Great Men's Programs without quads | Golden Skate

Great Men's Programs without quads

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is my all-time favorite Brian Boitano skate. He said once that he'd stand in the wings watching his friend perform it for the thousandth time and find ways to make it new, to get inspiration to skate the program again. He says in an interview at the end of this video that he thinks he's a better skater then, than as an amateur.

this comment is written by Deborah Meyer:
Just goes to show that doing 3 quads jammed in one performance is not necessary to win a perfect score of 10. This performance showed that once upon a time emotion and grace were enough and no one did it better than Brian Boitano. This is my favorite performance by Brian and it is timeless.ļ»æ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7v1IG-UaOY

Rissa

Record Breaker
Most Misha Ge's programs.

Just not the boring ones from the last season.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Todd Eldredge's 1996 Worlds LP, Jeffery Buttle's 2008 LP, and Evan's 2010 OGM LP. Even though it knocked My Plushy down to silver...:sad21:

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer's Alice in Wonderland program, especially the 2011 Canadian Nats version. His Amadeus LP was also quadless and great.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, that was good.

When a figure skating performance goes viral in the 21st century, it HAS to be good. ;) I've had a few people who, when they first find out I'm involved in figure skating, have asked me what I think about "that Riverdance guy".

mrrice

Record Breaker
When a figure skating performance goes viral in the 21st century, it HAS to be good. ;) I've had a few people who, when they first find out I'm involved in figure skating, have asked me what I think about "that Riverdance guy".

KABOOM!!! That exactly what my students called him. "The Riverdance Guy"

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
KABOOM!!! That exactly what my students called him. "The Riverdance Guy"

That's funny, meanwhile I thought I was the only one who had to field questions about "the riverdance guy". Alternatively, I've also gotten "the guy with the ponytail". Haha, it's always good when people pay attention to figure skating because of something POSITIVE. It seems to be a rarity these days.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:luv17: And I had someone ask me about "that guy in the green shirt". Dang - now I have to watch it again for the 200th time!:slink:

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
I really liked Jason's 2014-2015 FS "Tristan and Isolde." I thought it was very well paced and beautifully choreographed, and he performed it quite well, especially at Worlds.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think I loved men's figure skating more before the quad was such a big deal. The flow of the programs and the energy was just somehow different. Loved Lambiel's William Tell, Jason's Riverdance (and agree with what's been said that when a figure skating program goes viral these days it's exceptional.....) and probably my all-time favorite was Kurt Browning's Casablanca program. It truly told a story and he was absolutely one with the music - right down to pretending to smoke a cigarette. Totally in character. For show pieces it would have been Kurt's Singing in the Rain. That was a choreographic masterpiece!