2017 GP Skate America Mens SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Mens SP

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam is on fire! Will need to see how if he can make GPF and then how he will handle competing against the quad guns this time. Seemed to overwhelm him last year at GPF.

I have to admit it. I'm not a huge Adam fan, but he skated that program with great confidence.

And, while I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, did anyone have three American men in the GPF in their pre-season office pool?

keasus

On the Ice
I both love his costumes unironically and believe they belong in the hall of fame

This is a temporary costume. He had issues getting the costumes finished in time. I think he said they will be ready by nationals. Both the short and the long.

I like the simplicity of his temporary costume. It goes well with the style of music and accentuates his beautiful lines throughout the program. As they say "no need to gild the lilly."

da96103

Record Breaker
Politicking going on with Nathan's PCS. Hi-balling AND lo-balling. Someone is trying to jack his PCS up, and some are trying to keep it low.

Very interesting range of scores.

Who is J2, his range is between 7.75 to 8.50.
J6 range is 9.75 to 10.00.

This smells like a boatload of seafood.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Since Boyang seems to be dealing with an injury, it might actually be a benefit to not go to GPF. But it would still be nice for him to make it, yes.

I was thinking that as well. But still, but I've become a big Boyang fan and had accepted that Jason wasn't going to GPF, so this is a bit of a whiplash. Boyang can still catch up though given the unpreditablity of men -- Daniel Samohin is not exactly known for his consistency.

Eislauf

On the Ice
I like the simplicity of his temporary costume. It goes well with the style of music and accentuates his beautiful lines throughout the program. As they say "no need to gild the lilly."

Same here. I think also underlines his "cool cat" demeanor. Plus he looks very handsome in it!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have to admit it. I'm not a huge Adam fan, but he skated that program with great confidence.

And, while I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch, did anyone have three American men in the GPF in their pre-season office pool?

Did anyone have Patrick Chan bomb, seven trillion injuries and the Russian men suddenly deciding to show up at competitions in their calculations? ;)

jan

On the Ice
I wouldn't say that he skates like he is on fire. His program is pretty empty and lacking the skating skills, interpretation, etc. That he is more then capable of.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Since Boyang seems to be dealing with an injury, it might actually be a benefit to not go to GPF. But it would still be nice for him to make it, yes.

He will be in good company if he doesn't make it. No Hanyu, No Javi, No Patrick.

In a way it is interesting to see different people at the top. I'm kind of hoping someone pulls a rabbit out a hat at the GPF and wins it shocking all of us.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Let there be no doubt that Nathan Chen is a real contender for the OGM! That score is HUGE...:bow::dance2::cheer2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FWIW, Boyang wasn't at GPF last year either and he still won World Bronze, so GPF isn't a requirement for medal status.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
He will be in good company if he doesn't make it. No Hanyu, No Javi, No Patrick.

In a way it is interesting to see different people at the top. I'm kind of hoping someone pulls a rabbit out a hat at the GPF and wins it shocking all of us.

This is how I feel. If it's going to be a strange year- lets have it really be a surprise.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone have Patrick Chan bomb, seven trillion injuries and the Russian men suddenly deciding to show up at competitions in their calculations? ;)

I'm a Kolyada fan, so I'm good with that. Voronov is a shocker. I'm betting he medals here, too.

But, hey, he stayed on his feet and got his jumps around, and tonight that was enough for a very good placement.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
This Mexican disaster is that same Mexican disaster from the 4CC, Sasha Martinez.

I hope they pull their credentials.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everyone! Get ready for screaming Cheerknithanson!!! Go, girl! Share the love with your favourite ginger top!

Pop. Kevin, how dare you do CheerKnit that way :roll5:

Have you seen cheerknit amongst the audience? Wearing a Washington Capital jersey

Lol you guys! Thanks for thinking of me! Like I mentioned, I had a great time despite it not being the best from Kevin. But I enjoyed seeing him skate very much. It was better than what I feared would happen. Yes like several people mentioned, he's slow. But I have zero regrets.

Also, YASSSS NATHAN! Well deserved!

Adam was awesome!

And I'm so happy Daniel was able to do well despite the fall.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Would you say to an Israeli skater, I'm so glad the days where you were skating to that Holocaust music for cheap sentiment are over, but you're trying way too hard?

It's offensive.

If you think I meant he was being 'too gay', then I apologize for the misunderstanding. Feel free to look up any of my comments about this program in the past about how it's awesome that he's being so flamboyant. I mean 'trying too hard' in the sense that it doesn't seem truly authentic to him. I have no problem with OTT camp if it's who you are, but from my interactions with Adam it just isn't and seems gimmicky. I compare this short to his free skate where I think he's 100% himself: intricate, confident, thoughtful, and introspective.

YMMV, clearly, but I hope I cleared my comment up.