Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Nachi

On the Ice
@TallyT

It worked for me at Olys but at that time I didn't need to get up early during week days. Now I already feel tired at 10 p.m.. I'd fall asleep on my keyboard as well if I tried staying awake xD.

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
It's been some time since i've seen his jumps look this secure. His landings and axis are looking so strong, it's just a world's difference since this time last year. He always jumps with quality, but there's a marathon of distance between this kind of quality and the quality he showed last season. Absolutely breathtaking.

Nachi

On the Ice
I'm nervous! I hope I can fall asleep. To everybody who'll watch Yuzu live: cheer for him even louder ^^! Yuzu ganbatte!

yude

Record Breaker
Some comments from Yuzuru yesterday. After ACI, he has repeated practice for this competition. He was also thinking about training 4A, but he couldn't have enough time because he had to make an adjustment to his substitute skating boots. He brushed up LP etc, and couldn't practice 4A and 4Lz very much. He had a strong feeling that he needed to put 4Lz sooner or higher jumping layout, but now it has been softened and calmed down a little. He thinks Nathan has not given full ability yet.

https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20191026/fgr19102605030003-n1.html

The only complain: hang the cameraman for that horrible angel during step sequence. I have to wait for Japanese broadcast.

firal

Record Breaker
A Happy Yuzuru in the K&C!

Bet he is kuyashii about that combo, but hey nice save! :laugh:

Wondering if he thought the costume ripped or a jewel fell out? Judging by what he was doing right after the finishing pose and he seemed to start telling Brian about it when the camera cuts over to him from the replays. Hope we will find out soon!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
It's wonderful to see him perform like this. He was so close to his world record and it's just the start of the season. :)
Good luck for the FS, Yuzu! I think that the point difference encourages him to try new things for Origin. (4A maybe?)

pianistliz

On the Ice
He looked so focused, calm, and just happy to be there on the ice today. Such a joyful skate. I needn't have been nervous. That not gonna stop me from anxiously counting down the hours till tomorrow's FS though :p

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yuzu did it! I nearly strangled a cushion to death watching but it was glorious! --And did you see that monster Pooh-bear? :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was utterly magical to watch, not only technically and artistically but emotionally.

And he is now - as our Max was quick to point out - the sixth to score over 109.5 (the other five being... him)