Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I suppose that the announcement of the live viewing in 39 Japanese cinema theatres of the May 29th show met a great success, because the June 5th show will be live broadcast in 90 Japanese cinema theatres. There will be a lottery too, the winners being allowed to buy tickets. It seems that even people who got a ticket for a seat at a rink for a show, are willing to watch the show of another day, from a cinema.
https://liveviewing.jp/faoi-2022/

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The May 29th and June 5th shows will also be broadcast on Japanese TV, and it seems that it will be accessible from many countries abroad, for a pay of course. Here are the two providers available :

icetug

Medalist
Yuzu's interview before first FoI show:
English translation:

I'm so excited! Hope I can watch the broadcast on the 29th...

Magill

Record Breaker
Here comes more of a good thing

So after revealing the "Masquerade" and having been blinded by the "Blinding Lights" Yuzuru now shows us his "Real Face" ;) I cannot wait to see the whole thing. He is probably the only skater I really wait to see in shows as his show programs are so unique and spectacular.
The paper cup moment is already on its way to become iconic :clap:

Magill

Record Breaker
One more version, this time on YT...

And lyrics translation I have found and am linking for those interested but - like me - not speaking Japanese... (scroll down past the Japanese transliteration until you come to the English version). If anyone here speaks Japanese please let us know if this translation is any good ...

yugra

Rinkside
Country
Hungary
Hanyu's new EX "Real Face". Wow the intensity, speed and power!

Yes, it's a great performance: so much emotions, so expressively!
He's like a flash of lightning. It's really breathtaking!

And day 3.

It seems a bit reckless. But I like his striving for perfection.
I hope his ankle is OK.

ETA: " I always want to live on the edge " - really suits him.

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yes, it's a great performance: so much emotions, so expressively!
He's like a flash of lightning. It's really breathtaking!

And day 3.

It seems a bit reckless. But I like his striving for perfection.
I hope his ankle is OK.

ETA: " I always want to live on the edge " - really suits him.

I love this 4T+3A+2T+1Lo+1Lo+1Lo sequence!

Also, there was a minor earthquake, I didn't understand when, and he lost his bracelet when throwing the paper cup, the public didn't see it but the staff found it under a chair when the public stood up.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Tomorrow (8:40 in France, I don't remember time conversions) there will be a broadcast rehearsal before FaOI's Nagoya stop. I don't know if there will be any live streaming, I hope we will get at least some little bits later.

Natashajane

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Also, there was a minor earthquake, I didn't understand when, and he lost his bracelet when throwing the paper cup, the public didn't see it but the staff found it under a chair when the public stood up.
Remember when all those annoying messages popped up across the screen in the live broadcast on Makuhari Day 3? The earthquake was just before that.