2015 World Pairs Free Skate March 26 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2015 World Pairs Free Skate March 26

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I just love that Pang/Tong say a goodbye to figure skating fans with a medal in their final competition.

Sackie

Medalist
So glad for Meagan and Eric that they won the title. Not the skate they wanted I am sure but enough to get the job done. But this was probably a lot closer then they expected so it might be time for them to take the title and run. They always seem to falter just a bit in the free skates at worlds. This year it worked out OK but not sure it will again - not with other teams catching up to them in TES. That was the one area that kept them above the rest.
I think if they plan to hang around for the next Olympics they might be out of luck. Can't see them hanging on to top spot that long and in fact not even sure there won't be a few other teams passing them by. And it looks like Seguin/Bilodeau can do a good job of representing Canada over the next few years. Especially once they start only preparing SR programs.

wallylutz

Medalist
Sui/Han beat D/R in TES! I'm already excited for how pairs will shape up next year.

Consistency is key in this sport and Sui/Han have yet proven they can pull off reliable performances in every competition. The technical scores here are materially tied between the 1st and 2nd place but I suppose that will give some people here, who obviously can't stand D/R, a convenient excuse to go on and on about it for the next few days.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Oh I liked it alot, I just think it was sooooooooooooooooo Sturm und Drang. Maybe some Debussey next time? It definitely is a stretcher--and really there are moments in it that were just, to use a Dick Button word, exquisite. They've got the goods for sure.

I'm just glad that the first gay man to come out as an active skater is now a World Champion--in the very same year no less. See, good things happen when you come out. :) And really skating powers that be, the fact that it turned out to be a non-event should clue you in to the fact that it is not 1955 anymore. At least one would hope.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Classy interview with D/R: They say they decided to keep skating for themselves. And they had such nice words for P/T (their idols) and S/H (best of the night??).

Absolutely. I thought Eric gave a VERY gracious answer to a question that was less than gracious.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
So glad for Meagan and Eric that they won the title. Not the skate they wanted I am sure but enough to get the job done. But this was probably a lot closer then they expected so it might be time for them to take the title and run. They always seem to falter just a bit in the free skates at worlds. This year it worked out OK but not sure it will again - not with other teams catching up to them in TES. That was the one area that kept them above the rest.
I think if they plan to hang around for the next Olympics they might be out of luck. Can't see them hanging on to top spot that long and in fact not even sure there won't be a few other teams passing them by. And it looks like Seguin/Bilodeau can do a good job of representing Canada over the next few years. Especially once they start only preparing SR programs.

Yeah, considering they were competing as juniors in the fall and Seguin was actually still doing singles too, they've done extraordinarily well here at Worlds. It will be very interesting to see what they do next year when they're both focused just on pairs and just as seniors.

Though I think D/R should hang around for at least one or two more seasons. If they keep their tech and consistency up they should still be in the fight for the podium. S/B are still young and might struggle if suddenly they're the top Canadian pair and expected to produce the results and help keep the 3 World spots.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm just glad that the first gay man to come out as an active skater is now a World Champion--in the very same year no less. See, good things happen when you come out. :) And really skating powers that be, the fact that it turned out to be a non-event should clue you in to the fact that it is not 1955 anymore. At least one would hope.

Progress is a beautiful thing! :cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I slept in. Sounds like I have some performances to catch up with later!

lady_bee

Medalist
I LOVE D/R... CONGRATS... and PLEASE.... RESPECT THAT!!!

I do!
Even thogh I was emotionaly rooting for Kavauchi/Smirnov,
I admire D/R very much.

Actually, I love watching D/R, P/T, and K/S, almost equaly,
because I admire Meagan, Quin, and Yuko.
They are very different each other, but all of them are so determined.
My respect for all of them:bow:( and their partners.)

RAdrian

Spectator
I'm glad that Pang and Tong got a fairy tale ending to their illustrious competitive career.

With them finally retiring, the 6.0 era has really come to an end. Are there any eligible skaters left who competed under the old scoring system?