Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Marta25

Medalist
Based on how many level 4s they got even with the stumbles and errors, I think they would have been around 102 or 103. Had they skated completely clean, I wouldn't have been surprised if their TES was enough for silver. Their step sequences are amazingly high quality. I don't think them winning the SD at Worlds is entirely out of the question. Depending on what scores Chock/Bates and Weaver/Poje get at 4CC, winning is possible, and top 3 is too. Really, I'm just happy that they seem to be headed for a top 5 finish. Based on their euros SD score, I think they can beat C/L for a 4th place.

I think C/B`s World medal isn`t as secure as many think. It`s weird, at the beginning of the season, it looked like they would surpass W/P, but somehow C/B didn`t manage to bring their programs to the next level. Right now, it looks like the World title is between W/P and P/C. The run for the bronze medal is quiet open and I/Z have a chance, if they nail both their programs.

chameleon

On the Ice
I think C/B`s World medal isn`t as secure as many think. It`s weird, at the beginning of the season, it looked like they would surpass W/P, but somehow C/B didn`t manage to bring their programs to the next level. Right now, it looks like the World title is between W/P and P/C. The run for the bronze medal is quiet open and I/Z have a chance, if they nail both their programs.
I"m waiting to see C/B's 4CC scores before I say their world medal is secure or not. If they're closeish to W/P, I think they're safe. However, if their scores are closer to what C/L got at Euros... the door may be open for ruslena. I/Z seem to be more favored by the judges and have vastly superior skating skills. I currently see I/Z as a contender with an outside shot at bronze, but I don't think it would take many errors for I/Z to sneak onto the podium.

What's really crazy is that we're talking about their chances at getting a world medal, and we're not saying things like "Well, 8 teams could come down with the plague" or something. That they're already medal contenders says a lot, and if they aren't on the podium this year, I expect them to be next year.

Marta25

Medalist
I"m waiting to see C/B's 4CC scores before I say their world medal is secure or not. If they're closeish to W/P, I think they're safe. However, if their scores are closer to what C/L got at Euros... the door may be open for ruslena. I/Z seem to be more favored by the judges and have vastly superior skating skills. I currently see I/Z as a contender with an outside shot at bronze, but I don't think it would take many errors for I/Z to sneak onto the podium.

What's really crazy is that we're talking about their chances at getting a world medal, and we're not saying things like "Well, 8 teams could come down with the plague" or something. That they're already medal contenders says a lot, and if they aren't on the podium this year, I expect them to be next year.

Yeah, it is insane. When I heard that they teamed up, I just hoped that they could qualify for the Euro`s and World`s team, next to B/S and S/K. Who would have thought that they would go into these competitions as reigning National Champion and challenge for a medal.

chameleon

On the Ice
I think for WTT the country selects who they want to go. But sometimes the top skaters/team skip because they want to get back to training or whatever.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Score and ranking in WTT also count, don't they? I think if they do well at WC they might go for WTT as well. Not to mention price money is huge. WTT might be tiring but they pay very well.

alithia

Final Flight
Well, I think there's much drama drama around them, I mean, they chose to skate together. That's drama enought to build a soap opera around that fact alone. Elena is obviously a drama queen in a good way and Ruslan is portraying the perfect prince charming right now. Not enough drama? :shocked:

You know what I mean by drama, they're not the projection of IK ( who most of these people discovered in Sochi and were mostly interested in their off ice lives and if they will have skating babies born with their skates on).I prefer them 100 times to IK to be honest. But , in general, we agree.People love drama anyway. It's just annoying they tend to only care about the 'drama' and would love a person to skate through pain so that they will make gifs afterwards.Don't get me wrong I love gifs:laugh2:

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
You know what I mean by drama, they're not the projection of IK ( who most of these people discovered in Sochi and were mostly interested in their off ice lives and if they will have skating babies born with their skates on).I prefer them 100 times to IK to be honest. But , in general, we agree.People love drama anyway. It's just annoying they tend to only care about the 'drama' and would love a person to skate through pain so that they will make gifs afterwards.Don't get me wrong I love gifs:laugh2:
Well put!

uhh

Medalist
Oh hopefully.. I don't know how qualifications work? But it would be cool if they could go.

Countries that qualify (based on accumulated world ranking points & SB scores & Russia ALWAYS make it) are supposed to send whoever of their skaters finish highest at Worlds, but it's quite easy for skaters to say they want to skip and then the Fed can pretty much assign it to whoever - Amodio went in 2009 for France & he hadn't even been at Worlds, he'd been competing junior that year. I'd love to see Ruslena there, but also I think given how much work they've had to do this year & how much they'll still need to work for next year, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they didn't go & had a break instead.

I second this. Can anyone enlighten us, please? Thanks.

I don't know about Margalio, I think that was covered in the SD thread itself, but I walked past Scali after the SD and he was complaining about the difference in scores between I/Z & C/L. Although I suppose it is only natural that he would be supporting his countrymen.

Marta25

Medalist
I don't know about Margalio, I think that was covered in the SD thread itself, but I walked past Scali after the SD and he was complaining about the difference in scores between I/Z & C/L. Although I suppose it is only natural that he would be supporting his countrymen.

Well, he should get used to it, because C/L won`t be able to defend their position against Ruslena for long. I hope that I/Z will go to WTT, the prize money is great, so why not? Honestly, I used to watch the italian commentary in past years and it`s always the same with them. It`s always about the bad Russians or French that are stealing their medals, nevermind that C/L have still, after all these years, technical issues.

LisaM

Medalist
Countries that qualify (based on accumulated world ranking points & SB scores & Russia ALWAYS make it) are supposed to send whoever of their skaters finish highest at Worlds, but it's quite easy for skaters to say they want to skip and then the Fed can pretty much assign it to whoever - Amodio went in 2009 for France & he hadn't even been at Worlds, he'd been competing junior that year. I'd love to see Ruslena there, but also I think given how much work they've had to do this year & how much they'll still need to work for next year, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they didn't go & had a break instead.

Is it possible to send someone who hasn't been able to get the TES minimum? (So I want to ask, could they send S/K if they want to?)