Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 1599 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
May I ask what the Japanese phrase was? I don't have this magazine with me.

I didn't buy the book (again lol) but I think it was "引退は(「引退とか」だったかも?)関係なしに”, sorry if I remember it wrong!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I didn't buy the book (again lol) but I think it was "引退は(「引退とか」だったかも?)関係なしに”, sorry if I remember it wrong!

Heheh. I guess it's pretty much the same as the translation or 'Having nothing to do with' ... Thanks!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Absolutely stunning. (didn't realize the John Wilson account said the exact same thing in the caption! But it is absolutely stunning)

The account linked by them doesn't seem to be the correct one, though? I hope the artist gets the appreciation they deserve.

Yeah, I think a direct link to the twitter would be nice for the artist but I'm sure those who love the artist's work will go the extra step of finding their twitter. Such gorgeous works. :luv17:

suihan

Rinkside
Hi everyone!

I've been a fan of figure skating since last October and it was all because of Yuzu's Requiem of Heaven and Earth EX that won me over, and again with Notte Stellata when I started watching Skate Canada. He pulled me in really deep and now I follow many skaters of all disciplines!

I've always admired his ability to express powerful emotion through his skating. He is truly the epitome of beauty and grace on ice (I've never known another who matched my aesthetic this well!). He makes everything look so effortless that at first, I assumed this was standard among all single skaters. It was not until later when I started understanding how difficult skating elements truly are and how unpredictable results can be that I realized he is actually the ideal every skater aspire to be: one who can deliver perfect performances of magnitude under immense pressure no less.

His headstrong personality, competitive spirit, and strong work ethic for quality skating...I can go on forever to be honest.

I was so fortunate to watch his competitive programs develop through last season. The culmination of his win at Worlds was beyond epic levels of magic!

I look forward to the debut of his upcoming LP and I hope he decides to stick around after the Olympics because I'm greedy for another 2 years or so :p

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hi everyone!

I've been a fan of figure skating since last October and it was all because of Yuzu's Requiem of Heaven and Earth EX that won me over, and again with Notte Stellata when I started watching Skate Canada. He pulled me in really deep and now I follow many skaters of all disciplines!

I've always admired his ability to express powerful emotion through his skating. He is truly the epitome of beauty and grace on ice (I've never known another who matched my aesthetic this well!). He makes everything look so effortless that at first, I assumed this was standard among all single skaters. It was not until later when I started understanding how difficult skating elements truly are and how unpredictable results can be that I realized he is actually the ideal every skater aspire to be: one who can deliver perfect performances of magnitude under immense pressure no less.

His headstrong personality, competitive spirit, and strong work ethic for quality skating...I can go on forever to be honest.

I was so fortunate to watch his competitive programs develop through last season. The culmination of his win at Worlds was beyond epic levels of magic!

I look forward to the debut of his upcoming LP and I hope he decides to stick around after the Olympics because I'm greedy for another 2 years or so :p

Welcome, and thank you for such a beautiful post. I hope you post often here. :thumbsup: These past two season for Yuzu have been so groundbreaking both for him and his personal growth, but also for the Men's skating discipline as well.

https://twitter.com/sendaizaka2018/status/878056611410882560 -some news today, Yuzu's Sochi LP costume was on display at the ANA stockholders meeting.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

suihan

Rinkside
Oh, he's going to Autumn Classic!! That's great news since I regretted not going to Skate Canada last year (it was just one city next to me, shame on me). I'm guessing ticket sales is only first come first served at the venue?

Status
Not open for further replies.