2015 Cup of China Ladies Short Program | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Ladies Short Program

TheCzar

On the Ice
Agree. Plus Evgenia's skating is mature and not juniorish at all. She doesn't look like a child among the previously senior ladies.

Evgenia's skating is exactly the same as Radionova, down to the Oda-O face. Plus, a mature skater wouldn't milk a Tano to death to try and compensate.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
after I watch mao's program, I don't understand the underrotation on the loop. :scratch2: Its very close but not badly underrotated.

It was pretty bad. She was practically forward on the takeoff and landing.

I've slept on it and I'm still astonished that the 3A was given.

Leonardo

Final Flight
It was pretty bad. She was practically forward on the takeoff and landing.

I've slept on it and I'm still astonished that the 3A was given.

The 3A was given because she made the rotations. As simple as that.

jinhamasaki

Rinkside
Pogo's PCS is ridiculous. She was judoing on ice and was overally messy and somehow managed to outscore Rika's PCS by a point. I think she's more 27-28 PCS kind of skaters.
Elena's has the same posture problem as Rika's. Good speed, decent skating skill. I see them as the same level. You can see next year will be worse, her hip is still not there, and it will be trouble.

LOLOLOL Judoing!!! Sorry. I had to quote. Can they hand out extra negative GOEs or lower the PCS score for facepalming the ice? OTOH, Pogo is my favorite Russian, hope she makes it up in the FS.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
totally Agree!!!! that 3loop was close. but without a doubt at worst an <, not downgrade. I love the loop as combo so much that i'd rather see mao's combo not whoever's 3toe. eek. Anyway I think the system has to review this, lest we say goodbye to 3loops as back end of combos.

The 3Loop combos are totally underscored. Worth only .8 more base value than doing a 3Toe and inherently more prone to an < call and more difficult to get +GOE on. Whatever, Mao doesn't care. She's silently stubborn. I hope she gets one ratified this season, at the same time as doing a clean triple axel and a lutz without an 'e' call. The score will having Japan crying in the streets as they genuflect for their queen.

I was pleasently surprised by Courtney Hicks. Was she always that good, or did I unintentionally ignore her?

She's gotten better. But...still not enough.

David21

On the Ice
lol you only come out when Mao competes. How hateful

Yeah, I'm such a hater for daring to point out that Mao was overscored according to the rules.

Wrong edge and underrotation are already punished in the BV of the jump. Why double-punishment on the GOE?

What if another skater underrotated, took off on the wrong edge, and also put both hands down--how would the scoring account for that jump then?

Again, I'm only pointing out what the rules are. There is only a certain amount of punishment you can get for one single element. The rules say that wrong edge and underrotation are to be considerd in GOE as well and not only in the BV.

minze

Medalist
Yeah, I'm such a hater for daring to point out that Mao was overscored according to the rules.

Again, I'm only pointing out what the rules are. There is only a certain amount of punishment you can get for one single element. The rules say that wrong edge and underrotation are to be considerd in GOE as well and not only in the BV.

Yep.

David21

On the Ice
You have to ask yourself if you're only nitpicking at Mao's jumps. Do you do the same if you think another skater has underrotated a jump, or has Mao your special attention?

Mao has my special attention because she gets away with her underrotations so often.

3dsushi

On the Ice
Did she cheat the take off? That's what I thought looked suspicious.

Welcome to GS!!!! Post often and post long!!!

a 3loop as a second jump is so difficult, I think the judges need to reevaluate their judging emphasis on cheated jumps

Franklin99

Medalist
a 3loop as a second jump is so difficult, I think the judges need to reevaluate their judging emphasis on cheated jumps

I think it makes sense for a loop in combination (2nd jump) to have some pre-rotation, because it gives the skater the power she/he needs to vault back in the air and complete another triple. If you think about it, it's the only jump that doesn't have an assisting leg (besides a 3A) to help a skater get into the air and rotate fully. Every other jump you use your other leg to vault you back up for the second jump except a loop.

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Except that she had a visible large hook on the landing and clearly landed short.

Eh, it looked fine to me... and I thought the one she did at the JO was UR... (also, watching it live I thought her edge on her Lutz was good but the jump was UR... but seeing it in slow-mo I agree with the judging panel)

qwerty

On the Ice
Feels absolutely silly to say this given what Mao put out in the SP, but I think TES-wise it was a disappointing score for her. Still, the sheer difficulty allows wiggle room for Mao to get a couple calls (e and <) and still get the season's highest SP score (ignoring Mordavian Open for the time being... probably forever). I hope she skates this clean at some point in the season (Worlds!) and breaks 80 :hap10:

I also hope Radionova comes back in the long, I liked this version of the SP much better than test skates for some reason. Maybe the dress! She's got charisma in spades.

minze

Medalist
Mao has my special attention because she gets away with her underrotations so often.

Let me laugh. Are we watching the same sport? The woman gets call all the time. Your problem is that you want Mao to get call for every jump.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
So many Yuna-bots resurrected. :hap93: Just like old time. J/K. I know none of them are Yuna-bots, but it's funny to see all the bashing, just like 2008. :)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Unlike others I can spot URs in real time ;)
Hmm ... is that so special? I can see if a jump is fully rotated, but I can't tell if it it's slightly more or less than that magical 1/4 rotation short of rotation or not in real time. That's why I would have also given her that 3Lze, because after watching it in slow-mo I think it was within that allowed 1/4 rotation short. But difficult to tell from that camera angle, so I would give her the benefit of the doubt. All according to the rules.