2015 Copernicus Stars Free Dance Sep 26 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Copernicus Stars Free Dance Sep 26

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
M/C are simply on another level from the other couples. I did rather like S/A. I think they have more potential than P/V. They're quite striking on the ice. The choreography is nothing to write home abut (Kustrova is just serviceable a choreographer at best), but they have wonderful lines. I'll keep an eye on them.

Did M/C change the ending? Maybe it was the camera angle.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We missed you in the Nebelhorn thread!

I was asleep, then at tutoring for physics, then about to do an EEG for research hours required for my psychology class, but after I put my info in the form, they said I couldn't do it because of the meds I take for ADD. Which they didn't put in the requirements for eligibility on the website for signing up.....I was so pissed off and I'm kind of still am. But they still gave me the credits anyways. I didn't ask for it, they just said they were. And they did. I still wish I got it done. This is the one time I HATE having ADD.

bramweld

Record Breaker
This dance isn't doing Ponomarenko and Partner any favours. Has he grown since we saw him last or is it just the camera angle?

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was asleep, then at tutoring for physics, then about to do an EEG for research hours required for my psychology class, but after I put my info in the form, they said I couldn't do it because of the meds I take for ADD. Which they didn't put in the requirements for eligibility on the website for signing up.....I was so pissed off and I'm kind of still am. But they still gave me the credits anyways. I didn't ask for it, they just said they were. And they did. I still wish I got it done. This is the one time I HATE having ADD.

Oof. Sorry. :no:

Layback11

Record Breaker
This dance isn't doing Ponomarenko and Partner any favours. Has he grown since we saw him last or is it just the camera angle?

Gergh, why am I not watching this?

Oh, I know why. Because I'm too lazy to walk five feet to get my headphones. :laugh2:

Sackie

Medalist
I agree - not sure of the score for that. It looked very frantic in places and she looked off balance quite often. And funny how the commentator mentioned the Mengs being out of sink on their Twizzles yet nothing about this team. And they were very out of sink.

Sackie

Medalist
Sibling Dance Teams really seem at a disadvantage when it comes to PCS marks. There just does not seem to be a lot of eye contact between them.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love that program from the Mengs, not a fan of the program from C/P. But hey, I like what I like and sometimes that is the same as the judges, just not today!

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
I like Russians P/V too. But the dances they have arnt doing them any favors. I think what the coaches and choreographers wanted to do was give them "starter off" programs which in retrospect is sort of smart. By next season though I hope both are given something better because they have potential. She is already a star in the making...

LisaM

Medalist
I like Russians P/V too. But the dances they have arnt doing them any favors. I think what the coaches and choreographers wanted to do was give them "starter off" programs which in retrospect is sort of smart. By next season though I hope both are given something better because they have potential. She is already a star in the making...

I agree, Sofia is a real performer!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think if possible M/C should skate as Seniors at Nationals this year. I can see them finishing in the top 5 and next season really putting pressure on H/D and H/B.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Well, M/C seem to be at the level that H/B were at when they won junior worlds. Granted, they've improved since then, but I think they could challenge both them and H/D (who, conversely, seem to have stagnated). All they need is experience. Otherwise, they're looking senior-quality for sure (hey, you can't blame those scores on home advantage when they're halfway across the world).

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Well, McNamara/Carpenter are definitely going to the JGPF! One confirmed spot for the USA!
As if someone doubted that :). And I think Parsons will be going too - they are very likely to win the last JGP, although a second place would be more than enough.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To bad C/P made that big mistake in the FD of their first JGP or they might have made the JGPF also and the US would have had 3 teams in.