Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

Magill

Record Breaker
Tsukinomiya translated the lyrics of Raison d'Être, the song on which Yuzuru Hanyu skates his new exhibition program (choreographed by David Wilson):

Thank you! I really appreciate understanding the lyrics as I feel they form an important part of his whole acts but not speaking Japanese we need to rely on some good souls to help.... Thank you so much again, gassho!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Thank you! I really appreciate understanding the lyrics as I feel they form an important part of his whole acts but not speaking Japanese we need to rely on some good souls to help.... Thank you so much again, gassho!
In Real Face they're rather straightforward and he gives a more literal interpretation, including the paper cup to mimic the rain.
Raison d'Être lyrics are more enigmatic and can have many interpretations; it seems that at least one of these interpretations, after which Yuzuru Hanyu skates, is about keeping one's integrity while attacked by evil (I understand evil as corruption in figure skating), with his costume inspired by Demon Slayer, a game he is said to like, where a demon slayer bite by a demon becomes gradually purple around the wound. (I don't know the game, I'm just repeating, maybe inaccurately.)

ankifeather

Final Flight

Full video of Raison and interview!

It's a brilliant exhibition; very creative, edgy and different to what he or any other skaters have done before. And he contributed a lot of the choreography to the foundation David laid.

Yuzu's guitar solo to the opening song and the solo segment to Turandot at the end are equally to die for though. That Y-spiral, my goodness!

yugra

Rinkside
Country
Hungary
He was so expressive today.

also
Mr. Hanyu's short interview on the TV (S-Park) in English translation by "Axel with Wings"
(anyway, I like it when he is called "Mister" - for whatever reason it may occur).

Official website and YouTube link -- [ENG SUB] 4 months since Beijing (S-Park) featuring Yuzuru Hanyu – 20220618

Yuzuru Hanyu: Even if it is an ice show, I would like everyone to always feel the tension of the sport (of figure skating) through Yuzuru Hanyu's figure skating.

Yes, you're doing great.
..against all odds..

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker

Full video of Raison and interview!
It's a brilliant exhibition; very creative, edgy and different to what he or any other skaters have done before. And he contributed a lot of the choreography to the foundation David laid.

Yuzu's guitar solo to the opening song and the solo segment to Turandot at the end are equally to die for though. That Y-spiral, my goodness!

He was so expressive today.

also
Mr. Hanyu's short interview on the TV (S-Park) in English translation by "Axel with Wings"
(anyway, I like it when he is called "Mister" - for whatever reason it may occur).
Yes, you're doing great.
..against all odds..

Wow, he's just amazing, isn't he? Waiting so long to see the full versions was frustrating but what a treat when finally released!
I really love his show programs like no others! I have a feeling he really gives it all so freely then, with no requirements, limitations and pressure of the competitions, to the audiences that love him and he's fully aware of it and wants to give back So we get things of just an amazing, amazing beauty, true works of art.
Thank you to you all for sharing!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Side-by-side, part of Raison in Kobe (D3?) and in Shizuoka D3:

He puts so much thought on the very least details to achieve perfection!

Here's a HD video of Raison (Shizuoka D3 I believe):