2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Barb

Record Breaker

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean Rabbit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWOsSxoHPsi/

FS (previously announced) Perez Prado Mambo Medley
SP TEQUILA

THANK YOU SEAN FOR GIVING ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO! This might be the first one i am looking forward to.

O.M.G.

Tequila? As in Tequila by the Champs? The actual real live Tequila? Skated by Sean Rabbit?

My life will not be complete until I see this program:hap57:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brilliant...any stumbles, falls, or out of character swearing will garner great PCS :hap93:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Meh, I don't feel like there's any particular need to make program ideas sound appealing. While warhorses are always a popular choice (almost wrote 'horse' there, jeez :palmf:), their popularity always increases during the Olympic season, so nothing new here. I for one am still excited. It's always interesting to see what new ideas skaters can bring to an old and well-known piece so, unless it's a piece that you absolutely hate, I don't think there is any need to be so negative before even seeing the programs. Obviously, not every program is going to bring innovation to a war-horse, in fact, quite many skaters do not have the most exciting choreography and end up with lifeless programs, but... trust your favourites, maybe they'll surprise you. And if not, you can complain after seeing them perform :laugh:

Either way, the vast majority of skaters have not even announced their program choices yet, so hold your horses (get it? war-horses? :laugh2: sorry, I'm tired :slink: :hopelessness: )
:thumbsup:

My outrage stores are very small, so I've run out. I'm now fully expecting everyone to either recycle, or choose a warhorse, or both, (as Mura has done) so that whenever someone doesn't, I can be pleasantly surprised.

liv

Record Breaker
Has someone actually skated to War horse? If they did so during an Olympic year I would seriously want to give them a high 5, lol.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Wow perfect music for Daleman!! Gladiator will highlight her big jumps and make her unpolished skate as her strength! Smart!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Keiji Tanaka
SP - The Prophet by Gary Moore
Edit: Needs confirmation, though.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has someone actually skated to War horse? If they did so during an Olympic year I would seriously want to give them a high 5, lol.

:laugh2:

It would be cheeky and schmaltzy at the same time. Not easy to pull off!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sean Rabbit

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWOsSxoHPsi/

FS (previously announced) Perez Prado Mambo Medley
SP TEQUILA ...

Oh no, I hope no one else is using Perez Prado, Sean and the Shibs are enough.

Eta. it is not a new program, right? he competed with it at nationals 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXDJICB1_8

Yes it is a repeat. I was trying to be complete as often people follow up with "do you know their other program?" so i figured, just include it.

To clarify for anyone who has not clicked on Sean Rabbitt's Instagram:

What he had previously announced (although it now has been superseded by yesterday's Instagram) is that he would have a *new* FS this season to Poeta.

(Thus Mrs. P :bow: in good faith had just gotten through dutifully including Poeta in her extensive updates to the OPs of this thread.)

In yesterday's Instagram, Sean revealed for the first time that his previous FS announcement no longer is in effect -- because he has made a subsequent decision to keep his Perez Prado FS from last season.

So Sean's return to his Perez Prado FS is a new announcement unto itself -- not a piece of old information.​

Wishing Sean the best for the season ahead :ghug:.
IIRC, he usually competes at the Los Angeles Open, and this year's edition is taking place this weekend.

ETA:

Duhh :hopelessness: ... I overlooked that his Instagram explicitly says that he is starting his season this weekend.

BTW, as recently as Jul 2, Sean had queried fans via Twitter as to whether they would be happy to see his mambo FS again.​

Okay, original posts (#1-#4) are updated based on information found on this thread. However, I looked at 50 + pages and there's a possibility I missed something, so I'm going to do another check; I may double check against some other sources. ....

Thanks a million, Mrs. P :thank:.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Mitsuki Sumoto FS Les Miserables
Kazuki Tomono FS West Side Story
Suto/Boudreau-Audet FS Beatles Medley
Wakaba Higuchi - Hallelujah EX

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Rika Hongo JPN
SP: Carmina Burana (same as last season)
FS: Frida Kahlo

Both choreo'ed by Shae-Lynn Bourne

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Rika Hongo JPN

I hope the music doesn't over-power her. The thing with Rika is that I always get a sense that she has big ambitions with her music choices but her actual skating and dance ability doesn't really allow her to execute the way she probably wants.

Lota

Record Breaker
Rika Hongo JPN

Ooh, those are some great choices! I liked her SP from last season so I don't mind her keeping it. As for the LP, Frida Kahlo hadn't even crossed my mind when thinking about good music/image for her, but now that I think about it, (if done correctly) it can be so good! :luv17: Rika expresses herself really well and, while no two skaters are alike, I feel like she's very different from other Japanese ladies that are more demure, tiny and cute. She needs to be more out-of-the-box with her choices, because calm-ish and elegant are not her strong points (the only time I've seen her "lost" in the music was her last year's LP which, kudos to her for trying something new, but it just didn't suit her all that much). Anyway, I really hope she has an injury-free season and produces a program that both she and the viewers can enjoy.

LRK

Record Breaker
Ooh, those are some great choices! I liked her SP from last season so I don't mind her keeping it. As for the LP, Frida Kahlo hadn't even crossed my mind when thinking about good music/image for her, but now that I think about it, (if done correctly) it can be so good! :luv17: Rika expresses herself really well and, while no two skaters are alike, I feel like she's very different from other Japanese ladies that are more demure, tiny and cute. She needs to be more out-of-the-box with her choices, because calm-ish and elegant are not her strong points (the only time I've seen her "lost" in the music was her last year's LP which, kudos to her for trying something new, but it just didn't suit her all that much). Anyway, I really hope she has an injury-free season and produces a program that both she and the viewers can enjoy.

Lawrence of Arabia? I actually thought the music choice was right, but the cuts weren't - they should have emphasised the epic main theme more, I think she could have killed that, but instead it was barely in it at all.

I can't say that the Carmina Burana ever grew on me - I didn't care for this particular version. But then, she seemed not quite herself all season, and maybe if she can give it more energy, it could win me over. I hope it will, because I love Rika, and it was sad seeing her a shadow of her self last season.