2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies FS

samm22

On the Ice
what was that program??????? I have NEVER seen a Don Q program match the music less than that. The backloading of EVERY jump should be a deduction in choreo, not to mention that the rest of it was sloppy, and SOMEHOW (?!!!!) she gets above 120 for THAT????????? I do no understand the point of having a judging system if it awards gimmicks and quantity over actual skating and quality. She should have been much closer to the japanese imo, who had much better programs and had much better carriage. Imo, even the girl from Sweeden had a better presence before she had those little mistakes on the jumps. She's rightfully first as she was the only skater that went clean today, but that does not mean she has the best program, or the best technique. I'll be remembering her program not because of the jumps, but because of the incoherent choreography and lack musicality. Her short was MUCH better.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
still preferring Alex's program way better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIreGUL0fds
:curse:

I liked her 2014 LP more.

About Zagitova i think she was a bit nervous, i think both the programs will be better at the finals. (i don't like the long though)

They consider her Salchow < and GOE are low, so there is even room to improve the TES (the base value for the long program is huge)

Last edited:

georgiana

Rinkside
what was that program??????? I have NEVER seen a Don Q program match the music less than that. The backloading of EVERY jump should be a deduction in choreo, not to mention that the rest of it was sloppy, and SOMEHOW (?!!!!) she gets above 120 for THAT????????? I do no understand the point of having a judging system if it awards gimmicks and quantity over actual skating and quality. She should have been much closer to the japanese imo, who had much better programs and were much better carriage. She's rightfully first as she was the only skater that went clean today, but that does not mean she has the best program, or the best technique. I'll be remembering her program not because of the jumps, but because of the incoherent choreography and lack musicality. Her short was MUCH better.

Facepalm. Do you want a hug? Calm down woman :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
4) Kim: She needs to win @her next one. She will face Marin, Kaori again, Alissa and Korean American girl whose name I cannot recall right now.

You mean Vivian Le probably. And I though she's got Vietnamse roots, not Korean.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Backloaded ALL jumps, unstable landings, meaningless tanos/rippons. -> Won the competition.

I don't even know what to say...and this is my first comment on a competition this season.

mcq

Record Breaker
Lmao @ the extensive backloading

That said, I actually prefer Zagitova's artistic style than Tsurskaya's. But Tsurskaya's jump > Zagitova's. Her landings are :noshake:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I liked Alina Short better too. Her choreographer/coach is crazy for making her doing all jumps in second half... It's as bad as doing all jumps in first half.

samm22

On the Ice
Facepalm. Do you want a hug? Calm down woman :)

haha sorry...that was a little bit of a rant. I'm just tired of backloading and unbalanced performances being rewarded above edges and jumps with flow.

Side note: I had to laugh at this because of the "woman" I'm male, but that certainly made my day! :rofl:

georgiana

Rinkside
Backloaded ALL jumps, unstable landings, meaningless tanos/rippons. -> Won the competition.

I don't even know what to say...and this is my first comment on a competition this season.

If you don't know what to say then you're better off saying nothing at all :)

Kuan

Final Flight
:eeking: at Zagitovas layout. Very impressiv she landed everything, but it is soo unbalanced and some movements to wild and rushed. And her jump exits are questionable. It is much more visible when she skates after girls like Rin and Kaori, with great speed/flow and straight back, good lines after the jumps.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I just watched the video.
Zagitova needs a lot of skating skills improvement, too slow for me...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Actually i think her landings would be much better without the rippon variation so it's not meaningless.

She deserves to win here, even Sakamoto was overscored (3flutz, music deduction, so slow on the ice even in the spins and SS)

Last edited: