Great Men's Programs without quads | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Great Men's Programs without quads

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Why does the thread that appreciates the value of skating without quad in men's program have to be a place for debates on quad? :scratch2:

You can't escape it. It's an integral part of men's skating and what the sport has been pushing toward so discussion will most always comeback to it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They're both poor jumps...

Feel free to post a video of your 4F and 4Z attempts. :laugh: :rolleye:

Uno's 4F is fully ratified to me... it's not as obviously rotated as his quad but it's a better attempt than anyone else (e.g. Daisuke) ever tried, and he had the guts and ability to land not just in the SP but also in the FS. Adam's 4Z is UR every time, if not <<, but I do appreciate him going for it. Frankly I think the only way to really get a clean 4Z is going down the middle of the ice instead of riding an outside edge towards the corner (harder to achieve counterrotation and requires more edge control).

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
? He lands forwards and does a massive hook turn on the ice. He did the same thing at US Nationals and pretty well every other time he's ever attempted it.

He does not land fully backwards and there is striking in real time UR but to say that he lands forwards is exaggeration. You see his back on the landing and his blade positiob seems to lack 90-120 of degree not 180 + as how I see it. It would mean that he rotated it only little more than his triple lutz. Either way to judge it in fair way I would need slow motion.

Now I watched some other video on which that problems looks more serious ... well I guess that they gave him benefit of doubt and we should move on.

Last edited: