Gracie Gold | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Thanks, yeah I need to stay off these forums because there is so much negativity about her which I just don't get at all. This is the only safe one because it's hopefully just her fans. I just hope she doesn't hear any of the hate! Hope your juggling helps Saturday night. 😊

Yeah I'm going to stay away from the other forums as best I can. I did not realizd how many crazy people would come out of the woodwork for nationals. I also get the sense these people have not been following her and have no idea how much of a victory the short was for her.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had good feelings when I watched her. It's not time to retire yet! :)

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I had good feelings when I watched her. It's not time to retire yet! :)

I did too! She definitely is fighting for something. This season in the long run could put the fire in her to go for it everytime. She sounded like Polina on some videos, saying there is no exuse to miss things like she's done when well trained. That kind of attitude will likely help her go far.

pjskater

Rinkside
I can't watch tonight, too worried and just can't see any more heartbreak for her. I'll be routing for her though, want the best for her! Nice video katgrace1925. Hope it brings her luck.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Tonight was pretty crazy. After all the heartbreak, I was hoping we'd see some spark of light.

I am beginning to think she should go back to Alex. If she was happy there in any way it would be a change from now. She looked depressed tonight, and I knew the moment I saw the look on her face that it wasn't her night.

breadstal

Record Breaker
This is devasting and I really hate how people rip off Gracie 'how again she blew up' 'she should retire' like stop caring if you want to bring her down. She HAVE TO stop competing this season, they better not let her to go anywhere this year anymore. She needs to rest and change her environment: new place to skate, new coach, new choreographer. I hope next season she will get to great programs that she will truly enjoy and love going to competitions and just skating. She's such a big talent, her 4th place finishes are just showing how she's the biggest underachierver I have seen for couple of years now. I'm not the biggest fan but I respect her for her talent and she seems like good person :sad21: I wish her the best for next season, again, USFS better not let her compete this year.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW so he fires her :hopelessness: Who knows how someone in her mental position will deal with this :sad21: Good luck to her. Hopefully she gets a new choreographer too.

Last edited:

creaturelover

On the Ice
I never liked Frank Carroll but I hate him now. That is NOT HOW YOU HANDLE A DEPRESSED SKATER. It seems like he has given up and is just kicking her to the curb

pjskater

Rinkside
Wow, I'm so disgusted with this sport right now. Oh Gracie I hope you find whatever makes you happy and if it is skating come back stronger and show them all! But if it's not skating cheers to you also, you can do whatever your heart wants. Hugs 💝

Plumededragon

Medalist
Well, good riddance! It's obvious Gracie was not going anywhere with him anymore, and considering how things worked out according to the article... maybe she will come back to her old coach. She needs someone who she can trust and believe in her, and I'm not very sure that a brand new coach would be the solution to her problems.
I guess it will be known soon enough.

charmblade

Final Flight
Poor girl. Major props for her classy response to the news, though. I hope this is the opportunity for her to find a new direction.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does Gracie have an address for receiving fan mail? I'd love to send her some messages of encouragement and it looks like she likes Hello Kitty, she had a huge one in the Kiss and Cry.

John King

Final Flight
Does Gracie have an address for receiving fan mail? I'd love to send her some messages of encouragement and it looks like she likes Hello Kitty, she had a huge one in the Kiss and Cry.

You might try one of these two:

Gracie Gold C/O IMG
50 Main Street
Suite 1625
White Plains, NY 10606
USA

Or,

Gracie Gold
C/O US Figure Skating
20 First Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
USA

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I am reopening the encouragement project. I was unable to complete it after getting sick 3 times this winter and I decided to wait and see how nationals shaped up to be.

Email encouraging messages to me at

[email protected]

I will be compiling a book for her and giving it to her in Anehiem at Stars on Ice.

If you already sent me a message feel free to add to it!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am reopening the encouragement project. I was unable to complete it after getting sick 3 times this winter and I decided to wait and see how nationals shaped up to be.

Email encouraging messages to me at

[email protected]

I will be compiling a book for her and giving it to her in Anehiem at Stars on Ice.

If you already sent me a message feel free to add to it!

This is such a good idea. I'm thinking of what to say. I can't make what I feel come out right without sounding creepy stalkerish, which is not what I'm trying to do.

kalee

On the Ice
@moonvine: Gracie is currently #7 in the ISU world standings and has gained some points from this season through her GP and CS comps, so she's likely to remain in the top 24 even after Worlds. By ISU rules, this will guarantee her at least 1 GP spot. So sitting out the rest of this season is unlikely to do long-term damage to her opportunities for international assignments / bye to Nationals next year. Main thing is, she has to focus and regroup, and come back physically and mentally stronger.