2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

FS_rrb

On the Ice
As far as I know, the entire lower area in blocks 107 to 110 were never released to the public (barring maybe some premium level tickets?); not with the all-events tickets, and not now with the pre-sale. It would make very little sense to suddenly open those up with the normal sale for the individual tickets.
So I'm guessing those are reserved for the VIP packages, maybe the tour groups etc. <--- in which case they might (?) open up closer to the actual competition, if the seats weren't sold or... ?
Possibly some other blocks have been left out of the sales so far, too.

Thanks for your answer! I'm still having a hard time deciding what to do. The fact that they don't put all tickets up for sale makes it more difficult. In the end I might buy an Ice Level 2 all-event package. The difference between Ice Level 1 and Ice Level 2 tickets is not much now that most of the best tickets have been sold. I wanted to buy separate tickets for competitions but the situation is even worse...the remaining Ice Level 1 tickets are not worth the price IMO.

Are all level Ice 2 tickets in the corners and short side of the rink? At least the remaining ones seems to be there only. Aaaaagghhh it's so difficult! :sad4:

supsu

On the Ice
The cheapest all-event tickets are for "Balcony 2", which doesn't include practices. I think the first three rows of the balcony are "Balcony 1", those tickets do include practices.

I don't think that it should be a problem to sell parts of an all-event ticket. We have All-Event-9 tickets and got 17 separate tickets (8 for practices, 8 for competitions, 1 for the gala). On each ticket there's a price (in our case 46,50€), but that's only the total price divided by 17 (on each practice ticket it also says 46,50€, but good luck selling one of those for that price..... on second thought, you may even find someone crazy enough to pay it :p)

:rofl: Thanks!

So now that the single event tickets were on the market.... Oh dear. Im regretting this already.. I just got balcony seats for men and ice dance. From the judges side. The only ice level tickets were in the corners and i thought it's not worth the money.. But now i'm wondering if i still should've gotten those anyways.. :palmf: feeling very frustrated with this since it's my first time buying tickets. The balcony seems so far away.. :bang:

Well.. Then i got friday practise tickets.. But is the practise for all competitors or just some of the events? That's what I'm most excited about right now, lol.

If they were to have some better non corner ice level tickets on the market at some point for whatever reason i might try to get those for some event.. And try to sell the bad ones.. Or something.. Sigh..

Pamigena

Record Breaker
...the remaining Ice Level 1 tickets are not worth the price IMO.

Are all level Ice 2 tickets in the corners and short side of the rink? At least the remaining ones seems to be there only. Aaaaagghhh it's so difficult! :sad4:
I don't really get the concept, to be honest. They now sell all-event Ice Level 1 tickets in Section 117. When you move a couple of seats to the left or right, then (starting with row 16) those seats used to be sold as all-event Ice Level 2 :confused2: I don't get the impression that tickets are getting cheaper as time goes by.

It's pretty hard to tell if they're going to release seats in other sections. I guess it's likely, but it's impossible to tell where they're going to be and if you'd like them better than what you can get now.

it sucks, I know :console:

Well.. Then i got friday practise tickets.. But is the practise for all competitors or just some of the events? That's what I'm most excited about right now, lol.
There are competitions on Friday, starting at 11, so practices are only in the morning. That ticket should give you access to that morning practice session, but I think we'll have to wait for the practice schedule to know what we'll actually get to see there.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Isn't this the arena where there is a second practice rink, below the main rink? Inaccessible to the public. So like with Boston, there may be two practice sessions at the same time, but you can only see the ones in the main rink? Or did I dream that?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Isn't this the arena where there is a second practice rink, below the main rink? Inaccessible to the public. So like with Boston, there may be two practice sessions at the same time, but you can only see the ones in the main rink? Or did I dream that?
You didn't.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I think some more seats for individual events went on sale that weren't there yesterday.
Ice Level 1 tickets in section 117 (rows 18-21), and some more Ice Level 2 tickets in sections 112 – 116.

supsu

On the Ice
I think some more seats for individual events went on sale that weren't there yesterday.
Ice Level 1 tickets in section 117 (rows 18-21), and some more Ice Level 2 tickets in sections 112 – 116.

.... Is this normal for figure skating events that more available tickets just show up...?

baterka

Spectator
Hi guys. I´m going crazy here. I can´t decide.
From 117 - 112, which section do you guys think has the best angle of view for figureskating rutines?

mayfran

Rinkside
From 117 - 112, which section do you guys think has the best angle of view for figureskating rutines?

Better over view for 117, if you want to see jumps right in front of you, 112.

FS_rrb

On the Ice

Same problem here! Can't decide. I guess the global view is better in Section 117 but at the same time those are Ice Level 1 tickets which cost 40 euros more than Section 112 tickets. The question is...is it worth the price difference? Then there's also section 102 which looks quite similar to 112, and same price. So the main problem for me is that the remaining Ice Level 1 seats are almost Ice Level 2 tickets, and of course more expensive. I'll have to make up my mind soon!

mayfran

Rinkside
Is anyone having problem credit card verification to purchase ticket from the site?

I bought All Event 16 ticket in spring without having any problem and trying to purchase pre sale EX ticket this time, but my Visa card won't get through.
I tried two different cards, and even called my card company to verify my card since this is the foreign transaction for me.
Card company said the site might have a issue.

I just want to ask anyone has the same problem.

baterka

Spectator
Same problem here! Can't decide. I guess the global view is better in Section 117 but at the same time those are Ice Level 1 tickets which cost 40 euros more than Section 112 tickets. The question is...is it worth the price difference? Then there's also section 102 which looks quite similar to 112, and same price. So the main problem for me is that the remaining Ice Level 1 seats are almost Ice Level 2 tickets, and of course more expensive. I'll have to make up my mind soon!

Exactly! I wouldn´t mind paying a bit more if I knew the view would be great. The section is oposite the judges and I´m afraid that all I would get to see are the skaters backs :laugh: :scratch2:
It´s my first time planning to go to a live competition so I´am really not so sure...

mayfran

Rinkside
Is anyone having problem credit card verification to purchase ticket from the site?

I bought All Event 16 ticket in spring without having any problem and trying to purchase pre sale EX ticket this time, but my Visa card won't get through.
I tried two different cards, and even called my card company to verify my card since this is the foreign transaction for me.
Card company said the site might have a issue.

I just want to ask anyone has the same problem.

Problem solved :)
Sent a mail to the customer service, I got a reply quickly.
They said probably foreign issued card problem and put my card on secure list.

I got my EX ticket and I'm ready for next year!

Rissa

Record Breaker
Exactly! I wouldn´t mind paying a bit more if I knew the view would be great. The section is oposite the judges and I´m afraid that all I would get to see are the skaters backs :laugh: :scratch2:
It´s my first time planning to go to a live competition so I´am really not so sure...

The skaters move and turn all the time, so you will see more than just backs :)

FS_rrb

On the Ice
I've almost made my choice but...one question: Which section do you guys think is better? Section 112 or 102? It's almost the same but in the opposite side of the arena. I guess it's very similar.

Thanks!

kelleigh

On the Ice
Sec 108, 109 and part of 110 are going to ISU. Some rows on ice level in 102, 103, 117, 118, 119 are allocated to travel agency. For the tickets kept by the agency, I guess there would be a chance for the left ones going back to the ticket office later near the competition date. But I am not sure for this. See if anyone would like to risk a bit and wait or not.