Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 107 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

ankifeather

Final Flight
And according to this blog post, total amount of Yuzuru's donation so far is 1億9722万3303円=197,223,303 yen. I have never heard of Japanese amateur athlete who donates this much.

That is almost USD 2 million of donation just on public records (and he may have donated more anonymously). Hanyu is really an amazing and generous person.

To give the idea, recently there were so many big celebrities like Elton John, Chris Hemsworth etc donating to the Australian bushfires and getting praised in the media for donating amount of USD 700,000 etc. So for Hanyu coming from a niche sport to donate as much as he has to the earthquake is really a lot.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Hello everyone! Long time no see.

I am as a lot of you is worried about the corona virus that is spreading right now. It is extremely dangerous for people with weak lungs. Hanyu has asthma. He's at high risk.

I would like to propose to all the Yuzuru Hanyu fans out there- coming from China or any other part of the world- lets not throw Poohs on the ice! Even if you feel good and have no idea that you've been contaminated- you can spread the virus during the 7-14 days prior to get sick with high fever. So please do not throw any presents on ice, including Poohs. Let's not make those cute toys dangerous for Hanyu of kids those could have been donated! PLEASE BRING a lot of small, medium and huge BANNERS instead!

As per your presents and Poohs- let's throw a huge #PoohTwitterParty during the 4CC! Take a picture of your Pooh, drawing, letter, art, write a message of love and support and post it on Twitter and any other social media that you use with the hashtags #PoohTwitterParty #4ContsFigure ##羽生結弦 #YuzuruHanyu. It would be a safe way to show him your support.

What do you think?

ankifeather

Final Flight
It may be just a system glitch, the length of Seimei is too long under new rules, it will require a large amout of recutting. But I guess we will see.

firal

Record Breaker
It is trending on Japanese twitter for a while now. Guess we will see in a few days!

icetug

Medalist
I really, really hope this is an error, but... if it's what he wants then I hope he skates clean ������

Or... maybe he lost his costumes in laundry :confused:.

Joking apart, whatever he is going to skate, the most important for him is feeling comfortable with the program.

If I can humbly ask however, I'd like his LGC costume to be packed for Korea as well...

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I really hope it's not true. I really like Yuzuru and I like both Seimei and Chopin, but the recycling is beginning to sound a tad obsessive, and I'm concerned that this might hurt his scores in addition to many being disappointed. Maybe he just wants to play it safe with his most successful programs for this one competition.

ankifeather

Final Flight
At least thanks to Nam we finally see fresh Yuzu in who knows how long - and he looks cheerful & radiant in the photo.

http://www.instagram.com/p/B8CwEFGlrlQ/?utm_source=ig_embed

Also there is special TV program om Hanyu tonight for 4CC, so I guess we will find out there what his plans are and whether the Seimei and Chopin are system glitches or not. I recall the last time he went 4CC, the organisers got his detail wrong as from China :drama:

ankifeather

Final Flight
I guess the special TV program tonight is for his insights then. Either way whatever makes him comfortable I am all for. Plus the shorter gala version of Seimei was really cool, so looking forward to it in competition (but we probably won't have the backrolls right?)

yude

Record Breaker
Nam's photos made me happy and composed after the surprising news, thank you, Nam :pray:

I had prepared myself for Yuzuru keeping Origin for the rest of his competitive career, but I had never expected he would bring back Chopin and SEIMEI :laugh: My personal take is that in the next two competitions, he would be testing what he wants to do for the next season. As for repeating the programs, I feel it is not playing the safe, in a way. I feel like it is another challenge of his to see how the judges score him with upgraded layout in these two programs under the new rule (especially in GOE and PCS).

But of course Yuzuru has not spoken a word about this yet and my guess might be totally wrong, so I am looking forward to his comments in Korea :) (I don't expect he will talk about the judges though) I will also try to keep staying calm when I see people bashing him on repeating programs on SNS, because Yuzuru will be calm and focusing on what he aims even if he knows a lot of criticism for him.

Lastly, I won't be surprised if he does Origin next season :biggrin:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzu would have known his decision would create a storm of carping and b*tching and even more of the insane pressure he has to live with...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Oh btw- if the announced news is not about retirement then it could be about him being officially assigned as an Ambassador (?) (same as Medvedeva) for Team Japan at upcoming Olympic Games in Tokio 2020. With maybe some acting in opening and/ or closing ceremonies? You know- SEIMEI music and imagery being used in both ceremonies.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I love both Chopin and Seimei but I still wish he hadn’t done it just because he gets enough negative comments for recycling Otoñal and Origin already :/ he must have a good reason for doing that though. Anyway, can’t wait to see Yuzu skate again so soon!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Ooh, back to Chopin and SEIMEI at least for now, huh? Maybe skating SEIMEI at the gala got him nostalgic for them. No complaints here, I actually thought he'd done the impossible and improved it even more at the gala. I thought at the time that I'd love to see it again in competition, maybe with a 4A, but that would never happen. Maybe it will!? (crossing self, knocking wood)

I have so many intuitions about possible reasons, but as usual, I'm too superstitious to say them. :laugh: As for criticism, bah, if people criticized his hair, should he change that, too? :sarcasm:

GOOD LUCK, YUZU! :cheer:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
On a personal level, I am kind of enjoying this chaotic ride of unpredictability 😅 (though I dread the negative comments towards the recycling)

Imov

Medalist
Maybe Yuzu is just trying to understand the judging criteria now. By doing his WR programs at +/-5, we will see how these two items can push through.
Or maybe he doesn't want to reveal yet improved otonal and origin. lmao.

yude

Record Breaker
On a personal level, I am kind of enjoying this chaotic ride of unpredictability 😅 (though I dread the negative comments towards the recycling)

Me, too :) I've been enjoying reading many comments (reasoning/speculation/analyzing) about his decision by Yuzuru's fans, and I wonder who is going to say "Bingo!" after hearing from him :laugh: