Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 387 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

uhh

Medalist
I hope they decline it and work towards next season. If Euros showed us anything, it was that the judging at Nationals was a joke. Russian Cup does not deserve their presence.

Yeah :( TBH, if they are going to compete again I'd rather they do Bavarian Open like Y/M for the ranking points. But I guess they have to do what they are told. Hopefully a really strong performance will remind the federation what they've missed out on by sending S/B to Euros with those joke PCS.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Yeah :( TBH, if they are going to compete again I'd rather they do Bavarian Open like Y/M for the ranking points. But I guess they have to do what they are tHopefully a really strong performance will remind the federation what they've missed out on by sending S/B to Euros with those joke PCS.

I agree, I would like them to do Bavarian Open as well. I would like their rank to go up a bit. And to finish this season with a bang. I mean they did, although they should have won the free skate at Nationals. But I will say watching S/B get dumped by an international panel confirmed that the Nats panel were literally idiots.

Marta25

Medalist
I really hope they don`t skate at the Russian Cup Final. It doesn`t make any sense for them since they don`t have any chance of getting one of the World`s spots, if they skate there, it`s just to draw in viewers. :scowl:

I think they should maybe consider doing two Senior B competitions in the fall. They are going to lose a lot of WR points since they weren`t even allowed to skate at Euros, which will mean a bad starting order in the GP series...again.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I really hope they don`t skate at the Russian Cup Final. It doesn`t make any sense for them since they don`t have any chance of getting one of the World`s spots, if they skate there, it`s just to draw in viewers. :scowl: I think they should maybe consider doing two Senior B competitions in the fall. They are going to lose a lot of WR points since they weren`t even allowed to skate at Euros, which will mean a bad starting order in the GP series...again.

I agree. I would also like to see them do Finlandia and TEB (and go right to Estonia after). I wonder what GP's they will get next year. I hope something different besides China. They are almost assured for Rostelecom, but it depends on the other teams. I would love to see them get Skate Canada and TEB. Any thoughts?

Marta25

Medalist
I agree. I would also like to see them do Finlandia and TEB (and go right to Estonia after). I wonder what GP's they will get next year. I hope something different besides China. They are almost assured for Rostelecom, but it depends on the other teams. I would love to see them get Skate Canada and TEB. Any thoughts?

I`m not sure if they will get automatically 2 GPs. I think they are guaranteed 1 GP, because their score from Saransk is in the top 24. China seems to like them a lot, so maybe they will choose them again. I think TEB and COR could be a good combination.

I`ve watched the last group at Euros and I`ve to say S/B looked out of place there. It`s sad that we will never see how good Frida could have become. :(

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I`m not sure if they will get automatically 2 GPs. I think they are guaranteed 1 GP, because their score from Saransk is in the top 24. China seems to like them a lot, so maybe they will choose them again. I think TEB and COR could be a good combination. I`ve watched the last group at Euros and I`ve to say S/B looked out of place there. It`s sad that we will never see how good Frida could have become. :(

I'm pretty sure they will get 2. They will get a host pick at Rostelecom if anything. Or if they get 1 just do a senior B and the Challenger series. They can pick up massive ranking points.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I really hope they don`t skate at the Russian Cup Final. It doesn`t make any sense for them
Why should they miss the country's local cup because they will not be taken away? Too bad that this competition does not have the status of mandatory. I want to - I will skate, not want - I won't. It is necessary to fix this mess.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Why should they miss the country's local cup because they will not be taken away? Too bad that this competition does not have the status of mandatory. I want to - I will skate, not want - I won't. It is necessary to fix this mess.

They didn't create their mess at Nationals. Regardless of the SD and the issues they have had this season, what they did on the night was not rewarded as it should have been. They should have been at Euros fighting it out for the World team spot. Why give Russian Cup their star power? I know they would probably get people in seats but getting straight to work for next season is more ideal. There are no ranking points involved so it's not worth the hassle.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
They didn't create their mess at Nationals. Regardless of the SD and the issues they have had this season, what they did on the night was not rewarded as it should have been. They should have been at Euros fighting it out for the World team spot. Why give Russian Cup their star power? I know they would probably get people in seats but getting straight to work for next season is more ideal. There are no ranking points involved so it's not worth the hassle.
For me would be interesting to see again their battle with Zagorski and Guerreiro. If I/Z will fall again, I think they lose them absolutely calm.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
For me would be interesting to see again their battle with Zagorski and Guerreiro. If I/Z will fall again, I think they lose them absolutely calm.

It would be interesting but honestly they would beat Z/G with a mistake or 2. Z/G do not have the polish and presence to compete with them at this time. Although I do like them as a team.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I agree, I would like them to do Bavarian Open as well. I would like their rank to go up a bit. And to finish this season with a bang. I mean they did, although they should have won the free skate at Nationals. But I will say watching S/B get dumped by an international panel confirmed that the Nats panel were literally idiots.

+++100%%%%.

Alba

Record Breaker

No way SC. TEB and COR, and even CoC would be fine.

MarieM

On the Ice

They did not skate well at nationals. They haven't been skating well all season long. At nationals, Ruslan didn't look ok at all compared to all the other male partners. Elena was undertrained and i still question how fit she was when you see how desperate she is with photoshop lately.
Frida IMO could have been a good vehicle, but it didn't. It never fully developped.
The SD wasn't what the judges wanted to see (Vienna Waltz, ugly and all) and their SD wasn't good in that matter. They couldn't have done another SD IMO because they are not made for Waltz, it's more in Sinitisna/Katsalapov backyard.
They both need to work harder. They were underprepared compared to some other teams and are too new to rely on their experience. Their coaching situation doesn't help either because Kustarova can only teach people to bend forward instead of proper technique (look how long it took Zhulin to "fix" Bobrova). She just has no clues IMO and is wasting talent in her camp with all the other juniors. Platov is available and IMO could do wonders with them like fixing their technique for starters.

Bobrova and Soloviev are boring but don't make stupid mistakes.
Elena has a tendency to do them. As well as Nikita. That is something that Ruslan and Elena need to adress. They have a long road ahead of them considering they really do not match well and have extra work to do.

uhh

Medalist
Please stop posting in this fan thread, all you ever do is come in here to belittle them with your ill informed rants.

Mattieu

Medalist
Please stop posting in this fan thread, all you ever do is come in here to belittle them with your ill informed rants.

I disagree, it is good to hear all opinions even if you disagree with them.
Otherwise you are living in a bubble, in a fools paradise not accepting reality.
The reality is, Elena is a total star, but this year she hasn't shined for whatever reasons.
I am sure all MarieM wants is for Elena to knuckle down and return to her normal stardom, just because she is presenting the facts as they are doesn't mean she isn't a fan.

uhh

Medalist
"Please keep posts positive and related to the skater/team accordingly."

How is constantly calling someone fat and lazy in any way positive? We are all capable of having constructive discussion of their strengths and weaknesses in here - look at all the thoughts people have had about the SD - without resorting to what MarieM posts.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Otherwise you are living in a bubble, in a fools paradise not accepting reality.
The reality is, Elena is a total star, but this year she hasn't shined for whatever reasons.
I am sure all MarieM wants is for Elena to knuckle down and return to her normal stardom, just because she is presenting the facts as they are doesn't mean she isn't a fan.

Ok Mattieu, do you like Elena and Ruslan cause I haven't seen anything positive from you about them also? Are you their fan? If you are not a fan what are you doing in a fan thread?

Marta25

Medalist

Absolutely not. This is a fan thread, if you and MarieM want to discuss these things, maybe a more appropriate place would be the General Russian Ice Dance thread.
Look, it`s fine if you two don`t like them, but don`t come in here and use this thread for a platform to diss on them, because this is not what this thread is supposed to be about.
The same thing is going on in the P/C fan thread over at FSU and it`s absolutely inappropriate.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Absolutely not. This is a fan thread, if you and MarieM want to discuss these things, maybe a more appropriate place would be the General Russian Ice Dance thread.
Look, it`s fine if you two don`t like them, but don`t come in here and use this thread for a platform to diss on them, because this is not what this thread is supposed to be about.
The same thing is going on in the P/C fan thread over at FSU and it`s absolutely inappropriate.

Come on people, why are we discussing this. What we need is a ban, okay, for both Matthieu and MarieM and the rest of their ilk. I cannot find that ignore button. Please somebody help me. Thank you :) Enough is enough!!