2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Bonnie F

On the Ice
Is there a list of all the known music selections for each discipline in one post anywhere? I seem to remember them all being in on place last year so I was wondering if there's anything like that this year before I start sorting through the previous 50 pages of this thread to see who's skating to what. Thanks.

Barb

Record Breaker
Is there a list of all the known music selections for each discipline in one post anywhere? I seem to remember them all being in on place last year so I was wondering if there's anything like that this year before I start sorting through the previous 50 pages of this thread to see who's skating to what. Thanks.

In this thread on the first page, but I think they have not been updated.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm not at all surprised by Evgenia's + team's choices. It's exactly the kind of music she skated to in the last seasons. She's found her niche and won't get out of her comfort zone in the Olympic season to make sure she wins. Versatility thy name is not Evgenia. But who cares when one's name's craved on the gold.

Why is Brezina a Potato King?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

There's also this spreadsheet on FSU: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Y_EGACCaBk98ondleSRXiHGaho/edit#gid=737752475

Source: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...formation-event-schedule-spreadsheets.101188/

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Loving it!!! I love Gladiator, one of my all time favorite movie OST :yahoo: Now if only someone can skate to Winter by Bond :laugh:

and the man in the Iron Mask, the broken arrow and the Racing... and I am happy :biggrin:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and the man in the Iron Mask, the broken arrow and the Racing... and I am happy :biggrin:

OMG YESSSSS! I was just thing about Broken Arrow, loved that but bad time with the school shooting in the US. But the music is soooo good. I'm a Yags megafan. Love every program since I first say him at Worlds '97!!!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
OMG YESSSSS! I was just thing about Broken Arrow, loved that but bad time with the school shooting in the US. But the music is soooo good. I'm a Yags megafan. Love every program since I first say him at Worlds '97!!!

woah.. I saw him at Euros 97 and I am his megafan too :luv17: I love all of his programs . Its pity Broken arrow and Revolutionary etude are somehow underrated , such an amazing programs with great choreo :luv17:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
woah.. I saw him at Euros 97 and I am his megafan too :luv17: I love all of his programs . Its pity Broken arrow and Revolutionary etude are somehow underrated , such an amazing programs with great choreo :luv17:

Revolutionary Etude! Memories :luv17: See I live for others skating to my fave music. I really need to see Winter by Bond again, skated to by anyone, soon. The music was epic, costume, choreo. Some of TAT/Morozov's best work :laugh:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Mirai's Chopin SP is a beautiful program for her, it's not going to be less beautiful just because someone else is using the music. They are very different skaters who leave different impressions. Honestly, remember a few years ago when there were like 5 POTO LPs in the men's competition. I'm just grateful we're not having that situation.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Honestly, remember a few years ago when there were like 5 POTO LPs in the men's competition. I'm just grateful we're not having that situation.

I am remembering two years ago when we had a slew of Chopins (Tarasova & Morozov, Hanyu, Patrick, Misha) and at least three Turandots (Shoma, Karen, Max) and feeling like deja vu. (Hanyu--how can one not be tired of the same music after two years?, Medvedeva, Mirai & Shoma, Marin). But we have a ways to go yet for either to match the 21 Romeo & Juliets in 2015-16.

In any case, I'm not a fan of the Nocturne, but I find Dona Nobis Pacem to be an intriguing idea as part of an Olympic free skate.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Revolutionary Etude! Memories :luv17: See I live for others skating to my fave music. I really need to see Winter by Bond again, skated to by anyone, soon. The music was epic, costume, choreo. Some of TAT/Morozov's best work :laugh:

As much as I would love to see "Winter" done again, no one currently competing has the feet and the footwork to do it, they're all retired. :eek:hwell:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As much as I would love to see "Winter" done again, no one currently competing has the feet and the footwork to do it, they're all retired. :eek:hwell:

Doesn't matter. I'll be happy with anyone giving it a try.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I think some of the top skaters can do Yagudin's Morosov toe-pick footwork (probably not with the same flavor of Yagudin) from Winter, but they won't because it will get like a level 1-2 now. That to me sort of shows a failing of IJS.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I think some of the top skaters can do Yagudin's Morosov toe-pick footwork (probably not with the same flavor of Yagudin) from Winter, but they won't because it will get like a level 1-2 now. That to me sort of shows a failing of IJS.

Indeed, the step sequence requirements are so limited. The toe pick footwork is hard in it's own way, you need a lot of stamina and just overall energy to be able to keep up with the music and pull off that kind of quick, light footwork, it could be just as difficult as an IJS step sequence but worth so much less. I think Yagudin would probably hit a basic level for that step sequence though, I don't think he does enough "difficult turns" on both feet. Some toe picking could be done as an in-between transitional sort of thing during the step sequence.