Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 119 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hmmh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3voqoYk20
I just watched clips of Ruslan last year, and he's really grown into a man in such a short time-frame. He was an adorable, effervescent peacock then, but his presentation skills and even physical aesthetics definitely have lot more weight now.

A beautiful girl can have that effect on a guy. :yes:

Alba

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols- please correct me if Im wrong- they scored the highest in the SD with a 7.8, tying with C/L (which I dont mind since C/L have fabulous twizzles as well).

I do mind actually. I&Z change direction for the second set of twizzles in one foot. C&L put the foot down, then a push, and into the second set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWa1IY_4pjs
Tying? :frown: To quote bram:laugh:: Puhlease! :rolleye:

I just watched clips of Ruslan last year, and he's really grown into a man in such a short time-frame. He was an adorable, effervescent peacock then, but his presentation skills and even physical aesthetics definitely have lot more weight now.

I agree. :yes:

turgon97

On the Ice
I do mind actually. I&Z change direction for the second set of twizzles in one foot. C&L put the foot down, then a push, and into the second set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWa1IY_4pjs
Tying? :frown: To quote bram:laugh:: Puhlease! :rolleye:

AHAHAHA! :laugh2::laugh2: I love the 'tude! Youre italian- arent you supposed to give C/L more love?
And I get what you mean. However, they do make their easier twizzles look pretty impressive. That and their SD rotational lift are the only things I like about C/L

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
ahahahaha!!! I get what you mean. However, they do make their easier twizzles look pretty impressive. That and their SD rotational lift are the only things I like about C/L

Yeah, the rotational lift is very good. Not impressed with twizzles, but yes, they are much better than the other top teams for sure.

Tanka

On the Ice

I watches their FD as well, and I adored the lifts. I/Z still have a long way to go. (But if there were any medal for the best progress, there wouldn't be any other candidates for it.)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think I/Z will be more motivated. Just hope that they will take time to rest before WC.
And S/B's comment about being Russian no.1 just irks me. They have learned so much from Tat.

turgon97

On the Ice
I watches their FD as well, and I adored the lifts. I/Z still have a long way to go. (But if there were any medal for the best progress, there wouldn't be any other candidates for it.)

I think theyre just getting used to eachother's bodies, natural movements and how they tik; and once they improve comfort and synergy with eachother, they can graduate to better lifts. If a less muscular Ruslan (than now) a year ago could do more complicated lifts with a curvier, taller Vika, there is no reason why Ruslan couldn't physically do more impressive lifts in the coming season with Elena. They just need a little bit more time.

In regards to partnerships boasting great lifts where the male is on the slight slide, Ive come to respect what Hawayek and Baker have to offer.

turgon97

On the Ice
And S/B's comment about being Russian no.1 just irks me. They have learned so much from Tat.

:laugh2::laugh2: #1 Russians via winning by 1 point because Ruslena lost 7 points in a bailed element? lol :scratch:. Theyre really something

Last edited:

Marta25

Medalist
:laugh2::laugh2: #1 Russians via winning by 1 point because Ruslena lost 7 points in a bailed element? lol :scratch:. Theyre really something

I think that medal and TAT`s politicking for them is really getting to their heads. #1 in Russia? Are they kidding? This medal was pure luck and I/Z are much more talented skaters than them.

turgon97

On the Ice
I think that medal and TAT`s politicking for them is really getting to their heads. #1 in Russia? Are they kidding? This medal was pure luck and I/Z are much more talented skaters than them.

One benefit of their politiking: they were finally able to get the level 4's on those twizzles.
I guess theyre getting carried away with future campaigns.

bramweld

Record Breaker

That's because that's what they're being told by their FED I believe not only the TAT. I truly believe in the beginning no one especially TAT was interested in Ruslena. Something about her incessant dislike of Ruslan. They were professionals of course coming to practices to save face, but it was primarily their team and Antonio Najarro, bless his efforts, that really showed off this team. So I'm praying the work they have done will increase the interest of other equally competent choreographers in working with them.

Alba

Record Breaker
That's because that's what they're being told by their FED I believe not only the TAT.

I don't believe that for a second. The FED have supported these two and they followed them from the start. They know which couple is better, don't worry about it. ;)

Last edited:

Marta25

Medalist
I think if RSF favors S/B over I/Z, they would have given them a push at Nationals to at least win over M/K. Right now, the FED seems more in the wait-and-see mode. They are going to support the couple, that has the best shot to win the OGM in 2018. The international judges seem to clearly favor I/Z over any other Russian couple, so I think they have a good shot to be #1 in the future.

alithia

Final Flight
I'm seriously sick of conspiracty theories and drama. There is no drama around IZ,really, maybe that's why people get bored.I , for once, am very happy they are not 'soap opera' stars but real skaters, I appreciate them even more for that.

Of course I'll keep on saying it, just because IZ have on part of IK this doesn't mean they are them and fans should keep creating stories, I had my share over other sites, and really felt sick at some point.

I/Z, first of all need to be healthy, and what they are they already showed it, topped I/K's score at Euros in less than 9 months together.I know not everyone likes this but this is the truth. They are people who are gonna be great champions and not some kids that are unwanted by anyone.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
They were professionals of course coming to practices to save face, .

Um what is your proof that they were doing it to save face? Or is this another fanfiction invented by your head? The federation officials (excluding TAT) when interviewed were nothing but complimentary. Nagornikh said he was happy with their progress. Julia Andreeva, one of the judges, thought right off the bat they'd be doing well.

Last edited:

Marta25

Medalist
Well, let`s go back to I/Z. I hope they keep doing what they did the last months and just focus on their training. I think without that mistake on the lift, they could have gotten a score around 100. Their SD is absolutely perfect and who knows, maybe they could even win that portion of the competition at Worlds. That TES score was huge here and the best of the season for any couple.

chameleon

On the Ice
Based on how many level 4s they got even with the stumbles and errors, I think they would have been around 102 or 103. Had they skated completely clean, I wouldn't have been surprised if their TES was enough for silver. Their step sequences are amazingly high quality. I don't think them winning the SD at Worlds is entirely out of the question. Depending on what scores Chock/Bates and Weaver/Poje get at 4CC, winning is possible, and top 3 is too. Really, I'm just happy that they seem to be headed for a top 5 finish. Based on their euros SD score, I think they can beat C/L for a 4th place.