2016 Europeans Short Dance | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Short Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, that's it. I'm taking the executive decision of declaring the Ice Dance results for the Predictions Game now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Don't worry, I'm not!)

CaroLiza_fan

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Missed some points in TES, but I really like watching them :love:

Hopefully they can stay 3rd and medal!:cheer:

MIM

Medalist
It is inevitable to compare every team with P/C after watching P/C.

I think B/S are more comparable to P/C than C/L are, because B/S have more contrasting qualities against P/C.

Anyways, I need to re-watch the last group to make sure what I saw; there was such a big gap between P/C and the rest.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Tee hee hee. The Israelis are in 7th. I told you doris--I smell 6th for them here. I see Step/Buk dropping after the FD. And it will be close with G/F.

yuna13

On the Ice
what did Tatiana said about P/C AND C/L?
personnally i don't understand WHY the italian are first.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Not bad for Russia. SinKats should be really happy. They are less than a point away from BS and I think SK's SD is their weaker dance, while for BS, their SD is their stronger dance. Honestly, I expected a bigger difference between BS and SK in BS's favor after the SD. Battle for 3rd between the Russian teams will be interesting. I think CL and PC won't change, but we'll see... stranger things have happened.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Tee hee hee. The Israelis are in 7th. I told you doris--I smell 6th for them here. I see Step/Buk dropping after the FD. And it will be close with G/F.
I think they would be a suprise top6 too :biggrin: I knew they won't be having any problem to make it into top10, wasn't sure how judges would have react to them skating so early, but there won't be that problem in FD :)

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Not bad for Russia. SinKats should be really happy. They are less than a point away from BS and I think SK's SD is their weaker dance, while for BS, their SD is their stronger dance. Honestly, I expected a bigger difference between BS and SK in BS's favor after the SD. Battle for 3rd between the Russian teams will be interesting. I think CL and PC won't change, but we'll see... stranger things have happened.

It just shows you what a mess things currently are in Russian ice dancing. :laugh:

Nobody is standing out in the pack yet. I think the Russian fed. are hoping S/K are then one but their partnership is still young. B/S have the most experience so their fighting based on that. And of course there are others as well. So at the moment it appears like the fed. isn't pushing any team hard yet and are just waiting to see before they make a move. That would benefit S/K or I/Z more then it would B/S.

Last edited:

katha

On the Ice
I think they would be a suprise top6 too :biggrin: I knew they won't be having any problem to make it into top10, wasn't sure how judges would have react to them skating so early, but there won't be that problem in FD :)
I think both T/T and SinKats showed the good points of the new judging system. In ice dance in particular, if you're strong you get more or less the marks you deserve and not the points your starting group "allows" you. The effect of skating earlier is still there and detrimental, but less so. It didn't matter that T/T had to skate in the first group, they're top ten. It didn't matter that SinKats had to skate two groups earlier than the other top pairs, their scores held up and reflected what happened on the ice (perhaps skating earlier lowered PCS for both S/K and T/T a bit, but the effects aren't drastic anymore).

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I'm actually surprise Stepanova/Bukin's PCS is really close to B/S and S/K. I thought they were the clear third out of all the Russian in this competition today with B/S and S/K battling for the best Russian team.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
The french have a great program. They display lots of masterful qualities (especially Guillaume), but im still left wondering if there is more they can give. It see a lot of wonderful movement and choreo which really engages me, but im left wondering what their their choreo means or what it's trying to communicate to me.
For example, the waltz by the Canadians is clear in what its trying to communicate. When you get more artistic, it gets more tricky.
To me, the short dance should be clear.

However, i am super excited for their free dance. :)

Ekm

On the Ice
All in all I thought that the short dance was really good. A lot of teams really brought it today, hope that carries over to the free dance.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Happy to see Coomes and Buckland's PCS improve a little. They will need to address the levels though because they lost points. They have a chance to move up- their free dance is really good.

Luna Cat

Rinkside
I didn't see a difference of almost 2 points between the French and the Italians. But perhaps the French didn't have enough competitions this season, so the judges don't know their programs well enough ...

SinKats get +1/+2 for their Twizzles ...

Last edited:

Giselle

Medalist
Protocols are out.

PSt4 for C/L but level 3 on one pattern.

One jugde gave C/L and P/C 7.50 in PCS!

Last edited: