the section that I have tickets to (upper deck, 224) has cloth over it. Are they re-seating people in the lower bowl? Should I have gotten an email or something about this already, or do I just find out at the arena?

Thanks in advance!!!

Skating Gator

Rinkside
Hi, I'm new here!

I'm attending tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday, and I watched the men's short today on TV - it looks like the section that I have tickets to (upper deck, 224) has cloth over it. Are they re-seating people in the lower bowl? Should I have gotten an email or something about this already, or do I just find out at the arena?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi there! They will raise up that curtain for the free skates so you should be fine :) (at least that is what they have done in the past)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I'll be there tonight for the Ladies Free Skate: Section 201. For the Mens Free Skate, I'll be in Section 123. Hope everyone skates lights out!!!

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Silly question, when you are at the arena can you leave your coat on your seat while you go get food ad so forth?