2024 World Championships Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Free Dance

Warwick360

Medalist
I'm not sure what universe the Georgian team deserves higher skating skills than the Mrazkovs but I imagine it is a place filled with sad and scary things like Tonya Harding's secret diaries, Plushenko's mullet gel, and whoever recorded this horrific version of "Fever" Olivia Smart is currently slinking elegantly to.
Universe where Eteri can do Eteri stuff. But to be fair to her, Ice Dance is a political landscape that needs no mentioning.

Carol1

Medalist
Racking my brain. Anyone able to let me know what movie the Olivia Smart's opening music is from?

Her wiki page does not seem to say. Is it 2001:A Space Odyssey?
Yes--"Also sprach Zarathustra" was the song Elvis played when he first took the stage at concerts.

If tends to confuse people when skaters reference this (I'm thinking specifically about Coomes and Buckland's Elvis Cirque du Soleil program--and yes, that really existed--I'm on a double does of Prevagen today).

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
scary things like Tonya Harding's secret diaries,

Dear Diary,

I called my bestie, Nancy, today! We had such a nice talk! I can't wait to see her again at Nationals!

Truth be told, I'm really getting tired of this "tough-gal" image I put out. But if everyone knew I really like rainbows and unicorns, and really love classical music, I'd be just like every other skater!

I just wanna stand out!

Ok, time to go! I need to go get some lollipops, and decide which shade of pink to paint my room!

Love and hugs until tomorrow!

Tonya

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Yes--"Also sprach Zarathustra" was the song Elvis played when he first took the stage at concerts.

If tends to confuse people when skaters reference this (I'm thinking specifically about Coomes and Buckland's Elvis Cirque du Soleil program--and yes, that really existed--I'm on a double does of Prevagen today).
The things you learn from watching figure skating

Weetos

Final Flight
I made it just in time for Hannah and Ye! Have I missed anything awesome?

I've got a giant mango and coconut bubble tea monstrosity and a face mask and I am prepared for the stress this evening 😎

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hannah & Ye have improved so much since the first time I saw this dance last summer. The costumes, posture, musicality and style are just so lovely. I never get tired of this program. It is as comfy as a favorite sweater.