2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 5 - Samara | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 5 - Samara

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Nationals:
Petrosian, Frolova, Gorbacheva, Sadkova, Agaeva, Kulikova, Zakharova, Fursova, Khromykh, Vazhnova, Muravieva, Sinitsyna, Talalaikina, Yametova, Gushchina, Valieva will make it.

The two remaining places depend on who performs in the last stage.

Skating91

Medalist
I wonder what the mentality is where Eteri and Daniel can't be bothered going to a GP stage where there are two of their skaters, and their skater won the junior girls as well.

Kamila is clearly not prepared for next week she was at Medvedeva's party and doing photoshoots during the week, Maya so far away they should have withdrawn her. I think Dudakov does a lot of work with the younger skaters so probably why standards have been maintained with juniors while Eteri is there on a part time basis. Alisa was impressive that's the best I've seen her perform.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The highlight of Kostornaia's pairs career will be a bronze at a domestic GP. Maybe 2-3 seasons into the future.
Given her reaction to her honorable scores for a debut, she probably aim higher.
Also, i think this season, the ultimate goal of skaters who think it's in their abilities, is to finish on nats podium.
In a normal season, it would be to get GP spots, going to GP final, get selected for euros/worlds. That's what Usacheva and Kostornaya wanted when they were competing. Seeing Sinistyna win a stage doesn't make them regret anything imo, especially on Usacheva's part. Nationals is a different story.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Can we find somewhere a current standings for grand prix final and Russian nationals?

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Glad to see Andrei M got his giant purple bear! And also managed to finish 4th. :biggrin:
He should have been on the podium with such a successful skate (even with the disaster in SP), but Samarin skates better than him and also than Hanyu, you know. Even falling twice Samarin with his obvious technical lag can't be shaken. He's the king of components.
It's a bad joke that I'm already tired of laughing and crying at, as are most of the Russian fans

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Krylov, my dear, you got yourself a nomination, those fake abs deserve it

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
He should have been on the podium with such a successful skate (even with the disaster in SP), but Samarin skates better than him and also than Hanyu, you know. Even falling twice Samarin with his obvious technical lag can't be shaken. He's the king of components.
It's a bad joke that I'm already tired of laughing and crying at, as are most of the Russian fans
Seriously, Mozalev just needs to look to Aymoz and leave 4S out of the short...but eh. He will still have a hard time staying on the National Team this year, unfortunately.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Gushchina says she only trained 2.5 weeks before the start. She was dealing with injuries incessantly and hasnt fully recovered.

Excited to see what her full form will look like at Nats. She already looks really good.
The main advantage of Ksyusha Gushchina is calmness and athleticism, stable execution of jumps. That's why I'm a bit surprised that she has q on 2A, as a rule, Ksenia completes her jumps while still in the air. About 15 points were taken away from last season's best sum, but this can be explained by the lightening of the content. Hopefully, she'll come out in good shape for RusNat. Right now she has shown herself very well