2015 JGP Colorado Springs Ladies FS Sep 5

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
looking at the protocols, awesome for nahyun to finally ratify that 3lo-3lo

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
i wonder too
maybe ashley shin could've competed here...she is training with kori, right?

She is not on the USFSA's international selection pool list so she could not have. Tyler Pierce is young enough and trains with Koro, but I think she is focusing on senior. She is also at Golden West currently along with Ashely Shin and Christina Cleveland from team Koro. It is her home club's competition, so maybe it was important to her to go to that one.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
She is not on the USFSA's international selection pool list so she could not have. Tyler Pierce is young enough and trains with Koro, but I think she is focusing on senior. She is also at Golden West currently along with Ashely Shin and Christina Cleveland from team Koro. It is her home club's competition, so maybe it was important to her to go to that one.

ahh I see. thanks for the head's up!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Vivian is a classic over-jumper similar to a Bebe Liang, Gabrielle Daleman, Courtney Hicks...she's a monster powerhouse jump who lacks a lot of control. She jumps big but she's wild. She often jumps so high on that first lutz that she loses all flow and can barely eek out the second jump in her combo. I don't want to see a Gracie Gold situation where someone slows her all the way down and her jumps lose their explosiveness, but someone does need to rein her in enough to where she can control the jump.

Also, someone needs to work on her facial expressions. She's always stuck on this one kinda manic smile regardless of the music playing...it's almost a little creepy:unsure:. Lol!

She's an amazing skater (great speed, huge jumps, lovely spins) but she needs some control and refinement...and competitive focus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
What weird funny medals? All the same colour? I didn't know ISU is that short of funding these days.

bluelutz

On the Ice
She still has the highest bronze score, so that's something? (although any 4+1 and 2+3, and so on are all going over her...)

Nope, she really had to win this to go to the final.
Last year, girls who finished like 1-1,1-2,2-2 & 1-4 were qualified.
As Vivian's last placement was 3rd, she had to win this.

Like last year, this year's final will consist only Russian and Japanese girls
unless Dabin wins her next one which I do not think will happen.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Vivian is a classic over-jumper similar to a Bebe Liang, Gabrielle Daleman, Courtney Hicks...she's a monster powerhouse jump who lacks a lot of control. She jumps big but she's wild. She often jumps so high on that first lutz that she loses all flow and can barely eek out the second jump in her combo. I don't want to see a Gracie Gold situation where someone slows her all the way down and her jumps lose their explosiveness, but someone does need to rein her in enough to where she can control the jump.

Also, someone needs to work on her facial expressions. She's always stuck on this one kinda manic smile regardless of the music playing...it's almost a little creepy:unsure:. Lol!

She's an amazing skater (great speed, huge jumps, lovely spins) but she needs some control and refinement...and competitive focus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Facial expression wise, she is no worse than Miyahara.

andyjo24

Medalist

HAHAHAAH. I noticed that creep smile too!!

But yeah, she needs to work on her expressions. I do like her SS, speed, and overall bounciness though.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What did you base it on? Just curious... i have never seen these 2 before, glad I did. Very impressed. Wow with Yuna AoKi, it is going to be funny to find so many Japanese goes "Gooo Yuna!"

I checked her up a little before this comp and watched her warm-up very closely, I like her flip (her flip and 3S-3LO in warm-up totally wowed me) and very solid basic skills. Also her seemly happy_go_ lucky personality. And she is a Yuna.:biggrin::cool:

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Shiraiwa wasn't assigned to another JGP event so far, I guess she will be in Croatia then.

andyjo24

Medalist
I checked her up a little before this comp and watched her warm-up very closely, I like her flip (her flip and 3S-3LO in warm-up totally wowed me) and very solid basic skills. Also her seemly happy_go_ lucky personality. And she is a Yuna.:biggrin::cool:

Too bad she has edge issues with her 3F. Her 3S-3Lo was massive though!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nope, she really had to win this to go to the final.
Last year, girls who finished like 1-1,1-2,2-2 & 1-4 were qualified.
As Vivian's last placement was 3rd, she had to win this.

Like last year, this year's final will consist only Russian and Japanese girls
unless Dabin wins her next one which I do not think will happen.

I agree that Vivian, while not mathematically out for sure, is out based on previous scores needed for qualifying.

But regarding the Russian/Japanese girls final, I'll be interested to see how USA's Bradie Tennell does next week to play spoiler to that.