2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

sneakers

Match Penalty
Kolyada - 91 points :laugh2:
Radionova - personal best with an axel error
B/S - personal best by almost 4 points to try to keep pace with Chock/Bates

And that's just the shorts! :laugh: :popcorn:

want to make bets why Satoko, Hanyu were lowballed. even C/B almost lost silver; It wasn't at Rostelecom
hmmmm....

Osmond is not a 70+s girl, that's for sure
her 132 in FS which was more over scored than even counting Gracie Gold's :shocked:

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker

xabia

On the Ice
and only 1 fall in all of the ladies SP
this is a way better event than home cooking of SC for Osmond, she didn't win though even after those massive overscores.

Can't understand why so many people are against Osmond. She's skating her best ever and her personality is magic on the ice. I'm completely neutral, don't have an axe to grind, but I feel that credit should be given where it's due. Some might have put Miyahara in front of her, but she definitely deserved a podium place. I'm just so happy that she's no longer falling on all her jumps like she did last year.

Eclair

Medalist
Zijun's SS are not worse than Elena's or Yulia's, who are both skating on the flats ... Zijun deserves so much respect for training without a coach and still being able to skate clean. 29 PCS .. That's a shame. Such a low for an otherwise enjoyable competition ... GP's really are just homecooking events now. Crazy world we live in when the fairest judging will probably occur in cup of china ... Or TEB...

sneakers

Match Penalty
Zijun was thoroughly robbed here. Arguably Hicks too. And Tursynbaeva on PCS (she's so underrated).

Guess it wasn't enough to have the Russians sweep, they also had to try to put distance between them and medal threats who went clean.

Skate Canada SP

1 Medvedeva 76 +
2 Osmond 74 + :shocked:
3 Tuktamysheva 67+

I'll rehearse that phrase:
they also had to try to put distance for Osmond between them and medal threats for her to win gold or silver

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Ok, enough about Osmond.
You cannot objectively say she didn't deserve a score in the 70's for her short without making yourself seem completely unknowledgeable and irrational.
Give it a rest.

berry8

Final Flight
My rankings:
- Pogo: She is majestic on ice. Clean performance. My score: 73
- Tursinbaeva: This tiny girl has got a lot better. She is faster, her jumps are sharper and her spins are fine. My score: 67
- Lipnitskaya: Lip had a brilliant performance tonight. Nice clean jumps. That's a pity her spins are not fast as they used to be. My score: 65
- Radianova: Her jumps are NOT improved (they probabily are worse). She URed her 3Lz-3T (which was not called by the panel). Her PCS score is way too high (I mean... 34,46 Really???) My score: 63
- Li: Clean performance. Slow. My score: 63
- Hicks: Clean performance. Iffy. My score: 62

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Lmao aren't you guys tired of the **** measuring about home coocking :rofl:
Every GP has it deal with it
bc Someone who's overscored here are sure to be underscored somewhere else & then those same ppl would justify it as fair:scratch2:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Can't understand why so many people are against Osmond. She's skating her best ever and her personality is magic on the ice. I'm completely neutral, don't have an axe to grind, but I feel that credit should be given where it's due. Some might have put Miyahara in front of her, but she definitely deserved a podium place. I'm just so happy that she's no longer falling on all her jumps like she did last year.

though at the expense of Satoko who was massively dinged, not only from her underrotated jumps but low levels and a 0 point for a step sequence ! lol

Eclair

Medalist
Lmao aren't you guys tired of the **** measuring about home coocking :rofl:
Every GP has it deal with it
bc Someone who's overscored here are sure to be underscored somewhere else & then those same ppl would justify it as fair:scratch2:

Except for Zijun. She will never get overinflated scores to even out her underscorings ...

NaVi

Medalist
The people who say that Osmond was overscored should say exactly why they think she was overscored... I've only heard two reasons(uncentered spins, unsure edge on lutz) that I find somewhat potentially valid... and she's skated in two competitions and her lutz hasn't been marked once yet and looking back from last year and it looks better now than it did before... I could tell before without freeze-framing that her lutz was inside edge and now even freeze-framing I can't tell from the angle.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Ok, enough about Osmond.
You cannot objectively say she didn't deserve a score in the 70's for her short without making yourself seem completely unknowledgeable and irrational.
Give it a rest.

Why are we talking Osmond? She wasn't even here was she?

sneakers

Match Penalty
Ok, enough about Osmond.
Give it a rest.

she wont get those score in any other grand prixs
how many bucks we're willing to bet here :cool14:,

Osmond will have more a realistic TES and PCS, scoring around 69+ if clean and she never had a clean FS. I doubt she will score above 200+.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
My rankings:
- Pogo: She is majestic on ice. Clean performance. My score: 73
- Tursinbaeva: This tiny girl has got a lot better. She is faster, her jumps are sharper and her spins are fine. My score: 67
- Lipnitskaya: Lip had a brilliant performance tonight. Nice clean jumps. That's a pity her spins are not fast as they used to be. My score: 65
- Radianova: Her jumps are NOT improved (they probabily are worse). She URed her 3Lz-3T (which was not called by the panel). Her PCS score is way too high (I mean... 34,46 Really???) My score: 63
- Li: Clean performance. Slow. My score: 63
- Hicks: Clean performance. Iffy. My score: 62

Care to show us your protocol so we understand how you scored those scores?

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Skate Canada SP

1 Medvedeva 76 +
2 Osmond 74 + :shocked:
3 Tuktamysheva 67+

I'll rehearse that phrase:
they also had to try to put distance for Osmond between them and medal threats for her to win gold or silver

Everyone is still up in arms about Kaetlyn at SC but where exactly does she not deserve her scores? Her jumps were big with full rotation, ice coverage was excellent, she was extremely fast (fastest of all the ladies there, I was in the arena) with lots of transitions, all the spins were fast and she got level 4's on everything. People want to say she has no reputation but performances are meant to be scored on how they performed at the time, not based on reputation. She has a huge presence on ice and performed her heart out, making lots of eye contact and projecting to the audience. Even if she got a ! on the 3Lz (I sat where her 3Lz is and it was just barely, not flat enough to be called) she would still be in the 70's.

Tuktamysheva barely had any choreography or transitions, a less difficult layout, lesser spins to Kaetlyn and her ice coverage left a lot to be desired, she deserved to be below Rika Hongo at Skate Canada.

berry8

Final Flight
want to make bets why Satoko, Hanyu were lowballed. even C/B almost lost silver; It wasn't at Rostelecom
hmmmm....

Osmond is not a 70+s girl, that's for sure
her 132 in FS which was more over scored than even counting Gracie Gold's :shocked:

Osmond delivered a brilliant SP last week.
She wasn't overscored.
Osmond's SP can score higher than 70 if clean.

Medvedeva was massively overscored.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Why are talking Osmond? She wasn't even here was she?

because someone was bringing up hypocrisy, a canadian poster posting russians are overscored when in fact, Osmond got a massive home cooking at Skate Canada with a ridiculous score.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I bet if Evgenia was compete at CoR and got the same scores like at SC - you will do the same, blaming her for homeinflated.
But I will say this:

Russians ladies - the best in the world. Question is solved. :love: :love: :love:

You can cry and screaming :rofl: