2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs SP

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whats with the British announcer in da house y'all? If we're bringing in special guests why not the Barcelona GPF guy :yes:

tinlizzie

Final Flight
When a skater(s) repeats a program I expect an excellent performance and this did not happen here😔

MIM

Medalist
Tarah and Danny
It is painful to watch both of them fall on SBS jump. Shaky setup and landing on the throw.. But in-betweens are really nice.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well in my part of the world, not too far from where ancientpeas is but still completely not on the same page with marriage laws, spouses keep their birth names... explains why Francis for instance uses both his parents name... also.. it has to be said that in Quebec, people don't get married much anymore...
Why not married :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Darn - don't know what's up with their SBS jumps lately. They had a tough time at Sk Am too.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
At CoC they did a lot of overhead shots on the spins, here at NHK they tend to do overhead shots on the step sequences which is nice because it helps us see their speed and ice coverage.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ok so the dude who sings "Take Me To Church" (Hozier? Is that how you spell it?) was on the radio a few years ago when the song first became popular, and he went on a spiel about how he wants to be "different" and "risqué" by recording this "extremely sexual song". :laugh2: Bro, do you even radio? Pretty well EVERY too 40 pop song making its rounds on the radio waves is about sex. I guess he doesn't get out of the house much.

I think I laughed for 48 hours straight after hearing him say that.

I basically looked like this emoji: :rofl:

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
well in my part of the world, not too far from where ancientpeas is but still completely not on the same page with marriage laws, spouses keep their birth names... explains why Francis for instance uses both his parents name... also.. it has to be said that in Quebec, people don't get married much anymore...

Here it's not automatic anymore. You have to apply to change it to your husband's name.

At first I thought Zhang/Zhang were brother and sister and now with the Wangs (but they aren't, are they?)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

And no wonder if it's anything like where I live. My friend was just complaining to me how she and her new husband ended up owing MORE in taxes after they got married than when they had been living in sin!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm still pretty proud of Peng/Jin for placing first :cheer: Even if the lead is very small.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sin no longer exists in quebec either :) lol bye bye church
And no wonder if it's anything like where I live. My friend was just complaining to me how she and her new husband ended up owing MORE in taxes after they got married than when they had been living in sin!