Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

I don't think we can have a clear idea of his layout until he performs it. But still, can anyone comment on this new level of craziness? :biggrin: First 4Lo, second 4Lz, but then what happens to the 3Lz? Does he keep it?

Danibellerika

Medalist
I don't think we can have a clear idea of his layout until he performs it. But still, can anyone comment on this new level of craziness? :biggrin: First 4Lo, second 4Lz, but then what happens to the 3Lz? Does he keep it?

I don't think he can without zayaking because he plans to repeat the 3a and the 4T.

Merelhyn

Rinkside
Ghislain confirmed in the Olympic channel interview that tomorrow would probably be a 5-quads layout (and the 4A only for Worlds right now).

JuliettaG

On the Ice
The layout he did today was 4lo 4lz 3lz 4s 4tlo3f 4t3t 3a3a.
It's crazy enough and he does all the combos on the bonus... i want to know how he will adjust the choreo for that.

The layout he did today was 4lo 4lz 3lz 4s 4tlo3f 4t3t 3a3a.
It's crazy enough and he does all the combos on the bonus... i want to know how he will adjust the choreo for that.

Isn't it a zayak? Three jumps are repeated, Lz, T, A.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Borser is not interested in celebrating Yuzu’ birthday 😂 Tomorrow at 7 am there’s the last men Practice , I think all fans here know what to do 🥳🥳🥳

So the fans’ plan is to celebrate Yuzu birthday right after the practice? I won’t be there on time :(

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Could someone more knowledgeable than me break down the chances of Yuzu winning gold if he goes clean? Does he need Nathan to totally implode, or just not be perfect to have a shot? I want him to have a fighting chance (but I also wouldn't want a complete meltdown from Nathan of course).

Skating Scores has laid out the scoring potential of Yuzuru's 5 quad layout :
https://twitter.com/SkatingScores/status/1202973856593534977?s=19

That's the most maximum score with +5GOEs & PCS of 10s. So, even if skated clean, the actual scores should be lower.

I played ard with the app, put +3 GOEs for all jumps, +4 for the other elements, 9.5 PCS and got a score of 222.
I know Yuzuru's 4T & 4S has gotten +4,+5.But the 4 Loop if not mistaken is +2 only, so it evens out.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
They could only have accreditation for one coach and Yuzuru chose Ghislain, so I'm not even sure Brian Orser is coming (and was supposed to come?).

Brian was never supposed to go because he has something else to attend to iirc.

It's not directed at you by any means, but I think therr is no need to stir up gossip. After the Sp in one of the interviews he got asked about Ghislain and he replied talking about Brian and Tracy. They are all part of his team. :yes:

Merelhyn

Rinkside
Brian was never supposed to go because he has something else to attend to iirc.

It's not directed at you by any means, but I think therr is no need to stir up gossip. After the Sp in one of the interviews he got asked about Ghislain and he replied talking about Brian and Tracy. They are all part of his team. :yes:

Yes, sorry if I was not clear, I thought Brian was not supposed to come this time but so many people were asking about him here and elsewhere that I started to doubt ^^

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
The coaching situation is unfortunate and his jump coach to replace Brian has not shown up at the venue yet. There is little time left for today's free skate.

Ella339

On the Ice
What a historic day! I can't wait to see that 4A landed... although the planned content for tomorrow is already quite exciting in itself, haha.

Hope Yuzu will have a brilliant birthday tomorrow. I can't wait!

firal

Record Breaker
In case people are wondering about the delay, Ghislain 's passport was stolen (in Frankfurt? I think) and he had to fly back to Canada again to have replacement ID issued stat.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the 4A reports...I DO know I'll be taking more deep breaths than usual...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
What a historic day! I can't wait to see that 4A landed... although the planned content for tomorrow is already quite exciting in itself, haha.

Hope Yuzu will have a brilliant birthday tomorrow. I can't wait!

Welcome to the forum and the fan thread.
:hap10:

--------

When I saw the news that Briand had made it I was so relieved. -Maybe even more relieved than Yuzu was.
https://twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1203021391064371200?s=20
Passport theft...wow, Amazing that he could get an emergency passport so quickly. At least Yuzu won't be alone at the boards now.

Imov

Medalist
Happy Yuzu day guys.
May the today's free be the best birthday present he will ever receive this year.

yude

Record Breaker
My first word in this morning was "Whaaattt!? Who stole Ghislain's passport!? :gaah:". Seriously, why did it happen at GPF and what is Yuzuru's life :drama: But I am glad to know what was actually going on and think it was great Ghislain arrived before FS. If he were Japanese, I doubt if he could make it. Thank Canada's passport center :thumbsup:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So, it's Yuzu's Birthday today, and no matter what happens, I'm going to celebrate:
-This once in a life time skater who appeared on the scene as one in a sea of talented skaters in Japan
-Struggled to the top through rink closures and natural disasters
-Gave back to his community in every way possible. Supporting his hometown and disaster survivors everywhere.
-Shouldered the immense pressure of expectation, criticism and praise with dignity
-After having won everything, is still aiming higher, to a place only he can see in his mind's eye

Happy Birthday Yuzu. Today is special, because were looking forward to the year with you. :ghug: