2017 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Ladies SP

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
I fall in love with Carolina's final combination spin. I constantly replay her combination spin :D She is still gorgeous.

Kutien

Final Flight
14Emmi PELTONENFIN53.5214video
15Michaela-Lucie HANZLIKOVACZE52.3915video
16Helery HALVINEST51.7216video
17Kerstin FRANKAUT51.4717video
18Matilda ALGOTSSONSWE51.3518video
19Viveca LINDFORS FIN49.4819video
20Angelina KUCHVALSKALAT49.0520video
21Anna KHNYCHENKOVAUKR48.9321video
22Nathalie WEINZIERL GER48.7022video
23Anne Line GJERSEMNOR48.0623video
24Natasha MCKAY GBR45.9724Q
25Julia SAUTERROU45.5925video
26Dasa GRMSLO43.4826video
27Yasmine Kimiko YAMADASUI42.3327
28Elzbieta KROPA[LTU41.5228
29Antonina DUBININASRB41.0529video
30Colette Coco KAMINSKIPOL39.8330
31Aimee BUCHANANISR38.4931
32Birce ATABEYTUR35.5932video
33Valentina MATOS ESP34.7933
34Hristina VASSILEVABUL24.5534

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Cathlen, you're a gem as always, but I think dorispulaski started the 2017 Europeans Ladies SP thread a few days ago (19/1). Maybe there's a reason for the second one and I'm missing something. I'm so excited, I'm all over the shop :laugh:
Thanks anyway :agree:

It just show how bad eyes I have. I've been checking twice and I didn't see it. My bad. I'm watching right now what has been showed on ES, I'm a little dissapointed it's only two last groups + Carolina. Earlier there was n-timed reapeat of Ski Jumping competition from Sunday :disapp: No comment for ES politics....

Laurine was divine :luv17: But I disagree she was technically worse than Caro. Sorry. I see it was not called, but Caro 3T-3T was clearly URed. Now to Ivett.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I see Tech Panel is kind of lenient with calls. Not fair for skaters who rotates their jumps... ISU Championships should have better level Tech Callers...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Laurine deserved higher PCS - would've had her at 64 or 65 for her skate. Happy for Nicole Rajicova, I think this is the first time she crossed the 60 point mark.

I still prefer Anna's mature SP to Evgenia's skipping (props who ever commented online that the video of 4 year old Nathan skipping on the ice was the the same choreo), but Evgenia has a lock on gold, IMO.

Maria and Carolina are almost tied, so we'll see if Caro's PCS can beat Maria's TES in the FS.

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Laurine should've been marked a bit higher imo, and Evgenia getting higher PCS than Carolina? :disapp:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I would have easily given Laurine Lecavalier's short program a 68+. She had speed out of her triple jumps, interesting choreography, expression, strong curves, and a sense of freedom in her movements - all of which were undermarked in the PCS. Once again, the judges are giving reputation-based PCS rather than what was performed on the ice. :palmf:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I would have easily given Laurine Lecavalier's short program a 68+. She had speed out of her triple jumps, interesting choreography, expression, strong curves, and a sense of freedom in her movements - all of which were undermarked in the PCS. Once again, the judges are giving reputation-based PCS rather than what was performed on the ice. :palmf:

I hope she will skate clean in the free, she has definitely the quality to aim for better scores, i think judges are waiting to see from her consistency and an higher ranking position.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It just show how bad eyes I have. I've been checking twice and I didn't see it. My bad. I'm watching right now what has been showed on ES, I'm a little dissapointed it's only two last groups + Carolina. Earlier there was n-timed reapeat of Ski Jumping competition from Sunday :disapp: No comment for ES politics....

Laurine was divine :luv17: But I disagree she was technically worse than Caro. Sorry. I see it was not called, but Caro 3T-3T was clearly URed. Now to Ivett.
I can see why Eurosport PL repeated those ski jumping events. ;) I'm sure you want to watch it again and again as well.
What I didn't like is that the ISU channel is not available via Eurosport Player, this was a nice feature during the GP season. I have cable tv with hundreds of channels, I found out that I have Rai 1, 2 and 3 but not Rai Sport. :gaah: But the Rai Sport online stream I used was quite good actually.
Carolina's 3-3 wasn't obviously UR imo, I think the tech panel didn't review it because it looked fine in realtime and they were lenient and it would have been a rather harsh call, Shin Amano worthy.
And yes, Laurine was great.

I think that Anna had the best performance, Evgenia was great as always, my only criticism (apart from the program, just not my cup of tea) is that she should have her Piano boots pimped like Mirai Nagasu. I just don't like that light heel. But I'm beginning to see that lightness that obviously impresses the judges so much, I would love to see her live ...

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Sad to see Laurine so underscored in PCS, score should have been higher

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
NBCSN just aired Schott and Algotsson, so it looks like they'll just be airing the last few groups of ladies straight through (delayed, obviously) and then will join the Pairs SP in progress.

Kind of nice to see skaters I don't normally get to see.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Had a minute to sneak in a quick video in between meetings and chose to watch Nicole Rajicova. Wow....I hope the rest of the decisions I make today are this good. She got a Personsl Best if I'm not mistaken!! That was a really comfortable program to watch too. :love:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Carolina's new SP is one of the weirdest programs I've ever seen, but I totally dig it. :cool: Laurine's SP was lovely but she direly needs a new dress. Evgenia was...well, Evgenia. I never realized how fantastic her transitions were until this particular watching, for some reason. Anna was poised and fiery and explosive and skated like a champion. Maria's program didn't come up in the YouTube "recommended" bar and I was too lazy to go find it :slink:.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I can see why Eurosport PL repeated those ski jumping events. ;) I'm sure you want to watch it again and again as well.
What I didn't like is that the ISU channel is not available via Eurosport Player, this was a nice feature during the GP season. I have cable tv with hundreds of channels, I found out that I have Rai 1, 2 and 3 but not Rai Sport. :gaah: But the Rai Sport online stream I used was quite good actually.
Carolina's 3-3 wasn't obviously UR imo, I think the tech panel didn't review it because it looked fine in realtime and they were lenient and it would have been a rather harsh call, Shin Amano worthy.
And yes, Laurine was great.

I think that Anna had the best performance, Evgenia was great as always, my only criticism (apart from the program, just not my cup of tea) is that she should have her Piano boots pimped like Mirai Nagasu. I just don't like that light heel. But I'm beginning to see that lightness that obviously impresses the judges so much, I would love to see her live ...

Well, I watch all Ski Jumping competitions live, so I get to be happy for hearing our anthem being played :biggrin: (minus that terrible version played in Bischoshoffen, I couldn't recognize it as Polish anthem AT ALL). And sure, I do watch it more than once, but I don't need to see it like 4 times a day... And it's not like it's the first time a Pole is winning either, Adam Małysz had us accustomed to winning a lot and Kamil Stoch spoiled us in Olympic season too ;)

Back to the Ladies, such a joy to see Anna & Nicole having their SB skates! :love: Evgenia was flawless, hence the super high score. I'm not suprised that, unlike Russian judges, inertnational ones think Pogorilaya deserves higher PCS than Maria Sotskova. I don't understand this lack of support for Anna from Russian Fed...

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Back to the Ladies, such a joy to see Anna & Nicole having their SB skates! :love: Evgenia was flawless, hence the super high score. I'm not suprised that, unlike Russian judges, inertnational ones think Pogorilaya deserves higher PCS than Maria Sotskova. I don't understand this lack of support for Anna from Russian Fed...
I think the weird judging at Russian Nationals was more because of Radionova than Pogorilaya, simply to make sure that Sotskova is the top CSKA lady. And the PCS Zagitova got is ridiculous anyway.
By the way I think that Sotskova actually looked better than at Russian Nationals, more speed imo and I enjoyed her program.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think the weird judging at Russian Nationals was more because of Radionova than Pogorilaya, simply to make sure that Sotskova is the top CSKA lady. And the PCS Zagitova got is ridiculous anyway.
By the way I think that Sotskova actually looked better than at Russian Nationals, more speed imo and I enjoyed her program.

Agree, Maria did looked better. Maybe she was more realxed now that she has been assured to be on team Russia :) Though I still liked Anna more, but I'm gravely biased ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Usually programs grow on me as the season goes but watching Anna's SP just now shows me that isn't always the case :handw: