2016 Junior Worlds Mens Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Mens Free Skate

liv

Record Breaker
Strange competition.

I think my favourite was Jun hwan... to do so well at 14 with only 1 triple axel... and the American guys were great.. Nadeau, wow...
Congrats to the winner. Amazing technical content, although I didn't really like the program in general. To jump from 9th to 1st, he has to be very proud of himself. That's no small feat and he was just fantastic. Well deserved.

Layback11

Record Breaker
There needs to be a storybook on this!

Will a blog post do? I will definitely do a blog post about it. Maybe even an all-men's one, which I've never done before! Or maybe just a general recap with humorous anecdotes from the event (suspicious unconfirmed ice dance marriages!) like they do on IN?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will a blog post do? I will definitely do a blog post about it. Maybe even an all-men's one, which I've never done before! Or maybe just a general recap with humorous anecdotes from the event (suspicious unconfirmed ice dance marriages!) like they do on IN?

YES!!!!! Do the whole thing!!!!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
We have Israeli and Czech champions, who could believe, but it is so great to see , I am delighted honestly

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Well, that was an interesting men's competition, to say the least. And I even don't know whether in a good sense, or not so good. Only one podium finisher (Samohin) who was among the favorites to medal, and not even one from those who were expected to medal here just a few months ago - before Chen's and Sota's injuries.

And Deniss :(. He actually had a real chance to keep his third place if he had skated well, considering how Aliev and Samarin skated. Oh well, let's hope for good Senior Worlds for him (meaning, he qualifies for the FS, and simply skates well in both programs).

Anyway, congratulations to Samohin, Nadeau and Hiwatashi, and to everyone else who had a good skate.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
How really inspiring for junior men in Canada: working hard for the minimum tech and a big chance to go to worlds.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think Samarin had one clean jump--a hand down here, a step out there. He usually has a good SP and a not-so-good FS, that's the way it's been in the JGP and that's the way it was here, but he was gifted with his score while Aliev was not. I guess it was because Samarin was the last Russian skater.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
2017 World Junior Championships: Men

3 Spots - 1st/2nd for 1 skater, top 2 totaling 13 or less for multiple skaters

Canada (2nd, only skater)
USA (3+5=8, up from 2 spots)
Russia (4+6=10)

2 Spots - 3rd-10th for 1 skater, top 2 totalling 28 or less for multiple skaters

Israel (1+18=19)
Korea (7+18=25)
Latvia (8+18=26)
France (9, only skater, up from 1 spot)
China (10+18=28)
Japan (12+15=27, down from 3 spots)

2016-2017 Junior Grand Prix: Men

2 Entries in 7 Events - Top 3 highest placing countries

(1) Israel
(2) Canada
(3) USA

1 Entries in 7 Events - Countries 4th-6th

(4)Russia
(5) South Korea
(6) Latvia

1 Entries in 6 Events - Countries 7th-10th

(7) France
(8) China
(9) Ukraine
(10) Japan

1 Entries in 5 Events - Countries qualifying for FS, 11th and lower

Italy, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia, Taipei, Norway, Switzerland, Great Britain, Georgia

1 Entries in 4 Events - Countries with skaters placing 25th-30th place in SP

Croatia, Australia, Spain, Austria

1 Entries in 3 Events - Countries with skaters placing 31st or below in SP

Turkey, Kazakhstan, Finland, Slovakia, Malaysia, Hungary

1 Entries in 2 Events - Any member country not listed above

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
We have Israeli and Czech champions, who could believe, but it is so great to see , I am delighted honestly

Samohin is making history as being the first Junior World champion to represent Israel just like his countryman, Bychenkov won a silver at Euro in January. :cheer2:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
A lot of disapointments, but it isn’t like the medalists skated badly. Om the contrary: Congrats to them :cheer:

Why didn’t Tomoki’s second 3 flip count?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
A lot of disapointments, but it isn’t like the medalists skated badly. Om the contrary: Congrats to them :cheer:

Why didn’t Tomoki’s second 3 flip count?

It was ninth triple jump, and there's only 8 allowed in Free Porgram IRC.