2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
If we're going with overscored, we'd have to start with Miyahara. She had 3 URs and she still ended up over 133 which is absurd. Radionova had 1 UR last week and ended up at 135. I guess home cooking is a universal phenomenon.

Or maybe Satoko has a smoother skating and better expression and more beautiful line than Elena? Don't get me wrong, i like Lena, but I just can't with her Sarah Brightman Nessun Dorma. Titanic was better (omg I can't believe I say this)

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Not sure why your singling out the Russians. All the major Feds do it. I feel no need to name names or anything but let's keep it real y'allz

You're a little bit wrong. All feds are different, ecpecially on fundation sources. Russian fed is highly state-funded and USFS, Skate Canada, JSF aren't... So russian fed has to make reports to the Sports Ministry. And in US and Japan there are no Sports Ministries... and many other, that make things completely different

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm sooo happy that both Anna and Satoko are in the GPF! Yaaaay. I'll look closely at the scores soon, but right now I'm just happy. :love:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I feel Anna P. and Maria Sotskova are way superior than their compatriot, the mediocre Evgenia.

Uhh, Anna's my favorite by far, but even I can tell that Evgenia is anything but mediocre. There is fluidity and softness in her skating coupled with certain freshness that stands out. Personal preference shouldn't totally cloud our ability to see other skaters' merits.

(To be fair, though, I'm having a really hard time myself trying to find something unique in Sotsokova, because right now she's under the "yet another forgettable princess" label in my books, lol. Heh, I'm kinda relieved that I decided to skip GPF this season because the bottom half of that lineup is a bore to me, although Satoko's SP is slowly worming itself into my affections. )

Last edited:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Satoko, please go back to your 2 2a-3t layout...The change in the SP was good (replacing the 3F with the 3lo), but this LP layout is still pretty bad.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You guys are the best!!! Satoko had a fall in the SP and some fairly lenient TES calls (2a-3t) and still with 3 URS in the FS she scored a 198 and she is "low balled" with a silver and that score. OK :whack:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Anna POGORILAYA RUS 210.86 1 1 video
2 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 198.00 3 2 video
3 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 195.88 2 3 video
4 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 185.39 5 4
5 Mirai NAGASU USA 180.33 4 8
6 Karen CHEN USA 178.45 7 5 video
7 Yura MATSUDA JPN 178.26 6 7 video
8 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ 175.11 9 6 video
9 Dabin CHOI KOR 165.63 11 9 video
10 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 160.22 8 11 video
11 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK 159.70 10 10 video

eta

Medalist
You guys are the best!!! Satoko had a fall in the SP and some fairly lenient TES calls (2a-3t) and still with 3 URS in the FS she scored a 198 and she is "low balled" with a silver and that score. OK :whack:

We're not even talking about the same things. I'm commenting on PCS only.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States

I think people are more upset about PCS rather than TES and placement.