2015 Cup of China Short Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Short Dance

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Won't win, but C/L have my favorite SD of the season so far.

Same here.

But, Ice Dance is boring to me the past 2 years. Virtue/Moir, Davis/White, Pechalat/Bourzat....we've been robbed. These other teams are just...not there. I'm even longing for at least Ilinykh/Katsalapov now, but they had to go and ruin that.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
C/B's SD is really open and a bit sloppy skated tonight compared to C/L. C/L should win this BY FAR. I can't believe the Shibs are constantly behind this team, sorry. Just compare the Shibs SD from China with this program and tell me which one is better.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Yeah, if they skate well I expect them to make a statement with Frida. So far I/Z's score is just above S/K in Skate America (just because S/K had a deduction, otherwise they would have lost to S/K too) and just below Bobrova/Solovied in Cup of China. They must really nail the FD and put up a big score tomorrow

I'm interested to see the protocol. This is a pretty neutral GP, I never go off SA, especially when Marina is there.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
PCS ov over 36 =))=)) 2 points over C/L =))=))
I am not even mad. It's actually funny

peese

Medalist
Nicky commented on Evan breaking forward on the first twizzle but it was Madison who was slow on it.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh my! Chock/Bates are below Cappellini/Lanotte! :dbana: BUT THEIR PCS ARE MONSTEROUS!

nocturnalis

Medalist
When people started talking about C/B being here, I was confused. I didn't know Chock/Bates were going to be here because nobody was checking for them this week.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Major issues with C/B TES... was only 29 in the end. Protocols will be interesting.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Great! :) I am glad to see that this competition is being judged fairly (although I do think C/B's PCS are too high). I was really impressed with C/L. Something about C/B just rubs me the wrong way... I can't quite put my finger on it. It's partly that they're mismatched (physically and in terms of skill level), partly that I find her presentation a bit over the top, but that's not totally it... Hmm...

Alex D

Record Breaker
Madison and Evan, have the best SD this season for me (of those I saw until now ). I love how he presents her, how the transitions are done, no break in the choreography and music, like with the couples before, wonderful.

Great work there, it´s a real dance for me, Ballroom :)

I felt the Italians were technical stronger, they also had no visible mistake.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Major issues with C/B TES... was only 29 in the end. Protocols will be interesting.

They probably missed KPs and levels. Definitely on the twizzles. I think it's a lovely, traditional program. It's not going to rock your world, but it's a good time for them to tackle a staunchly traditional program.

Fairly scored event methinks.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Same here.

But, Ice Dance is boring to me the past 2 years. Virtue/Moir, Davis/White, Pechalat/Bourzat....we've been robbed. These other teams are just...not there. I'm even longing for at least Ilinykh/Katsalapov now, but they had to go and ruin that.

I agree...this season especially is tough for me, there were lots of expectation but TBH none of teams which I even like had brought it. All these SD/FD seems bland, empty and uninspiring for me (maybe except Gilles/Poirier FD). I'm disappointed by almost everyone. And cannot understand that hype for Chock/Bates and their PCS - this is for me one of most mismatched duos in ID history...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
They still have a gigantic PCS cusion for FD, though.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Oh my! Chock/Bates are below Cappellini/Lanotte! :dbana: BUT THEIR PCS ARE MONSTEROUS!

And completely undeserved. C/L were amazing tonight. Now I really root for them to win this and I/Z to snatch the second place with their amazing Frida

GF2445

Record Breaker
Oh dear. Something must've went wrong.

About C/B's keypoints, their badly disguised 6/8 waltz is hurting them badly.