2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31 | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31

Mao88

Record Breaker
Congratulations to both Liza T and Elena Radionova on what was a epic contest!

Mangomango

On the Ice
Amazing performance by Liza! Much more musical in the FS actually. Bolero really kills the musicality sometimes.
Maybe some people will dispute that Liza deserves +3 on the jumps because of the height but I would honestly give her +1 only despite her amazing height because of her preparation into the jump. She makes unnecessary movements before she goes into it.
Wish she had a more open position and less circling round before she goes in to the jump.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Some judges only giving +2 for Liza's HUGE solo 3Lz :drama: What more do they want from a jump! It was one of the biggest jumps I've ever seen from a woman :laugh:
They will only give her +3 if she 'tano or 'rippon the 3Lz, and with a cantilever entry. :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Amazing skates by Tukt and Radionova. Well deserved title for Liza as her better quality jumps won the day.

I agree that Rad's TR score was a bit low but Liza performed the hell out of that program. Looking forward to Worlds as that will be huge pressure on both of them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Exactly. Euros =/= Four Continents.

Euros also had a much longer history and legacy.

As for the non-Russians, they still get spots. Yay for Sweden getting three! And it's fun to see breakout Europeans, like Angelina from Lativia!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Can someone explain Elena's two 2As in a row? Didn't this kind of waste a jumping pass? Could she have substituted the 3S for one of them?

She already repeats a lutz and loop twice.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Congrats to the 3 Russian ladies and the Helgesson sisters! Elena and Liza were just fantastic. I really believe well-deserved victory for Liza!!

chairmanmao

Final Flight
The first time I saw Radionova's program I didn't like it that much. Now as I have seen it several times I have grown to appreciate it and I can honestly say that this has to be the hardest LP I can remember of any lady not named Mao Asada.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Can someone explain Elena's two 2As in a row? Didn't this kind of waste a jumping pass? Could she have substituted the 3S for one of them?

Already repeated the 3Z and 3L. If she did another 3S it would be Zayaked and worth 0 points.

What she could consider is swapping a 2A with a 3Z but that's only 0.3 or 0.4 points more.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I am still so overstimulated by the fact that Tuk won Euros even after knowing Radio skated a perfect and nearly impossible-to-beat program!

The nerves that girl has!!
According to her interview, "she didn't concentrate on anyone else's performance." Maybe she blocked out sound with her headphones, closed her eyes, and ignored whatever score came up?

taltaltel

On the Ice
She repeates Lz and Lo. She would Zayak then.

Indeed. However, I think if she wants to grab more points, she should put that second 3Lz in the second half and put one of the 2As in front. Insofar as her rivalry with Liza is concerned, I don't think she will ever get higher GOEs on jumps than Liza if they both perform their best, so Lena should backload her program a bit more to compensate for that.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They really should separate Russian girls from Europeans. Like have separate Russian continent Champ. for Ladies.
Otherwise, there is not much stimulus for European girls for next years. To fight for the 4 or 5 place? And Russians needs more spots than three with Serafima, Evgenia, hopefully Yulia and maybe Adelina, and Alena.

They do--it's called Russian Nationals. And the idea is bit short-sighted. What if Russia has another drought in ladies skating like it did for the first 65 years of the European championships?

Lipea

Final Flight

Thank you a lot!
The translator actually was a little short on her answers...
She was very very thankful for the support of the audience and said it helped her a lot, she really emphasized that. She said she did not watch LP and did not see any other skater scores, and that her task was to do the best what she can do on which she was fully concentrated.
At the end she told, she understood that one should never give up, and one must fight till the end and if to leave then to leave only when you are on your top, but not when.. when you have a bad season.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Already repeated the 3Z and 3L. If she did another 3S it would be Zayaked and worth 0 points.

What she could consider is swapping a 2A with a 3Z but that's only 0.3 or 0.4 points more.

Is the rule that you can only repeat 2 triple jumps? If so, wouldn't swapping the the 2A with the 3Z cause the same problem. And a 3Z is worth a lot more than a 2A isn't it?