Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 81 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Back at undergrad, whenever we had a difficult and intense exam and my two friends were freaking out, I would say to them "After the exam you have the whole eternity to cry, now we don't have time for that."Now, it is not the time to be down or depressed or even be anxious. Please let's all pray to God for Yuzu's health and happiness :pray: and concentrate on all the good deeds that we will do after his win. Let all these purely good intentions lift him up and let him fly :)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist

omg omg omg omg omg. The boi is insane! He's almost around, jeezus! I'm scared!

Yuzu's ankles prayer circle :ghug:

Frightening. But he's made it through one more practice.
I've given up 'hoping' for anything other than Yuzu to make it through the GPF healthy and having made some progress in his own mind about what he needs to do. :ghug: He's crazy. But we knew that already.

He's a warrior and believe me a role model in that :agree:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
DID I JUST SEE A ROTATED QUAD AXEL!? :love:

Yes, I did, and I called my mom and made her pull over and gushed about it on the train. :laugh:

God bless and keep him. Yuzu, stay healthy of course, but YOU DO YOU, YOU QUAD AXEL-ROTATING DOUBLE OLYMPIC CHAMPION! :cheer:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
DID I JUST SEE A ROTATED QUAD AXEL!? :love:

Yes, I did, and I called my mom and made her pull over and gushed about it on the train. :laugh:

God bless and keep him. Yuzu, stay healthy of course, but YOU DO YOU, YOU QUAD AXEL-ROTATING DOUBLE OLYMPIC CHAMPION! :cheer:

I'm so frightened. -But it's amazing.

JuliettaG

On the Ice
That practice was surely a rollercoaster... With the 4a attemps the free layout seems reasonable now😅

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
Oh God I did not want to wake up to news of 4A shenanigans. Some of the pops went higher than the freaking boards! The falls don’t look pretty, but at least he stayed uninjured. I feel like all of that 4A drilling was out of frustration more than anything, he’s smart and knows it isn’t ready to put in yet.

...but will I be buying wine before the FS? You bet I will be.

Nachi

On the Ice
I really hope that Ghislain will be there today! Yuzu needs to calm down. To me he looks very tense with the mindset of "I'll do this," "I'll do that" and he's putting so much weight onto his mind. All these words after Olympics, that he will do all of this for fun now, went up in flames...because he cannot live up to them. I can only imagine how that feels. That you decide one thing but can't live without the other. That if you do something in a competition you want to WIN. Not to win is like an absulute failure. I KNOW that feel. It just so sad for me he feels it and there's nobody to help. There's no advice I can give because he won't read it anyway. I'm just wishing him the best. That's all I can do.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Ok, now I’m VERY worried. I really hope he didn't hurt himself from ‘just practicing’

giulia95

Medalist
I was so honored to witness the majestic 4A live, This boy is a Hero and deserves tons and tons of respect. An official statement from Borser/TCC would be very appreciated, the situation is surreal , to say it politely .

Caustica

Final Flight
All the 4A news has overshadowed everything else, I think, but even before he started attempting 4A I was already worrying about him, because he jumped at 4T3T to _warm up_ and then proceeded to throw one quad out after the other when nobody else had even started jumping anything yet, not even triples. I hope he doesn't tire himself out too much.

... and then of course he started to keep trying 4A, in total he fell on it three times (the others were waxels).

I'm really worried and really hope Ghislain is able to arrive for tomorrow to calm him down.

Azcha

Rinkside
I bet Yuzu needed to release his frustration out.
Now I feel better after him finished the practice session; a clean-FP with 5 quad and 3A-3A feels much safer and more realistic on his birthday.
I will simply enjoy his skating tomorrow. :agree2:

yude

Record Breaker
He has one more practice before FS right? I hope he won't try 4A there :drama: But I have to say I got very excited to see him doing 4A finally. I know we are going to lose our hair, but it is his challenge and only I can do is to pray for his health and success!

And it seems like we're going to see new jumping layout tomorrow and it is also a new challenge for him, whatever the outcome will be, I hope it will be good process to his future :)

khtmyzr

Final Flight
I’m trying to convince myself... maybe this is a new technique in getting rid of the nerves (his, not ours). Treat it like a normal practice day back at tcc so it won’t feel like a competition or something 😩

pianistliz

On the Ice
I'm so shocked/excited/nervous...on one hand, it's so exciting he is practicing 4A in public (without a coach present, even!). I can't believe it. That means he must be landing them in Toronto...oh my gosh. I'm also surprised he would practice it before his FS. Seems risky to me, I would have expected him to wait until gala practice go push himself like that, to reduce risk of injury before the FS. I am concerned about him getting too tense and)or tiring himself out before the FS. I would feel less anxious right now if a coach were with him and he were taking a calmer approach and just trusting his training like in World's 2017. But yeah, maybe he just needed to get mad and go jump like crazy to get the tension and frustration out of his system and/or get himself ready to skate mad and determined in the FS. I don't know if he is being wise right now or if he's in a bad spot. I hope he is being wise and I am praying for his health and FS success tomorrow.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Ahhhhhhhhh, there's so much I want to say about the quad axel thing but am too superstitious. Hopefully some of the "Yuzu can't win" people will change their tune. :biggrin: