2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

tzazu

Medalist
I bought my tickets!!! There were so few available:palmf: I need to reread what I bought, there are only 15' to purchase all your tickets, and the page was sooooo slow every time I needed to come back for new tickets, choose again seats and so. I had some problem with the card, and lost all my tickets the first time, so I had to choose again all the tickets (12 in total):hopelessness: I need a lime blossom tea now :handw:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
I already have my tickets for Men's free and free dance. Ice level 2, section 102, but I'm having problems buying ladies' free skate tickets. Tickets are flying! I think I'll have to buy Balcony tickets...well, at least I'll safe some money. But the website is not working well now, I think...I'm having lots of problems.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Seems like for some events, Ice Level 1 is not even available anymore, for instance men's free. That was fast, they were definitely there at 8 this morning (and before in the pre-sale).
Nothing decent on the judges' side, of course. Although there are a few okay seats for the gala, I guess.

tzazu

Medalist
I didn't find anything in Ice Levels for ladies' free (I needed two tickets), only in the last row of Ice Level 2, so I went for Balcony 1 (only two rows difference and saved some money) At the end, I bought two tickets for men SP and free, ladies, pairs and dance frees and the gala. All of them Balcony 1, 1-3 row.

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
This on-sale seemed almost as disappointing seat selection wise as the "pre-sale". I refreshed the ticketing page about 30 seconds after the clock struck 2AM here in Boston and thought maybe I'd set my alarm for the wrong time. I was expecting at least a few great seats to be made available but I don't think it happened.

TMC

Record Breaker
This on-sale seemed almost as disappointing seat selection wise as the "pre-sale". I refreshed the ticketing page about 30 seconds after the clock struck 2AM here in Boston and thought maybe I'd set my alarm for the wrong time. I was expecting at least a few great seats to be made available but I don't think it happened.

Maybe they sold those tickets as all-event tix? It's really not fair to expect them to not sell tickets to people who are willing to pay for them, just in case other people want them later.

caesarsalad

Spectator
Hey guys. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. :)

I went to Boston for Worlds this March. It was my first time watching a live skating competition after 10 years of being a fan, 17+ hour flights and all. It was great, emotional whiplash aside, so I'm hoping to have another go in 2017!

I've bought tickets to the Men's events (holding off on the ladies for now, hoping a better seat might be open later? for now it seems only balcony-level seating is left...). Hopefully it all works out, though I'd still have to apply for my travel visa. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Accommodation-wise, I'm still unsure, though I've made a reservation at an AirBnB with a flexible cancellation policy. Anyway, I would really love to meet up with fellow skating fans coming in for the event, especially those who are interested in sightseeing around Helsinki as well.

Anyway, does anyone know if a purchased ticket can be resold to another person? Just in case something doesn't work out. I know it's doable with Ticketmasters, but I'm not 100% sure about Lippu.Fi.

glam

On the Ice
Anyway, does anyone know if a purchased ticket can be resold to another person? Just in case something doesn't work out. I know it's doable with Ticketmasters, but I'm not 100% sure about Lippu.Fi.

Yes, it's possible, the tickets don't have your name on them so anyone can use them.

I took the risk, didn't buy any tickets during the pre-sale, because I was hoping for better seats and waited for the actual sale. But the seats were even worse. I wanted to buy Ice Level tickets for Men's free, but there weren't any :( I'm, not going to buy the Balcony Level tickets because they are so bad, I've been there and the skaters look like little dots. :( It's sad that the travel agencies have reserved big sections from the Ice Level.

caesarsalad

Spectator
Yes, it's possible, the tickets don't have your name on them so anyone can use them.

I took the risk, didn't buy any tickets during the pre-sale, because I was hoping for better seats and waited for the actual sale. But the seats were even worse. I wanted to buy Ice Level tickets for Men's free, but there weren't any :( I'm, not going to buy the Balcony Level tickets because they are so bad, I've been there and the skaters look like little dots. :( It's sad that the travel agencies have reserved big sections from the Ice Level.

Yeah, I'm surprised there are so few seats left on the ice levels. When I purchased the tickets for Boston, I was still able to get decent seats even though I booked mine pretty late - around end of December. In comparison, this is pretty brutal. I know what you mean regarding the balcony tickets - it's not the ideal option.

Regarding the tickets: Since I don't reside in Finland, I chose the TicketDirect (basically electronic tickets in PDF form) format so that I can save and print my own tickets. The printout includes a portion on booking details, including customer name and address. I wonder if this will impact the tickets' resaleability?

glam

On the Ice
I doubt anyone will check the names of the people who come in. That never happens in Finnish concerts or sports events. So I wouldn't worry about it.

FS_rrb

On the Ice
Are balcony tickets really that bad? :(:(. I've finally purchased all the tickets I wanted, being some of them in the first rows of the balcony (Short dance, Pairs FS and ladies FS) and others in Ice Level 2, section 102, row 13 and 16 (Men's SP, Men's FS and Dance FD). Far from ideal but at least I'm going...this ticket selling has been crazy and brutal!

caesarsalad

Spectator
Are balcony tickets really that bad? :(:(. I've finally purchased all the tickets I wanted, being some of them in the first rows of the balcony (Short dance, Pairs FS and ladies FS) and others in Ice Level 2, section 102, row 13 and 16 (Men's SP, Men's FS and Dance FD). Far from ideal but at least I'm going...this ticket selling has been crazy and brutal!

One good thing about balcony seats, I heard, is that you can see the skaters' ice coverage more clearly, but yes, you can feel the distance compared to ice levels. The silver lining is that these arenas typically have a huge jumbotron installed so you can always see the skaters' movements in close-up from the screen wherever you are seated.

jtpc

Rinkside
I was also surprised to see how few level 1 tickets were available when single event tickets went on sale. I'd been watching the gradual release of tickets since the day they first went on sale, and figured there were definitely some areas where tickets were being held back for single event sales, but I'm surprised to see they didn't come up. There is always the chance that when a tour group finalizes their numbers over the next little while, their numbers may not be as high as they had anticipated, so they may not need as many tickets as they were originally allotted. People just need to check every now and again, as a few seats may pop up here and there between now and when Worlds begins.

Has anyone noticed that the seat selection tool seems to have disappeared? I loved the option of being able to see what was available and choosing my own seat, but it doesn't seem to come up when I look now. The only event I see it for is the ladies short.

Last edited:

Lunna

On the Ice
Seat selection only works for Gala. Now they added several ice level 1 tickets for men's FS. I can book Block: 101, Row: 10.

risingtrot

On the Ice
Hotels and apartments near the venue are running out so I highly recommend booking now or soon if you haven't done it yet~ Just booked mine but to be honest, I should have done it weeks/months ago^_^

supsu

On the Ice
Okay. I had bought crappier tickets from the pre sale. Individual ones. But then when they added better ones i sent them a disappointed email asking how they do that and they replied (this is my short translation):
We've released more tickets from the all event seats for individual sale. This means that the costumers for all event have a limited option now for their seats. After selling just one individual event the entire seat won't be available for all event purchase. This is why wwe still wanted to reserve some of the all event tickets. The amount of individual event ticket sale didn't come as a surprise for us.

Then she told me to tell my numbers and i got better seats for extra charge of course for those events i wanted. So i was glad about that. But even then this doesn't seem very consumer friendly situation... Anyways my tickets are in different places for events. Either in ice level 2 or balcony. The ice level 1 seats that were left were so bad that i didn't think it was worth it.. Do u guys know if the arena is about the soze as the one in boston? Just to compare from videos or something..? I had such a meltdown when trying to choose tickets. Lol. Now i'm just happy i'm going. :hap93: i'm trying to book an airbnb which is a mess of its own. My phone shows different available places than my computer than my ipad for those dates. Also.. different prices.... :mad: this is making me very grey and old :hopelessness: :laugh2:

Maybe we should make a new thread for the people going and planning to meet. This thread is already so long. I'd love to meet with other hardcore fans from the forum.

Another thing..... i really really really hope they don't have those terrible clapping things there that they had for finlandia trophy..! Omg they sound terrible! Ruin the mood and it sounds like people who have no ear for music clapping. And very lazily.. I might have to scream in the middle of someone's program to people to stop doing it.. lol just kidding.. But i still don't understand why anyone thinks it's a good idea...

Pamigena

Record Breaker
i'm trying to book an airbnb which is a mess of its own. My phone shows different available places than my computer than my ipad for those dates. Also.. different prices.... :mad: this is making me very grey and old :hopelessness: :laugh2:
I actually saw a report about that sort of thing just last week. Apparently many providers do that now, and usually the offers/prices you get to see on your phone or tablet aren't as good as the ones you get to see on your computer. Basically they assume that if you look for something on your tablet/phone, then you're maybe in a hurry or something and are therefore more likely to just click on any offer they throw your way. But if you take the time to actually sit down at your computer, then you may be a really picky customer who compares prices and such, and so they show you the better/cheaper offers. (no guarantee that this is actually true, but according to that report it's never a bad idea to check these offers from different devices, and preferably from a computer as well)

Another thing..... i really really really hope they don't have those terrible clapping things there that they had for finlandia trophy..!
Bad news :biggrin: I asked someone before we left from Finlandia, and they said they will definitely try to get them for Worlds as well.

khughes

On the Ice
I bought my tickets!!! There were so few available:palmf: I need to reread what I bought, there are only 15' to purchase all your tickets, and the page was sooooo slow every time I needed to come back for new tickets, choose again seats and so. I had some problem with the card, and lost all my tickets the first time, so I had to choose again all the tickets (12 in total):hopelessness: I need a lime blossom tea now :handw:

Many congratulations! That sounded intense.

khughes

On the Ice
Just a thought for anyone still trying for tickets - I bought mine not through the official site but through the affiliated agency indicated on the site. I know you usually have to book the hotel with them, but since I was undecided, the agent didn't make me and just let me buy the all-event tickets. The agency definitely had some seats that weren't offered on the site. I bought mine back in May, but I'm thinking the agency may still have access to a few seats. Worth trying, anyway. The agency begins with B, it's on the site. Sorry, I don't have the name in front of me.