Patrick Chan | Page 332 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

TGee

Record Breaker
Thanks to everyone for an enthusiastic welcome!

Hope to honour that as I go on. I especially honour him for being an inspiration to the little ones. One of my great skating memories will always be my trying to soothe a very little guy who'd been "saving a stuffy for Patrick Chan" and realized that he couldn't find it about halfway through Patrick's short program....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh lord.. what bad taste.... i love humour... but yeah... that was low class.... ;) i stopped reading before the end, way before the end.... I mean the basic idea was good and funny, the execution though... no offense if it's someone who hides in this thread :) just my opinion
I'm assuming that some of you already read this parody on FSU, right?

Chan Announces Averbukh Will Choreograph New Programs

Maybe Blueberryhill could create a photochan out of this! :laugh2::laugh2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
PS i am too much in "admiration" with Patrick's picture.... I made it my avatar... :love:

Last edited:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
PS i am too much in "admiration" with Patrick's picture.... I made it my avatar... :love:

Haha! I noticed! Since I had been working with that same picture of Patrick I took a double-take when I scrolled down the page. I thought I had been on the computer too long and it had imprinted into my brain! :laugh:

(I enhance my version because I wanted a wispy, heavenly look. In hindsight I wished I had photoshopped a twinkle in his eye!)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol i just downloaded the pic from facebook and cropped it...

I was going to use the patrick in the box for my avatar... but then, you may have charged me copyrights LOL
Haha! I noticed! Since I had been working with that same picture of Patrick I took a double-take when I scrolled down the page. I thought I had been on the computer too long and it had imprinted into my brain! :laugh:

(I enhance my version because I wanted a wispy, heavenly look. In hindsight I wished I had photoshopped a twinkle in his eye!)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
oh lord.. what bad taste.... i love humour... but yeah... that was low class.... ;) i stopped reading before the end, way before the end.... I mean the basic idea was good and funny, the execution though... no offense if it's someone who hides in this thread :) just my opinion

Yep, it was as if they had transplanted Kanye West's personality into Patrick. Maybe there's a side of Patrick that's like that, but I doubt that we'll ever see it, thank goodness. Although... that frustrating moment after his free skate in Boston last season may have come close.

Here's the photochan, I used your Kandinsky version!

http://i.imgur.com/GHFQhDz.jpg

Nice! I like that soft glow around his head that you added there in the before pic. As for the after photo - boy, he got all banged up after that routine! :laugh:

Very fitting! So nice to see you in color on this forum, 4everchan!

As for the pic, I did give him a bit of a hard time for posting it late on Twitter. :)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I have thought of what I would like to see for Patrick's costumes. Sorry 4everchan but I wanted to go further in detail than colour.

He's skating to "Blackbird" in the SP, so I think he may just wear black. Ideally he'd wear another colour, and have silhouettes of birds somewhere on the costume or black bird feathers strewn about. Black pants, a light grey/silver blouson shirt with embroidered black feathers. I'd like that. The FS would be more suited to a vest (alas). I'd prefer a satiny shirt, in red or navy blue, with some lightly dispersed rhinestone detailing on the sleeves. Accompanied by a black vest and black pants. A more formal look for the classy music Eric has composed. Though the look would be a bit much for Patrick's subdued fashion tendencies.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
feathers and stones :) i think you are in the wrong thread Mango lol... luxury hanyu's thread is down there :)
I have thought of what I would like to see for Patrick's costumes. Sorry 4everchan but I wanted to go further in detail than colour.

He's skating to "Blackbird" in the SP, so I think he may just wear black. Ideally he'd wear another colour, and have silhouettes of birds somewhere on the costume or black bird feathers strewn about. Black pants, a light grey/silver blouson shirt with embroidered black feathers. I'd like that. The FS would be more suited to a vest (alas). I'd prefer a satiny shirt, in red or navy blue, with some lightly dispersed rhinestone detailing on the sleeves. Accompanied by a black vest and black pants. A more formal look for the classy music Eric has composed. Though the look would be a bit much for Patrick's subdued fashion tendencies.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Not real feathers! Embroidered, like a design. Like this looks really cool and in line with the "take these broken wings and learn to fly", but he'd never wear something like that. This kind of pattern, even without embroidery and just printed, would also be appealing.

The stones would indeed be too much. And a shirt + vest would be too hot. So satiny sleeves for those muscular arms stitched onto a nice black vest. Yeah!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'd like to see a very pale costume for Eric's music.... something light grey or pale blue or even off white.. (oh oh)... could have patterns or whatever but yeah... something light.... no idea why
Not real feathers! Embroidered, like a design. Like this looks really cool and in line with the "take these broken wings and learn to fly", but he'd never wear something like that. This kind of pattern, even without embroidery and just printed, would also be appealing.

The stones would indeed be too much. And a shirt + vest would be too hot. So satiny sleeves for those muscular arms stitched onto a nice black vest. Yeah!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
i'd like to see a very pale costume for Eric's music.... something light grey or pale blue or even off white.. (oh oh)... could have patterns or whatever but yeah... something light.... no idea why

My first thought was light blue. But Yuzuru used that for two seasons in the SP to Chopin, so I said no. He likely won't do it. Maybe light grey for the FS, and black for the SP?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yuzuru had blue, gold, white, extra fabric, lots of things :)

i see patrick in very simple light colour.... but not white of course... but close... so not like todd eldredge's nagano which was sooo white... but close... ;) I'd be curious to see patrick in lavender ;) i think he could pull that off. The two excerpts we heard from Eric's piece are so lyrical... it deserves a very light colour i think
My first thought was light blue. But Yuzuru used that for two seasons in the SP to Chopin, so I said no. He likely won't do it. Maybe light grey for the FS, and black for the SP?

Ayara

On the Ice
I like your idea with feathers. *-* Black feathers, or it maybe wings. But I think, that wings is too for Patrick, so I agree with feather)))) And shirt free style with long sleeve *0*

Ayara

On the Ice
Although I would not mind if Patrick was shirtless and with painted with black wings on his back. Oh, sweet dreams, sweet dreams...)))))