Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Azcha

Rinkside
At least, we don't need to worry about accidents on coach; World is in QC, Canada. His coaches can be there in time, for sure!!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think Yuzu's made tremendous personal progress and though I wish he could have skated clean, these are milestones for him that he has accomplished.
The lutz and loop were so perfect today. And the 5 quads ...he just needs the axels in there. -And now I know for sure the 4A is on the way. If Yuzu continues, the 4A will be there, no question.

jd0505

Rinkside
Absolutely beautiful performance!!! It was sad to see him pop the axel at the end and miss the combo, but the 5 quad program is a huge accomplishment. Hope he can keep training that layout, that would be a huge score if he went totally clean!!! Happy birthday, Yuzu!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2020

I have to rant a little bit though, I mean, I am sitting alone crying because I feel like the judges are betraying Yuzu. They pushed his PCS into 2nd place... Why are they pushing him so hard to retire?! Its just so hard to witness! He brought so much to the sport, he married quads and artistry, he pushed himself and others, he brought hundreds of thousands people to the sport! It is thriving thanks to him! How dare they treat a double Olympic champion like some kind of has been!? The i$u has chosen a new ‚king’. Disgusting behavior.

I am just devastated. I Love You Yuzuru. You are the one and only, GOAT and Emperor. There is nobody like you.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
He was so tired at the end...I remember the very young Yuzu running out of energy at the end of the programs, fighting for everything. Thrilling to watch, even when he doesn't win. I think he is not pleased with being at so many points behind Nathan, but this means even more motivation. After all, he likes competition :biggrin:
The 4Lz was fantastic, I guess we're going to see it more often this season.

Happy birthday Yuzu! :peace:

edit: I also don't understand why his PCS are lower this season. He looked tired, that's right, and the final pose was a mess, but what about the SS and TR?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I totally understand the feeling. --This has always been a sport in which the skaters are at the mercy of the judges, and judges are fickle. But no one knows this more than Yuzu. Who has been at the receiving end of these fluctuating scores his entire career.
He won't leave it to the judges to score him as he 'deserves' he will take his fate into his own hands and make it impossible to judge him poorly. That is why he is training the 4A.
I do agree it makes me mad, not only for Yuzu but for all the skaters. Inconsistent judging is the bane of FS.

However, at this moment, I want to celebrate Yuzu's birthday and all that he has accomplished in his 1st day as a 25 year old. I hope he could feel the love from the audience.

pianistliz

On the Ice
I'm just glad he excuted all the 5 quads and finished the program with 2 functioning ankles.

At first I thought he looked like he was in pain after the ending pose, I was really scared there for a minute that he hurt himself and that's why his program started strong but got worse. Don't do that to me, Yuzu!

rogueaxel

Spectator
Congrats to Yuzu on the 5-quad program! It's obvious that he hasn't done enough runthroughs for the layout which is why he ran out of gas at the end, but he will get there! I'm a bit bummed that I didn't see the 3A3Aseq, which has been my fave from the recent Origin runthroughs, but it's ok. What is most important is that he is healthy. I am sure this experience will motivate him further and make him stronger.

And the 100% success rate on the 4Lz was maintained! Another thing to be joyous about.

I wonder if he will keep this layout for future competitions. I have a feeling that he will. Although Ghislain has said that Yuzu will possibly attempt the 4A at the Worlds, I personally would like it more for the 4A debut to happen next season for him to have ample time to perfect and stabilize the jump for competition. The 4A looks very scary at the moment and I will be incredibly worried for his health if he were to hasten his 4A training.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I have to rant a little bit though, I mean, I am sitting alone crying because I feel like the judges are betraying Yuzu. They pushed his PCS into 2nd place... Why are they pushing him so hard to retire?! Its just so hard to witness! He brought so much to the sport, he married quads and artistry, he pushed himself and others, he brought hundreds of thousands people to the sport! It is thriving thanks to him! How dare they treat a double Olympic champion like some kind of has been!? The i$u has chosen a new ‚king’. Disgusting behavior.

I am just devastated. I Love You Yuzuru. You are the one and only, GOAT and Emperor. There is nobody like you.
Agree! I saw his PCS. His GOE also were smaller than usual. I think there should not have been more than 15 points gap between him and Nathan (Yuzuru did several mistakes the day before yesterday and today).
The 43 point gap between him and Nathan is absurd. No more than 15 points gap I say! And just because of Yuzu mistakes which were not that big. He is so amazing!!!

mchchiu

Rinkside

May I rant as well? I was sitting there dumbstruck through Nathan's program because I was still in shock over how low Yuzu's GOE's and PCS were... the level of disrespect and just dismissal that I feel from these professionals in the industry... I haven't seen the like in any other sport. The amount of blood sweat and tears he pours into his programs and his ART should merit at least a nod of appreciation from judges and panelists? I don't know. I'm just kind of mind blown. I hate to make comparisons, but honestly, the difference in reward between when Yuzu skates a beautiful, clean program, and when someone else does it... I like the other skaters too. I don't wish them ill. I just cry for Yuzu inside. :sad21:

mchchiu

Rinkside
Depressing thoughts aside, I loved his intensity and focus for this Origin. I could almost hear him concentrating and counting points in his head. That's how much he gives to this sport. I hope he is proud of himself for the fight that he gave. As his fan I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am to live in the era of Yuzuru Hanyu. Happy birthday GOAT! :love::yahoo:

kiches

Final Flight
Happy 25th birthday Yuzu, I was amazed by your free skate today even with the pop at the end. The sport doesn’t deserve you and what you bring to it. Amazing first 5 quad free skate

I have to say the ability to change your whole layout and put forth sth that you have not tried before is awesome :eeking: He is phenomenal.

In my opinion we will see 4A in SP in worlds. He has lost to Nathan last two times in the SP which puts an enormous pressure on him during FS. He can't play SP safe anymore.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2020

I respect all skaters and everything they do. I just can’t stand the ridiculous judging anymore. It makes me literally sick. The points gap was just so absurd I still can’t quite process it. I was easily expecting at least 205 for his free...

Anyway, I am very Happy Yuzu landed a Gorgeous 4Lo and stunning 4Lz in his program. Couldn’t have chosen a better day to do so than his birthday [emoji4] I will just try to focus on that. And he is a double Olympic Champion and No judge will ever take it away.
Also he just said at the press con that he wishes Javi still competed and my poor heart broke [emoji24]

Love You Yuzu ❤️

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
It’s really nice that Briand is at his side or else I don’t know what crazy things he should’ve done and worst he might’ve injured himself. Beside TCC-Jumps are more of quality than the quantity and thatÂ’s what it should be. Now that our Yuzuru can do 4lo and 4lz without a problem I think we might see 4A sooner...WC maybe?

liv

Record Breaker
I understood has answer about Nationals to be that if he felt really, really good he might try the 4axel.. I much prefer he try the lutz!!