2016 US Intl FS Classic Mens SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Mens SP

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Adam Rippon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My World has officially been rocked and you are the reason. That big score was well deserved and if you skate like that at Nationals, the crowd will be in the palm of your hand. Brilliant Program!!!!

Jeff Buttle is a brilliant choreographer and Adam really rocked it. Loved his costume. Great hair too. :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Watched the youtube video of Mura. Love this SP.
He needs to work on transitions into and out of his jumps. They are all pretty empty. Also his jumps were not his best and the 4t looked borderline.

But he skated with power and a bit of flair and his step-sequence was soooo good. I still think he's underscored for what he did. So continuing to wave the 'Justice for Mura!' flag.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Jeff Buttle is a brilliant choreographer and Adam really rocked it. Loved his costume. Great hair too. :biggrin:

Sydney Rose. Who choreographed that program was sooooooo my next question and thank you for giving me the answer. Adam needs to stick with Jeff. They make a great team.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason and Adam both got PCS of 42.10. Interesting.

The U.S. men were the top four in PCS :yay:.

Ross third with 38.70, and Sean fourth with 37.45.

Good luck to everyone (from all countries) in the FS :yay:.

ETA: I have watched only Sean and Brendan so far. I have no opinion on whether some skaters deserved higher PCS than they received.​

Maybe 30% but it was good that I'm willing forgive him. BTW, who skated to East Of Eden?

Sean Rabbitt.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
The U.S. men were the top four in PCS :yay:.

Ross third with 38.70, and Sean fourth with 37.45.

Good luck to everyone (from all countries) in the FS :yay:.

Sean Rabbitt.

Thanks Icecoverage, I'll have a look right now. I just watched Sean and I can't tell you how much seeing a happy makes me smile. What a great start for him....Bravo Sean!!!!

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
lol, mura 5+ points behind on pcs? with a 36? Who are the judges kidding? Unless the only criteria for components was costumes.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
lol, mura 5+ points behind on pcs? with a 36? Who are the judges kidding? Unless the only criteria for components was costumes.

Yeah, Mura's PCS was definitely way too low. I'd dock him on transitions, maybe, but he has great speed and power. I'd give him at least a 39 or 40.

Last edited:

statmam

On the Ice
Thanks Icecoverage, I'll have a look right now. I just watched Sean and I can't tell you how much seeing a happy makes me smile. What a great start for him....Bravo Sean!!!!
He skated that program like it's January, not September. Good on ya, Sean!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just went on a watching spree. Thoughts for my four men:

Jordan: Looking altogether more together than at this time last year, really fought to get the triple off that combo, and pleased he hung on for the level at the end. Love this program for him. Crossing fingers for 4CC TES minimum in the FS.

Andrew: Gorgeous. Love this program so, so much. Thought he probably got stiffed a few points here, they could have pushed that to 65+ IMBO. That 3Lz is like butter.

Jason: QUAD IS GETTING SO CLOSE! What resistance I had to this program is rapidly softening and melting, probably because he moves with such beauty and power through it. Can't wait to see what it'll score the day he hits that quad.

Brendan: I was afraid of how this idea might (not) work when the music was announced, but I am absolutely :love: over this program. Give it a little more time for him to get into it and it will be perfect. I noticed they've taken out the second quad for now, but I'm sure it will go back in. Gorgeous 4T and 3A.