2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 100 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think Sui/Han SP is so far the best pairs SP for me at least

I totally agree...they look more mature, more sophisticated, just MORE in all aspects in this SP. The music cuts - I was not into them at first, but after rewatching the program several times the music grew in me. The placement of tech elements in this SP is just amazing and step sequence is out of this world for me. Ending - fabulous and dramatic. They really stepped it up in that SP - it has musicality, great connection, elements and I believe them selling this program - they are both delicate and dramatic at the same time. and Sui's a diva with such great personality on and off ice...

Their LP looks also promising - hopefully they'll polish all transitions and solo jumps, but that 4S throw, spins and twist were AMAZING in Chinese national GP competition.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Any news about Denis Ten's programs?

From Denis's twitter page:

To compete or to complete? What if I try both. A story is a complete product — it has a start, it has an end. A plot itself is hidden in between and it is what makes the actual story. To come up with it is one thing, to realize - another, to deliver it - truly a challenge. But how to fit a story in 2:50 or 4:40? I found a solution once... In 2013. Was being an "Artist" back then. This time, it's a bit more personal. What the heck do I mean? You'll see and hopefully understand. :)

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania

To compete or to complete? What if I try both. A story is a complete product — it has a start, it has an end. A plot itself is hidden in between and it is what makes the actual story. To come up with it is one thing, to realize - another, to deliver it - truly a challenge. But how to fit a story in 2:50 or 4:40? I found a solution once... In 2013. Was being an "Artist" back then. This time, it's a bit more personal. What the heck do I mean? You'll see and hopefully understand. :)

Thanks! :)
Oh, now I'm even more curious:laugh: Can't wait to see his new programs

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Takeaway: Denis Ten sucks at writing.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Takeaway: Denis Ten sucks at writing.
:shocked: I think his writing is very fluent and intelligent. If you didn't understand it, or didn't get what you wanted out of it (like, what kind of programs/music he has), then that's another thing.

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
^It comes off as a really bad attempt at stream-of-consciousness x post-modern prose.
You could say this if he was a writer or a wanna-be writer, but he is not. His writing is more coherent than most people's who write on the net, anyway.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm absolutely in love with D/R's SP. Eric feels it so deeply,.

Completely agree. I even felt more of an emotional connection between the two of them than I have previously.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
me too… i wrote at one point that i used to look at meagan all the time… (of course, it's the nature of the sport to look at the lady in pairs as she get thrown and lifted etcetc…) but I couldn't keep my eyes off Eric… gorgeous skating
Completely agree. I even felt more of an emotional connection between the two of them than I have previously.

Rissa

Record Breaker
^It comes off as a really bad attempt at stream-of-consciousness x post-modern prose.

Lol, I love Denis Ten but yes it does, it's very eyeroll worthy. Hipster indeed. :laugh: But I am very curious as to the programs and the story it'll contain and which direction he'll take them.

Last edited: