2015 Canadian Nationals Men's SP Jan 23 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Nationals Men's SP Jan 23

gottadance

On the Ice
Yes, he's young. I believe a year younger than Nam. Made the JGP Final this past year. He's very talented, still needs to develop some harder jumps though.

don't forget he had a really bad injury ( ankle if I remember correctly 0 about 18 months ago and essentially missed almost a whole season so he is in catch up mode as far as the big jumps - but once he gets a bit stronger he will be the " real deal " because he has fabulous skating skills , great lines and musicality -something the international judges will appreciate I think?!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going to take some time to look for video of Roman.

Thanks for the information!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm just checking on the SP result, and oh my...what happened to you, Kevin?:unsure:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I've been a Kevin fan for years, and it's heartbreaking to hear this news.
Cheerknithanson, you should go back and watch Kevin's 4CC win from 2 years ago, Kevin beat Yuzuru with 5 amazing quads. That will cheer you up a bit.
Congrats to Nam on another steady performance in the SP. His consistency is amazing.
There are a lot of areas for him to work on still, but he has a spark and a connection to his music and a will to please the audience. All these things bode well for the future.
Did you guys notice his tissue case? Poor Orser, having to hold all these ridiculous tissue cases for his skaters. :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been a Kevin fan for years, and it's heartbreaking to hear this news.
Cheerknithanson, you should go back and watch Kevin's 4CC win from 2 years ago, Kevin beat Yuzuru with 5 amazing quads. That will cheer you up a bit.
Congrats to Nam on another steady performance in the SP. His consistency is amazing.
There are a lot of areas for him to work on still, but he has a spark and a connection to his music and a will to please the audience. All these things bode well for the future.
Did you guys notice his tissue case? Poor Orser, having to hold all these ridiculous tissue cases for his skaters. :biggrin:

I'm going to watch the Team event FP of his (One of my friends gave me a link to a googledox she made of it because she's Canadian and I'm American.).

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just saw that as well. Poor guy. I wonder what he plans to do from here.

I feel like I'm living a nightmare.

Hopefully it's to get more training done for next season. On the bright side, he get back to more consistent training and it's the first of 4 season of the 2018 Olympic cycle.

I feel like...well it feels like I took a type of drug that is making me have a living nightmare.

sses1

On the Ice
I don't get it, is he injured? If not, then why is he withdrawing? If he can't even handle the pressure of competing then he should just retire. . .

makaihime

Final Flight

Hopefully it's to get more training done for next season. On the bright side, he get back to more consistent training and it's the first of 4 season of the 2018 Olympic cycle.

I feel like...well it feels like I took a type of drug that is making me have a living nightmare.

:agree:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

That´s the spirit, look at the bight side of life :D

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't get it, is he injured? If not, then why is he withdrawing? If he can't even handle the pressure of competing then he should just retire. . .

REALLY?! That's what you're saying?

That was mean.

He only had 4-5 weeks of solid training before this. The reason was an ankle sprain as a result of the boots. Seriously. That's not a lot of time. He finally have gotten boots that he feels fits.

Give him a break.....

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

I think you áre being harsh, he comes from a dissapointing season, must have been hearthbreaking to perform the way he did when he thought he had the solution

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think the boot problems are a valid reason for withdrawal. I'm wondering if maybe he will decide to seek additional coaching after this, even if he stays with McLeod (unless he already has sought additional coaching recently, I'm personally not sure).